It certainly is a great looking car Barry. Unfortunately a very questionable dealership.
There have been issues with the A8 transmissions yes. To varying degrees. Some have a little stutter going into 3rd all the way to total replacements of the torque converter. This is not universal with the A8 and seems to be relative to the year and model. I have an M7 so I haven’t followed super closely on this. I just saw a Rick Conti video yesterday where a guy tuned this problem right out of his A8 and showed it in a drive segment. I have to admit the car shifted fast and perfectly.
But that’s just one issue. I know you have more.
The good advice is above from Vangaurd. Dealerships are often the cause of dissatisfaction with Corvettes as the people you deal with really don’t know the car well and treat a customer spending 100k on a premium sports car the same as someone spending 20K on a Trax. Most of us have experienced this and moved on to a better dealership. I’m on my 2nd C7 and have had no issues fortunately... but once past the sales people it’s the service folks who count. Fortunately the dealership I use has very good service people for Corvette.
Overall if you have both factory and extended warranty you can take your car to a more willing dealer as well, provided the purchase dealership will not replace the car with another one.
Please keep us posted as this is a very unfortunate situation that we all are supportive of and interested to know the outcome.

D

Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.