Certain words pop out in a Corvette Forum.
I was in Manitoba once and it resulted in
my helping out the profitability for a car wash
owner each day while I was there with my Ray.
Hey, we have some pavement out here. At MITM in Winnipeg, I didn't wash my car for 3 days. Won a trophy too. But then I had to get home on that bit of dusty gravel. That was the end of that.

Hey, we have some pavement out here. At MITM in Winnipeg, I didn't wash my car for 3 days. Won a trophy too. But then I had to get home on that bit of dusty gravel. That was the end of that.
So keeping my Corvette clean was the wrong thing to do …
I did not get that memo … and watching Ziggy and Eric
gave me no choice. I parked beside the Judge's Corvette
that was splattered with bugs … thought I had a better chance.
I now know better for the next one … :Cheers2:

I opened a new thread because I think there will be many replies! We have noise bylaws except I have to file an official report so the cops can give out a 250$ fine, if not they just ask him to turn it down. As soon as the police are at the end of the street he turns it back up. Problem is if I fill out the report he can contest it and I'll have to go to court and since he's welfare and a real nut case I'll be there constantly and he'll do more vandalism. I spent many nights sleeping downstairs in the basement because I hear this constant bass, in the bedroom, kitchen, living room with the TV turned on etc. I call the cops and he know he has 45 minutes before they show up so he turns it down and up all day, all night. The cops started to harass me because I called too many times.

He then starts to build more sheds at midnight, sometimes at 3. Then all of a sudden his crack head girlfriend start yelling and insulting at each other. Both of them recently lost their vehicles, probably seized by the police. Seriously she looks like a real zombie, her face wrinkled like Texas chainsaw massacre Edward Gein's masks.

Last year I had enough he made bonfires every other night with left over scraps and the tinder would rise 20 feet in the air. I called the fire department and they were there literally in 4 minutes and hosed it down. They could of fined him but I think he just got a warning.
I can relate to your problem having had several instances of bad neighbours with either the party crowd, rowdy late night pool parties, endless barking dogs, screaming fighting couples and cat urine soaked upholstery in my ski boat or the smell of it wafting in from my sliding patio doors.

The most memorable incident happened about 20 years ago when I was a renter of a duplex in a cul de sac of duplexes. One night I heard a blast that rocked our duplex. Shortly after the blast there was a frantic knock on our door asking that we call 911 as there was a fire in the next over duplex. Turned out that the next duplex to ours, not the one we were living in had a marijuana grow op and processing operation ongoing in it. They were using Naptha to extract and concentrate marijuana resin and the Naptha fumes in the basement were set off by either the pilot light in the furnace or hot water tank causing a massive explosion. The blast blew out all of their windows and even buckled the cinder block firewall between the two residences traumatizing a senior couple next door resulting in the husband having a fatal heart attack.

Fortunately now I live in a quiet neighbourhood of mostly retirees but at times in the past I felt like I was living in an episode of the Trailer Park Boys. Good luck.

• Wow
Reactions: Tango

So keeping my Corvette clean was the wrong thing to do …
I did not get that memo … and watching Ziggy and Eric
gave me no choice. I parked beside the Judge's Corvette
that was splattered with bugs … thought I had a better chance.
I now know better for the next one … :Cheers2:

Don't feel bad Sp. For all the late night detailing Zig and I did, only one of us came home with a trophy... And it wasn't me.... lol.... I know better next time too... If Zig's car is there, neither of us have a chance. I'm pretty sure he must have bought every toothbrush and cue tip the drugstore had to get his car looking that good... :thumbs:

Reactions: nascar03 and YFCvii
I've been planning to build a fence with sturdy 4x4 metal posts filled with concrete and regular fencing in between but no one this summer wanted to dig post holes or were charging way way too much.

[/QUOTE]
Sounds like an invitation to a BBQ and if someone shows up with an auger to drill a few holes then that would be an extra. Cement doesn't take too long to mix and if we are several he won't be too much of an A hole

Yes a strong fence will surely help as consideration of planting columnar trees for screening.
We have columnar spruce strategical rooted for year round screening on our property.
A few columnar aspen as well. The noise aspect may remain to be a challenge though.

I only have about 5'-6' from the house to the property line so trees are out. It's a good thing he doesn't have a van for the moment and hopefully for a very long time because last winter he rammed the fence with his van on purpose and he's such a welfare he ruptured at least 3 tires on 3 occasions and one time he rammed it, he bent the post over and the post caught under his van. He spent over an hour swearing and cutting it out and being pulled by his felon son. I laughed out of sight but still very angry at the same time. When I do put a fence and if he gets to drive again the fence needs to take a beating because he'll attempt to destroy it again. He also comes it at 50km/hr straight in the driveway and it only fits 4 car lengths.

