Great videos Garry , so happy to see you enjoying the car .

If you have any concerns you know were and an email or phone call away :canada:

Good morning Manny,

It was a lot of fun and a good confidence builder to hang the back end of the car out! Still it is a pain with the guys designing a track that works so well for a Civic or Miata, the Chicago Boxes are way too tight for a "normal" sized car.

I will send you a picture of the oil weeping, I have (sadly, sorry!) not taken the closest look at it to see if it is a seal or perhaps from one of the two plugs or what. Are those really 3/16 allen wrench sized by the way??

The boys were really impressed with the car, I was asked to give several rides and by far the best sounding car too! The chirping/warbling/whining/spooling of the SC is pretty cool! Now that ear is better turned to it even driving it on the street and hearing it spool down at the stop signs is a nice audio moment fo rme.

I just wish that I had more room to get above 4000 rpm every once in a while. But the track at the Ft St John airport looks like it might have some longer areas. Tri should be back by then and I might send him a few lines on what might make it more equal for the different cars. I've done tight courses now twice so I want something a bit faster.

It is an eye opener though to see the 2nd fastest car as a stock Miata though. You learn a lesson about weight and balance. Especially as Jordan had never run an autocross before.

I'm not sure what the guys at the dealer did when programming the new key FOB that caused the Dashtronix not to be displayed in the DIC but I am not all that excited to return to that dealer - I went to the PR one instead of the Fairview one too. Makes you sort of see what I thought I'd asked you to do the key when the car was with you- this never would have happened then!!

I hope to take better videos this time too now that I am more comfortable with the process. Plus if I get the mount necessary I'll mount the 2nd one too (the GoPro), maybe on the back or inside the car. I'd like to see the dash instruments on a run just to see how fast and the engine peak rpm............

But at least I had some honor by beating both Mustangs including the 550 hp Shelby GT 500 (I didn't know it was that powerful) and also the AWD WRX........

Cheers,

Garry

Great videos Garry! I can see what you mean about the track being tight!!! The civic in the first video wasn't even able to get up in the revs. Looks like a very fun event!

Good morning Manny,

It was a lot of fun and a good confidence builder to hang the back end of the car out! Still it is a pain with the guys designing a track that works so well for a Civic or Miata, the Chicago Boxes are way too tight for a "normal" sized car.

I will send you a picture of the oil weeping, I have (sadly, sorry!) not taken the closest look at it to see if it is a seal or perhaps from one of the two plugs or what. Are those really 3/16 allen wrench sized by the way??

The boys were really impressed with the car, I was asked to give several rides and by far the best sounding car too! The chirping/warbling/whining/spooling of the SC is pretty cool! Now that ear is better turned to it even driving it on the street and hearing it spool down at the stop signs is a nice audio moment fo rme.

I just wish that I had more room to get above 4000 rpm every once in a while. But the track at the Ft St John airport looks like it might have some longer areas. Tri should be back by then and I might send him a few lines on what might make it more equal for the different cars. I've done tight courses now twice so I want something a bit faster.

It is an eye opener though to see the 2nd fastest car as a stock Miata though. You learn a lesson about weight and balance. Especially as Jordan had never run an autocross before.

I'm not sure what the guys at the dealer did when programming the new key FOB that caused the Dashtronix not to be displayed in the DIC but I am not all that excited to return to that dealer - I went to the PR one instead of the Fairview one too. Makes you sort of see what I thought I'd asked you to do the key when the car was with you- this never would have happened then!!

I hope to take better videos this time too now that I am more comfortable with the process. Plus if I get the mount necessary I'll mount the 2nd one too (the GoPro), maybe on the back or inside the car. I'd like to see the dash instruments on a run just to see how fast and the engine peak rpm............

But at least I had some honor by beating both Mustangs including the 550 hp Shelby GT 500 (I didn't know it was that powerful) and also the AWD WRX........

Cheers,

Garry

Garry , just so food for thought .....Oil and fluids do slosh around when you are doing events like auto cross and track events . SO that maybe all it is >

Manny

Good afternoon Manny,

For sure! I just got back from a noontime visit to the dentist and my mouth is finally thawing out. What a pain. But I wanted to wait until the sun was high to take pictures. As usual since I don't yet understand how to shrink the file size without affecting image size it will be a PM. If you want to post the pic inthe thread along with your comments that it OK with me too. I'll send them in 10 minutes or so, it will also allow me to test the #2 FOB...........

Thanks for continuing to give this matter brain time too Manny, it means a lot to me that you give it serious consideration and post your thoughts.

Cheers,

Garry

Last edited:
Good afternoon Riley,

And yet the Civic was setting the fastest times............!

