Can't you just hear the sound of those small blocks?

hot 62.JPG

Just another one of those posts to see if you guys are paying attention…checking fan belt tension…part of the 10 point engine check

View attachment 14380

I would let her check my fan belt tension or anything else she would like under my Corvette hood. Good help is hard to find nowdays!

California Speed and Sport was owned by Joe Barzda who is acknowledged as being the first racer to run a small block Chevrolet in a Sprint car around 1958. Offenhauser was the engine of choice of the sprint car crowd at the time.

Barzda attempted to qualify for Indy in 1951, 52 and 53 but never made the field. Barzda was involved in the fatal accident of Van Johnson at Pennsylvania's Williams Grove Speedway in 1959. He suffered minor injuries in the crash but never competed again.
27747920_10211951748973339_55913109407054288_o.jpg

Reactions: ddgermann
I find this a very interesting photo of what appears to be a GM test vehicle. Looks like Duntov behind the wheel but the car looks very rough. Anyone have any knowledge of this car? I think is might be the SR2 but perhaps a very early version? Tin foil air scoop?

tumblr_p1sormuzBB1qcdxvpo1_1280.jpg

This is heavy heavy prototype Murray.

You can tell by the amount of pocket protectors attached to the engineers.... who look freaked out by the way. :Biggrin:

Great picture

Hey now. Be careful there on the engineer jokes... It's a known fact that pocket protectors were invented by an offshore manager power engineering professional who kept putting his pen in his pocket upside down...
:rofl:

Personality

:ROFL:

ouch! That hurt..... Are we done now?... LOL...

Reaching the end of a job interview, the Human Resources Manager for one of the world's largest offshore companies asked the recently unemployed Bumi Armada, Offshore Drilling Installations Manager this question....

“And what starting salary were you looking for?”

Being a significant contributor to his previous employer and also accustomed to enjoying a much better than average lifestyle, he answered, “In the neighborhood of $600,000 a year, depending on the benefit’s package.”

The HR Manager said, “Well, what would you say to a package of $ 1.5 million a year, 26 weeks vacation, full medical and dental, company matching retirement fund to 50% of salary, first class travel every time you fly, and a company car leased every 2 years – say, a triple black C7 ZR1 optioned out with carbon fibre everything...... and a tire allowance.... ?”

The offshore manager sat up straight and said, “Wow!!! Are you kidding?”

The HR Manager said, “Of course I am, …but you started it.”

Last edited:
ouch! That hurt..... Are we done now?... LOL...

Reaching the end of a job interview, the Human Resources Manager for one of the world's largest offshore companies asked the recently unemployed Bumi Armada, Offshore Drilling Installations Manager this question....

“And what starting salary were you looking for?”

Being a significant contributor to his previous employer and also accustomed to enjoying a much better than average lifestyle, he answered, “In the neighborhood of $600,000 a year, depending on the benefit’s package.”

The HR Manager said, “Well, what would you say to a package of $ 1.5 million a year, 26 weeks vacation, full medical and dental, company matching retirement fund to 50% of salary, first class travel every time you fly, and a company car leased every 2 years – say, a triple black C7 ZR1 optioned out with carbon fibre everything...... and a tire allowance.... ?”

The offshore manager sat up straight and said, “Wow!!! Are you kidding?”

The HR Manager said, “Of course I am, …but you started it.”

Well played sir... well played. :Biggrin:

Reactions: Black 03 Z06