Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
VetteCoins
Well. After all this time of my supporting the benefits of a battery tender on all vehicles when they are not in regular use, I guess it's time to eat a little crow (so to speak). Went out today to flash up my Can-Am ATV, only to hear the click click click of the starter.... :Ack2: .... So a boost later and getting the ATV into my shop, I proceeded to investigate the problem. After a full charge to 13 volts with a standard battery charger, I pulled out my trusty battery load tester and lo and behold, my battery is kaput, toast, worn out. Obviously using a tender on this battery for the last 15+ years has totally failed me. I would have expected one of those little 18 Ah, 270 CCA batteries to have lasted much longer than that...I guess a warranty claim is out of the question.... ;)..... Ok... So a little tongue in cheek here. Bought the ATV new in 2007 and this is the first battery change.... Wow....

Things never last! Ha ha.

Way back in 1983 I bought a battery for our ‘75 coupe.
I got it from CanTire during the short time they offered, wait for this, a battery with a LIFETIME warranty….! I also bought one for our ‘76 442. We owned the 442 ‘til 1998 and had a couple of batteries replaced for FREE.
We still own the ‘75 Coupe(40 years. So far) and have had a few batteries replaced.
A few years ago I took in a failing battery, showed my lifetime warranty paper and they gave me a new one. No questions at all. The parents of the CanTire employee that did the replacement were probably very young when I got the first battery!

graham

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.