Nov 3, 2012
buckhorn ontario
VetteCoins
Car
here's your chance to see vettes vs whatever. 2 day event this time, today and tomorrow at the picton airfield. i'm loaded up and leaving in an hour. racing from 11:00 - 6:00 only 5 bucks for spectators and 20 for racers.
001.JPG

Reactions: CCO
it was a blast !!!!! the car was quick and the new rubber made it leave like it was shot out of a cannon. one guy in a mustang found out the hard way about making power without correct wheel studs. both rear wheels sheared off up at the big end of the strip.he was okay but learned an expensive lesson. i raced a friend with a chevy powered vw beetle gasser, we had a great pass and it was too close to call. what a fun day.

they time the 1/4 rob, but because it's an arm drop event there are no slips. many of us are set up to normally run 1/8th mile so we get out of it at about that mark. the car usually does the 1/8th in the 7.40's at around 94 mph. that would give a 1/4 time of about 11.7 or so. that pontiac beside me is a 12 cylinder - twin v6's !!!!! being first through the gate saturday morning gave a cool number.
005.JPG
001.JPG

Years ago there was a Studebaker that was the terror of the dragstrips in Ontario, New York and many National Events that was about the same vintage a Doug's car. It was campaigned by Peter Magel and had the lovely name of "Maggot". The car was very successful running NHRA Stock Classes.This guy knew all the tricks and he was eventually banned from many track simply because they suspected he was cheating. If he was they never proved it

I have a friend that has a 1962 Lark with a Studebaker Fuel Injected 283, stock from the factory with a four speed. That car is a quick one. You want a sleeper Keith, that one is just the ticket.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.