It took a year and a half for my wife to ride in my last one. She's not much of a car enthusiast.
She went for a ride in my current one after I only owned it 2 months and immediately asked if it was always going to be this loud when it was just idling in the driveway. I said no it was going to get much, much worse. I dropped the top and drove it very gently across town making sure not to accelerate at all and immediately opened it up on the highway, making she she got to hear and feel what a supercharger does. All she did was shake her head. She admitted she understood then why the stereo had to be so powerful as she had previously asked why there were 2 large amps in the trunk.
I'm sure she enjoyed it but would never, ever admit it. Now for my son and daughter,
it's the exact opposite ...

Hahahhaaaa. That is too funny about your comment that it was going to get much, much worse.... Well, that would depend on who you were talking to I guess, if you were talking to me, all I could imagine is that your car would get much, much awesomer!

I suppose I'm pretty lucky when it comes to my significant other. She makes sure that we have date nights so that we can go for a cruise in the vette. :). Things that used to make her nervous while driving, she now enjoys immensely!

I was just wondering as everyone here pretty much has a Corvette, does your significant other like your car or do they only like it because you like it?

Initially she said she loves it and ogled and ooh'ed and aah'ed and all but what really made a difference was when she drove it home from dinner the other day and I believe she really enjoyed that. -- she was pleasantly surprised at how 'easy' it was to drive, and tailor the settings for the driver and now she's set as driver #2.

Um, on a side note: the Fiesta is in the driveway WTF and this is a work day for her. don't know what's up with that ...........................:confused::confused:

Must go now.:swear:

When i brought my Vette home and told the wife that i'd traded her quad for a vette she was pretty pissed. the next night i got her involved with picking a new colour and things calmed down. now her talk is positive and i think she is thinking she'll be driving the corvette!

Um, on a side note: the Fiesta is in the driveway WTF and this is a work day for her. don't know what's up with that ...........................:confused::confused:

Must go now.:swear:

Is that WTF meaning Wednesday,Thursday, Friday? Or the other usual meaning of WTF?:D

I hope you got the car moved so you can take the GS to work.

Tigerdog, glad to hear your wife is starting to like your car! I'm sure it makes buying parts and working on it much easier.

Is that WTF meaning Wednesday,Thursday, Friday? Or the other usual meaning of WTF?:D

I hope you got the car moved so you can take the GS to work

Tigerdog, glad to hear your wife is starting to like your car! I'm sure it makes buying parts and working on it much easier.

LOL, Riley, WTF is "the x-rated meaning" and meant that the 'vette was gone cuz she loved it so much after driving it, took it to work and left the Fiesta for me to drive.:rofl:

Don't worry, My humour is a little wry and bent sometimes, and takes some getting used to.:)

BTW - my 'job' now is playing 'Mr. Mom' for the family since retiring to Marg my wife and all the critters we have here : 2 dogs and 5 cats! -- Yes it's a big house and it's full of animals -- mostly 4-legged:D ---

Heck I don't have time at a job outside the home anymore. Thankfully I'm retired (from the fire service- 25yrs) and keep busy with 'kids', laundry, cooking, vacuuming, Mom (lost my Dad in '01 to cancer), twin brother, cars, web-clubzz, and a bunch more things all the while Margaret works -- She's not retired yet and still works for the Red Cross nursing at various facilities and homes in Cambridge.

-----------------------

Must go check and make sure she hasn't taken the 'vette' out and left the Fiesta again.........better get that keyfob #2 back and hide it along with mine.:rofl:

Who might have been alone?

First some context.

We had been driving a 1995 Chev Astro for over 12 years and almost 300,000 km when, in the fall of 2008, my wife says "Let's go look at the new 2009 (sorry about this) Dodge Challenger because you've always liked that 'Cuda styling." And when I said "Who knows if they even have any on the lot yet" she responds with "Well they do because I called".

Our Challenger was delivered two weeks later.

Move to summer 2011 when sher says "Haven't you always liked the style of a C3 Vette..."

We worked a deal with a seller last week.

I'm thinking I'm one fortunate fella but can't help but wonder, who might have been "left alone" if I'd kept on driving that Chev van....:D

My wife has ALWAYS loved Vettes. In fact I bought a `67 convertible in 1970 to win her over.
We bought a `62 in 1987 to go for drives.
She had her own Vette since 1995.
She just bought a `11 GS Inferno Orange Convertible. Tag "VAAROOM".
PS:- She is a Master Judge for NCRS. First female in Canada.

My wife has ALWAYS loved Vettes. In fact I bought a `67 convertible in 1970 to win her over.
We bought a `62 in 1987 to go for drives.
She had her own Vette since 1995.
She just bought a `11 GS Inferno Orange Convertible. Tag "VAAROOM".
PS:- She is a Master Judge for NCRS. First female in Canada.

Congrats to her - and to you!!

VV

That is pretty awesome Bish. Now if I could only get my girlfriend to drop Mustangs and come to her senses, that would be great! (Don't anyone dare tell her this, but her car is actually very nice) One nice thing about her is that she does appreciate all nice cars regardless of the make.

That is pretty awesome Bish. Now if I could only get my girlfriend to drop Mustangs and come to her senses, that would be great! (Don't anyone dare tell her this, but her car is actually very nice) One nice thing about her is that she does appreciate all nice cars regardless of the make.

LOL, Riley, I believe a lot of us do too (even Fords- see sig):rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.