Decided to check their site the other day and it looks like they are coming out (already out for some applications) with 2 new fully forged wheels designed for racing. I liked the explanation on their site about these new wheels and the YT video really shows you the difference between these new wheels and their former fully forged line.

Not that I need any more wheels but I'm curious about them and who knows???? Another set could be on the horizon. VS-5RS would be my choice.

Tony

Have been checking their site out for a few months and emailing with them…yes, they have new ,lighter and stronger designs, with more on the horizon, especially for the C7 Corvette. They put a great deal of effort and research into their products , will be purchasing new rims for my C7 Grand Sport from them in the very near future. Their pricing for rims is ‘very’ acceptable!!, don’t have to remortgage house!

Coming from a guy that "LOVES" Forgeline wheels I can understand the not having to mortgage the house thing. I currently have a set of Forgelines from my 09 Z06 that I'm using on the ZR1 and also had a set of GA1R's when I had my Shelby GT500 (sold that set when I sold the car along with the Z06 to get my ZR1).

If our exchange rate was better (like in 08-09) I would be rocking another set of Forgelines which is why I'm curious about these Apex wheels.

If you do get the Sprint line Apex wheels for your GS and keeping stock tire sizes go C7 ZR1 sizing in the front (19x10.5") and 12x12.5" in the rear. The stock factory tire sizes are approved to be mounted on those wheel widths. Go the widest wheel that should be mounted on whatever size tires you are running to better support them during hard spirited/performance/race driving.

Keep us updated on which wheel you get and your views on them.

Tony

I am looking at going with the Apex SM-10 in Anthracite, fronts would be 18 by 11 ET38( so as to keep the stock front end alignment/settings )and 19 by 12.5 ET55 in the rear , combined with higher profile tires front and rear to give that extra amount of give/cushioning against cracking/splitting a rim , and it will also help to fill wheel well opening while using a smaller rim size. I think if they change anything on the SM-10 , it would be to make them stronger and lighter with bigger webbing and extra strength where needed as they did on other styles of their rims.

I currently have at least another year/cruising season left on stock wheels and tires….so will looking to replace existing in fall of 2022…or early 2023 , depending on availability/changes to rims , same with tires…would go the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4ZP(right now) , but with how the market changes ???…see what’s best and availabile at that given time.

Decided to check their site the other day and it looks like they are coming out (already out for some applications) with 2 new fully forged wheels designed for racing. I liked the explanation on their site about these new wheels and the YT video really shows you the difference between these new wheels and their former fully forged line.

Not that I need any more wheels but I'm curious about them and who knows???? Another set could be on the horizon. VS-5RS would be my choice.

Tony

I Messaged them and was quoted about $3600 shipped USD for VS-5RS 19/20 size. Not sure of the company and wheel quality.

Those VS-5-RS look Awesome!!!, I think that is a good price for what you are getting…top quality rims with a company that stands behind their products. Visit their website and do some reading, then research against other wheel/rim suppliers and ‘their’ cost 😳🙀…I’m sure you would be happy and satisfied with Apex build quality, look and design, strength and testing of their products.

Considering what you are getting with the improvements on these sprint line wheels that price is not too bad. For a Forgeline wheel for ex. if you are getting a set of those for racing with the build that their "race" wheels would have it would be at least USD$6k if not more and here is a few things:

A Forgeline wheels would not be machined to use factory center caps (not an issue when racing), that is an extra cost option.
No bead knurling (again extra cost option).
No reinforcment rib on the inside wheel lip (a Forgeline race wheel may not need this) but again anything that will help keep the wheel from bending/cracking is good, even Apex said that their wheels could even be lighter if they didn't incorporate this feature.

Is that $3600 price shipped to you or just to somewhere in the US? That is something to be accounted for especially for us Canucks. As for their warranty/exchange thing if their wheels get damaged and you get replacement for cost that is cool but in most cases that is of more benefit for USA customers than us up here in Canada. I could see it being a hassle if you need to go there but it is neat to have that as a piece of mind thing.

