Can't recall if I ever told you I like blue cars...I do...

2018-hulla-5-007.jpg

These pictures are interesting in the history of Mary Barra Motors (do you get the feeling I don't like this woman?) and their racing program. This 1963 big tank car was driven by Doug Hooper and campaigned by Mickey Thompson. That is Thompson by the drivers door. The picture was taken at Riverside, California in October of 1962.

The story will follow in another post below written by Jim Dillion, a Corvette race history buff from Michigan.

Hooper-4.jpg
hot5.JPG

Jim Dillion writes...

LB cool pic of Doug Hooper in the 1963 Z06 that he won with at Riverside in October of 1962. There was a three hour race that was to kick off the Cobra-Corvette battle. I believe the Cobras broke but this car raced in one other main race which I believe was at Daytona and Duntov was working on the Grand Sports which Hooper drove but the plug was pulled on any official racing and/or parts, cars etc and the battle was not quite what it could have been had the Chevrolet racing program been allowed to continue. This picture of Hooper was the beginning of the end in a sense. I believe the car was sponsored and prepped by Mickey Thompson.