Ah . No pay no play. Does the C8 not come with a subscription of some duration included in the purchase for OnStar ?
OH, ya, I forgot. '24's are forced to pay for OnStar basic. That makes the app somewhat useful, but I haven't explored it since I don't believe OnStar has any value for it's price.

OH, ya, I forgot. '24's are forced to pay for OnStar basic. That makes the app somewhat useful, but I haven't explored it since I don't believe OnStar has any value for it's price.
Forced in the sense that it’s included in the price of the vehicle I assume. The only feature of the app I saw that might be useful as pretty well every thing else can be done with the fob would be to adjust the climate control.

Forced in the sense that it’s included in the price of the vehicle I assume. The only feature of the app I saw that might be useful as pretty well every thing else can be done with the fob would be to adjust the climate control.
Semantics. Nothing is free of course, but nobody should, for a minute, think it isn't being forced. They raised the price for the car and part of that was for OnStar. The car would be about $1000.00 less without OnStar.

Short for . No offence to any of them .
Entries in the Urban Dictionary , dating from 2014, indicate that Richard is a slang term for a man's penis (as in “Is that a phone in your pocket or is Richard happy to see me?”). Presumably this is a distinctively American usage

Looks like they removed the mandatory subscription. Can’t believe they had it to begin with. You now get three years “ connected services “ included , which is a step down from the Premium plan.
"Connected Services" according to onstar is the basic package. How is it described on Chevrolet.ca?
packages

Entries in the Urban Dictionary , dating from 2014, indicate that Richard is a slang term for a man's penis (as in “Is that a phone in your pocket or is Richard happy to see me?”). Presumably this is a distinctively American usage

But we digress. lol

Pretty much exactly that. They want to hook you into the Premium service I would guess.
Being able to turn on the air con on a hot day would be nice but you can program the climate control to do that automatically based on outside temperature already. As well as the heater . Which is a great feature.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.