My stock ZR1 wheels are put away when I first got the car. I was driving on my Forgeline wheel setup and back in Sept after waiting 7+ months I got my custom set of fully forged RSR R901 wheels. They are made for track use also according to the manufacturer but I won't be using them for that. They will only be my street wheels (could even be worse than tracking them). Check the cosmetic section here there is a post about them. Nice wheels and I got them here to my door using CBP for around CAN$3700.00

It's cool the Apex wheels can use the factory centre caps and wheel nuts because shortly after I got my car in Oct. 2019 I got a set of Jake center caps and obviously I can't use them on my Forgeline or RSR wheels. Using regular size wheel nuts is good too as the RSR wheels need tuner nuts (Forgeline wheels can use factory nuts).

Last edited:
That $3600 would be shipped to Canada most likely,but I’m not the one who got the quote. I quickly checked their site , and from what I can tell the warranty for the wheels is only good if you have originally purchased the wheels from them and not a secondary vendor?(don’t know why that is). Shipping back and forth for broken wheels could be expensive and time consuming for us Canadians (eh) , be best to drop them a quick email about how this would work for us great white northerners . They also have a group buy going on for the next 5 days to pre-order the mentioned wheels, but I was unable to get anything bigger than a 18” wheel , the other sizes are not available yet(should still be able to pre-order sizes needed either way), may have to email them about that issue if wanting to get in on group buy?

Most places have free shipping in the 48 USA when you buy wheels down there. That was what I had when I bought my RSR wheels. If I wanted them shipped to my front door it was going to be another US$250 or something like that when I got the quote on ordering. I usually would just ship it to my US place for me to pick up but obviously until just last month the border was closed so why I decided to use the CBP place to get them send over to me from Niagara Falls, NY.

That replacement thing would be a hassle for us Canadians and if it is only if you buy the wheels from them directly it doesn't help us.

Considering what you are getting with the improvements on these sprint line wheels that price is not too bad. For a Forgeline wheel for ex. if you are getting a set of those for racing with the build that their "race" wheels would have it would be at least USD$6k if not more and here is a few things:

A Forgeline wheels would not be machined to use factory center caps (not an issue when racing), that is an extra cost option.
No bead knurling (again extra cost option).
No reinforcment rib on the inside wheel lip (a Forgeline race wheel may not need this) but again anything that will help keep the wheel from bending/cracking is good, even Apex said that their wheels could even be lighter if they didn't incorporate this feature.

Is that $3600 price shipped to you or just to somewhere in the US? That is something to be accounted for especially for us Canucks. As for their warranty/exchange thing if their wheels get damaged and you get replacement for cost that is cool but in most cases that is of more benefit for USA customers than us up here in Canada. I could see it being a hassle if you need to go there but it is neat to have that as a piece of mind thing.

My stock ZR1 wheels are put away when I first got the car. I was driving on my Forgeline wheel setup and back in Sept after waiting 7+ months I got my custom set of fully forged RSR R901 wheels. They are made for track use also according to the manufacturer but I won't be using them for that. They will only be my street wheels (could even be worse than tracking them). Check the cosmetic section here there is a post about them. Nice wheels and I got them here to my door using CBP for around CAN$3700.00

It's cool the Apex wheels can use the factory centre caps and wheel nuts because shortly after I got my car in Oct. 2019 I got a set of Jake center caps and obviously I can't use them on my Forgeline or RSR wheels. Using regular size wheel nuts is good too as the RSR wheels need tuner nuts (Forgeline wheels can use factory nuts).

That is Shipped within the US. It is part of a promo they are having for next shipment. Problem is border restrictions for us and the conversion, state tax, and our provincial tax , then of course duties (these are china made)

Can’t wait to see what ‘other’ options and designs are in the plans for C7 Corvette as they described in their videos that there is more to come( maybe 2023? ) The new ‘Forged Sprint ‘ line of wheels is impressive, maybe a new fully forged deeper concave stronger SM 10 into the Forged Spring Line???

Reactions: Nik
Here’s their ‘new’ Forged Sprint line, some sizes available now with more sizes to come as time goes on
iOS Image - 4225664547.png
iOS Image - 4139173018.png

So anyone purchased a set of these sprint line wheels yet?

I recently sold my set of Forgeline 3 piece wheels from my C6 Z06 (was also used for a short period on my C7 ZR1) and I'm looking at a set of these for tracking. Gotta wait till the summer for my sizing to be available. The difficult decision on the rear wheels for me.....................stick with 20's or go down to 19 sizing (both 12.5" wide)?

Attachments

• IMG_20191001_192100.jpg
    IMG_20191001_192100.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 32
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.