They look good!!!!! If I remember 18" size???

I remember you mentioning you are going with Michelin AS tires and that's fine if that's what you want to drive on but me personally the thought of a Corvette driving on AS tires isn't my cup of tea.

Yeah I understand in cooler temps they most likely have better grip than a summer tire but getting the back end to step out the odd time is part of the fun (ALA you don't over do it) and keep all or some of the traction nannies on.

The A/S May come in handy here in the Kootenay’s….this was in September 2019
iOS Image - 1303985294.jpg
iOS Image - 718923706.jpg

Apex now has another group buy for the VS5-RS wheel. I am thinking of getting in on this one but the big problem is they will charge US NY state tax on this order + whatever you will pay to bring them back so that puts a major damper on this.

I have a possible CAN hookup for these ALA they can charge me the CAN equivalent of the sale price and get me the shipping to my door. The other issue is that our dollar has tanked huge so these will actually cost a lot more than even just a few months ago.

Not really convinced ATM I want to follow thru with another wheel order.

Did an order today for a set of VS-5RS wheels. Apex currently has a Black Friday sale (ends later tonight) with lowered US pricing but I didn't get them directly thru Apex. I found a wheel place north of Toronto offering practically the same sale prices as Apex (converted to Canadian $$$) and they also offer free shipping to my door for their sale price so no brainer I'm getting a set.

Best part is instead of having them shipped directly to my house I'm going to have them shipped to the wheel store and I get an extra 3% off the sale price so basically even better pricing than Apex's own BF sale.

Everything confirmed on a BOS along with my deposit....................ETA late January 2023, looking forward to getting them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunsmokez
I went with Anthracite as I liked the semi dark glossy look of that finish which goes well with my white ZR1 (and for sure will look fine with any other possible Vette I might pick up down the road ALA the wheel fits).

Hope you got them at a good price new. I worked out the #'s and basically what I paid was slightly less than the Apex group buy pricing at the maximum discount they would offer when they had enough people to commit to buying converted of course again to CAN$$$$ so I think I did pretty good and will be shipped up here also for my purchase price.

Did an order today for a set of VS-5RS wheels. Apex currently has a Black Friday sale (ends later tonight) with lowered US pricing but I didn't get them directly thru Apex. I found a wheel place north of Toronto offering practically the same sale prices as Apex (converted to Canadian $$$) and they also offer free shipping to my door for their sale price so no brainer I'm getting a set.

Best part is instead of having them shipped directly to my house I'm going to have them shipped to the wheel store and I get an extra 3% off the sale price so basically even better pricing than Apex's own BF sale.

Everything confirmed on a BOS along with my deposit....................ETA late January 2023, looking forward to getting them.

What was the price? Im wondering If i can afford these lol. Post some pictures of the wheels. The color you chose would be my choice as well.

Slightly over $4800 for the set. I'm doing 19x10.5" +36F and 20x12.5" +55R. Will definitely have pics once I get my set I'm curious to see how they will look on the car with my factory GM "Jake" centre caps on these wheels instead of using the Apex ones.

Are those offsets what APEX recommended or you just decided on?

If you are running OE diameter sizing on your GS those are the offsets they make on these wheels (note: F&R wheel width is 1/2" wider on these wheels vs. your OE sizing, only rear wheel is 1/2" wider from my OE setup).

If I could specify my own offsets I would make the rear wheel a bit more aggressive. I'm happy with the +36 offset of the front 19x10.5" wheel but I would make the rear wheel around +49 or +50. I currently run a 20x12.5" wide rear wheel with a +47 offset that's pretty aggressive but fits and looks awesome. I would prefer the rear 12.5" wide wheel to have a +50 offset instead of +47 or the Apex +55 in that sizing and offset.

I did wheel fitments and parts stuff at my former job for all types of vehicles so I'm quite familiar with all this stuff so I know the Apex sizing works.

Decided to check their site the other day and it looks like they are coming out (already out for some applications) with 2 new fully forged wheels designed for racing. I liked the explanation on their site about these new wheels and the YT video really shows you the difference between these new wheels and their former fully forged line.

Not that I need any more wheels but I'm curious about them and who knows???? Another set could be on the horizon. VS-5RS would be my choice.

Tony

Wow! that looks like a great wheel.
Finally some good concave after market wheels for my C7 wheels. The price isn't bad either

Just got an email earlier this aftn. My wheels showed up at the shop so tomorrow I'm heading up to check them out and bring them home if there are no issues with them (going to very carefully check the finish and sizing to make sure it is what I ordered).

They may not go on my car for a while, trying to decide what tire to run and I'm still happy with my RSR wheels currently on the car now so they stay on for now.

PIcs of the new Apex's when I get them home.

Got them home today, looks absolutely AWESOME, and I think running the Jake centre caps fit the wheels perfectly.

First 3 pics are of the 19x10.5" wheel, the last 2 are 20x12.5"

Probably tomorrow I'll take 1 of each out to the garage and do a test fit and most likely have it on video...................stay tuned.

Attachments

• IMG_20230204_180220.jpg
    IMG_20230204_180220.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230204_180233.jpg
    IMG_20230204_180233.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20230204_180248.jpg
    IMG_20230204_180248.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230204_181312.jpg
    IMG_20230204_181312.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20230204_181403.jpg
    IMG_20230204_181403.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Got them home today, looks absolutely AWESOME, and I think running the Jake centre caps fit the wheels perfectly.

Probably tomorrow I'll take 1 of each out to the garage and do a test fit and most likely have it on video...................stay tuned.
They look great.

WOW! these wheels look Awesome, I have looked at these wheels as well. I'm looking forward to your pics. The price look reasonable on there web site. If you don't mind me asking how much was the shipping to your door.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.