Cheers,

Garry

AutoX is very humbling. It's amazing what some of these drivers are able to do with a stock car. The nice thing about AutoX is how the field is divided based on things like engine displacement and mods. This helps level the playing field.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Good morning Justin,

Yes! I mean I knew of the reputation of the Miata but to see it in action is different. Weight and balance can handily offset power. Of course on a track with fewer corners the strengths of my car might come into play and maybe with more experience I'll get better too. I noticed between last fall and last week how I drive has changed. Experience, knowing what it islike, what the cones mean and so forth make a big difference. I am looking forward to seeing how I do next time and especiallyif the track is more suited to getting a bit more engine speed and letting the car do its thing!

Plus they maybe different cars there too and a different group of drivers to meet and have fellowship with.

All about fun!

Cheers,

Garry

That is very neat to hear Garry. You could see the civic owner bring the rear end around on some of the turns. Looks like fun!!! Looking forward to hearing about your next event!

If you get serious with AutoX, it'd be interesting to see how much different your car would be (even with all that power) with set of R compound tires. Keep up the good work. There's no doubt in my mind that your driving style has changed. I find for me it's nerves if I haven't done it in awhile or it's a different club. You'll only get better. My experience with AutoXers is that the veteran drivers are more than helpful at giving advice, taking you for a ride to show you the proper line or even tore inflation tips. Great environment.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

It is fun to watch a front wheel drive car driver hang the rear end out!

An interesting suggestion Justin. I think especially if/when I manage to get my tilt trailer to move the car I might consider a second set of rims/tires for AX work.

You are very right. The other drivers have been very helpful. No one is hiding their cards or anything like that. More so the question is how much the individual driver can decrease their time over the day rather than how well they finish relative to the others. For example, I think my 1st pass was 1:22 and I got down below 1:06 once and had some 1:07 and 1:09 passes.

Cheers,

Garry

Good afternoon Gentlemen,

I've spent the past two days getting caught up on plot work.

Picked up more meth today, finally able to top up the reservoir - that must hold a lot, I've added the original 3.78 l last week and another 1 l today (after the autocross.........) but it is filled now.

A bit of wetness/seepage around the supercharger - Colin have you noticed this with your unit? I'm assuming it must be oil????

I need to double check too, is the top brass plug on the SC the oil add and the bottom one the dipstick or the other way??

It is a 3/16 allen wrench as well??? Oddly looked like it might have been a Torx or something like that.

Off to the dike. Still no luck in downloading my camera's video files, not intuitive so I'm going to have to find the manual! But I took some of the other cars with my older camera and I know how to do that one so I'll see about uploading them onto YouTube tonight while I am in bed since it takes such a long time............
Cheers,
Garry

Sorry Garry been hectic around here lately and missed your thread:

Yes the wsw reservoir is big -- I'd guesstimate about 5-6 liters -----

No seapage at my supercharger but checking the level would be astute.

Yes the bottom brass plug is the dipstick.....

and yes it's a 3/16 allen key. M ine was in really tight to be careful not to ruin the key or the key receptacle.

BTW -- apparently one should change the supercharger oil after 2500 miles (4000 kilometers). as per the manufacturer's recommendations.

About the supercharger "seepage" you mentioned.......Is it a lot? Don't run that supercharger dry. I"m sure you wouldn't purposely but it doesn't hold much .... I'd guess about a pint maybe.:D

What about the other issues you've had? Is the T/C ok now or is there still a re-occurring light? And the Dashtronix -- Did you reconnect it to the OBD2 port and get it to work again? -- and can you still access you DIC with the Dashtronix working?
On mine I cannot have mine in Manual mode and still have the DIC -- It's one or the other. So (for me) it's just a matter of opting for MM and no DIC or Drive mode with DIC. which I'm used to now and like.
On your standard trans. I believe the choices are different. I'd have to read the websight again to know.:

DashTronix?

At Manny's shop is Andrew the tall redhaired mechanic apprentice -- he's the go to guy for Dashtronix and I can vouch for his knowledge if you need info. He's done a few now and has done his homework on the system and applications. I'm sure Manny wouldn't mind him talking with you on the phone at an arranged time. Andrew isn't there every day so you'd have to discuss that with Manny first of course.

I forgot to ask if you ever got your cracked windshield replaced or is the crack still 'growing' ? :D

Sounds like you're having fun with that Yellow Beast -- kudos for putting it thru its paces and driving it like it was meant to be driven.

I haven't come across those videos you mentioned but I expect I will soon .. Got some catching up to do.

Cheers,
Your old buddy Colin in Cambridge.:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.