Even the landlord is an idiot, I caught him twice ramming the fence with an empty trailer! I walked to his open car window and told him if he ever did that again I'd put the police on his case too. I haven't seen him with a trailer since.

For the noise I play white noise on the speakers when I'm at the computer. I just hope the place catches in flames or he gets kicked out or goes to prison!

• Wow
Reactions: turbozig
You didn't get this from me.... or maybe you did.... Strategically placed 1 inch concrete reinforcement bars driven in the ground along and against the side of the fence,...(on your side of on the fence of course) at about a 30 degree angle facing the point of vehicle entry and about 12 to 15 inches sticking out of the ground. Sharpening the exposed end after pounding them in also helps. After a couple of punctured radiators and oil pans, he may get the hint. If you wnt to get really technical, measure the height of his bumper so that the bar just slips underneath it.

You didn't get this from me.... or maybe you did.... Strategically placed 1 inch concrete reinforcement bars driven in the ground along and against the side of the fence,...(on your side of on the fence of course) at about a 30 degree angle facing the point of vehicle entry and about 12 to 15 inches sticking out of the ground. Sharpening the exposed end after pounding them in also helps. After a couple of punctured radiators and oil pans, he may get the hint. If you wnt to get really technical, measure the height of his bumper so that the bar just slips underneath it.
The Maginot Line....

Reactions: Bixter44
Yeah... More or less... I saw them used by ALS companies up north. They use to stake and flag R/W's all day long and then snowmobilers would run down all the stakes overnight... Conveniently placed legal pins left sticking up somewhat worked wonders in discouraging that...

Reactions: Tango and Bixter44
If thats what they do to fencing, screw the chain link and go buy some of the highway concrete barriers and put your fence right behind them:

685E53EE-E9E2-4366-B78A-DDF8473BB4AD.jpeg

They can run into that all day long.
Or, you can drop the barriers in place and mount chain link/fencing on top of it:

DF97EB99-3484-4482-BC26-5ECA16637BCE.jpeg

I see that all the time. Solid, immovable and you still have a human height fence/barrier. Put the barbed wire on top like in the pic above and they might start to get the picture that they better start leaving you alone....;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tango and Bixter44
If thats what they do to fencing, screw the chain link and go buy some of the highway concrete barriers and put your fence right behind them:

View attachment 35202
They can run into that all day long.
Or, you can drop the barriers in place and mount chain link/fencing on top of it:

View attachment 35203

I see that all the time. Solid, immovable and you still have a human height fence/barrier. Put the barbed wire on top like in the pic above and they might start to get the picture that they better start leaving you alone....;)

I had planned that already with those 2 ton?? concrete rectangular blocks. I had planned to put the post 6 feet apart and put a 4' block in between each. The picture below is just for reference, I wouldn't attach the posts to the concrete block. I even went to the city with pictures and ideas but guess what they have no clue how to tie their shoe laces. She told me I needed a permit and plans and on the city website, no plans or permits required for a fence. The fence has to follow some criteria. I don't want to risk an inspector in 2 years time to say no you are not allowed to put concrete blocks. However the neighbor can litter the property with a million sheds.

Wates-Leeds-3.jpg

Such a waste just looking at that bottle of Pappy's..... I say we drink it.... or at least taste it... lol.... My buddy in Florida had a bottle of Angels Envy waiting for me when I was there in September... That is a nice bourbon as well...
If you are a bourbon drinker there is nothing like Pappy’s. It also isn't cheap.

Devils Cut is my choice. It is smooooooth. Just checked my stash because we are getting a lot of snow here today and I'm good.

Attachments

• IMG_4826.jpeg
    IMG_4826.jpeg
    378.1 KB · Views: 8
I like Devil's cut. Usually have a bottle of it or regular JB kicking around in case someone wants to try bourbon but insists on mixing it... :Cryin:... Even though Woodford is more money, it's still my bourbon of choice.

Reactions: kerry4
To bad we pay through the nose for booze in Canada. My wife picked me up a 30 can case of Rolling Rock beer when she went to the States shopping last month. For 30 cans it cost $13.00 Up here it would be $40.00 or more. Got a 1.75 litre of Bourbon and it was $28.00 at Walmart. We get screwed in taxes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.