Welcome to CCF Barry.
Get a picture of your Vette for your avatar.
We all like to drool a bit.
Also you can tick off what model vette you have and thewre is a thread on which part of Canada you are from.
Explore the site and enjoy

Welcome @Gold medalion
Mine's a 2016 C7 Z51 too ... although I'm snowed in from driving it now ...
so I check out CCF, to welcome new users and to check out their Corvette photo ... :Snaphappy:

Last edited:
Welcome Barry. Perfect time to join CCF. You now have the winter to plan all the mods. 😂
Lots of good info here for pretty much anything Corvette.
Yes send some pics of the beauty. 👍

Welcome to the family Barry. I am fairly new here and can attest that it is a welcoming and respectful environment for exchange of ideas and info. Pictures please. We all enjoy ogling other Vette's as well as our own :cyclops:. No harm in bragging about your new baby. A couple of my bragging rights are attached :joyful:

Attachments

• 20180920_174111-01.jpeg
    20180920_174111-01.jpeg
    510.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20180919_180719-01.jpeg
    20180919_180719-01.jpeg
    784.8 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
well i would brag but it has been a night mare since i bought it from heater core to trans to engine should have stuck to my guns and bought a c6 still has warranty but i bought 6 weeks ago dealer has had it 3

• Wow
Reactions: ddgermann
it had only 18000 kms on it suppose to be cream puff car what a joke

This is actually quite unusual Barry. This car should still have the B2B warranty active. The C7 is by far the most refined Corvette to date in build quality and has only a few known issues depending on the model and configuration.
I'm certain others here would like some details on the car. Did you buy it privately or through a dealer?

I have never heard of a heater core failing on a C7...

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
bought it at chev dealer already suggest they take it back with no avail they have it right now will be there for two weeks while they wait for new fly wheel and bell housing can't drive it as it sounds like a school bell ringing just a royal pain in butt very disappointed in this car most likely trade it after i get it back find a c6.
the dealer tells me they have had nothing but problems with the 8 speed trany
when i drive it now wonder whats going to go next can't trust it
the heater core went after i paid for it with in a hour drove it 3 times before buying it looked at 65 vetted before deciding on this one from Nova Scotia to Ontario warrant is up it ended 9 September bought extended because of issues .take for a drive take to dealer never ending saga

If the dealer is telling you there are a lot of problems then that is more cause for a buy back.
Didn't someone of CCF have a crank bearing go which also took out the tranny because of crank endplay?
26,000K on mine and no problems so far. Farthest run was MITM this last summer - 5,000K there and back

Good looking car Barry. Considering you had issues almost immediately after the purchase, I think the dealer has a significant responsibility to ensure your satisfaction not only for the repairs but your loss of vehicle use. You paid a lot of money for this car and it carries a daily cost of operation based on that cost to you. Read your warranty booklet and then fight for your rights. Check the Customer Satisfaction Procedure on page 33 and GM contact information on page 36.

Most important: be a complete pain in the ass for your dealer, stay on their case every day or several times a day if necessary. Phone, email, snail mail and in person - find a time when the showroom is typically busy, they don't like customers making loud verbal complaints in the showroom. Be assertive but don't yell, threaten or use abusive language - just state the facts - and keep repeating them in a strong voice that can be easily overheard by other customers. Don't post inaccurate information based on emotion anywhere on a public web including this forum. Dealers and manufactures have the same access as we do to this forum as well as other social media platforms and can use it against us if we are not accurate when reporting.

Google the dealer name and the names of the sales manager. You may find some interesting info that will support your case. Check the BBB in your area. Demand to speak with the dealer VP for sales or higher. Some dealers are part of a conglomerate and the President is not even in the city where the dealer operates. Toss out the lawyer word during conversations but don't use it as a threat - something like, "Your dealership has taken this situation completely away from my control as a customer and I wonder of it requires legal advice". Check the consumer rights provisions and regulations in Nova Scotia. It may be worth $300 to spend an hour with a lawyer specializing in consumer rights.

If you have not done it already, join the Corvette Club of Nova Scotia and ask if anyone there has information about the history of your car. Or information regarding your dealer. Check this link, Corvette Club of Nova Scotia Did I understand that the car came from Ontario? If you know the area, join the appropriate Corvette owner club and ask about the car.

Perhaps there is a lawyer member of this forum who could point you in the right direction. ;)

Most importantly: be a polite pain in the ass (PITA) for the dealer and don't stop. They may settle just to get you off their back.

Good luck and keep us up to date if you are comfortable doing that. We can all learn from others experiences.

• Useful
Reactions: ddgermann and Nik
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.