19C7GS

Casual User
Jan 14, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2019 GS
Province
ON
Just purchased Apex EC-7RS rims, 18x11 front, 19x12.5 rear.

Anyone ever run 325/30-19 in the rear? If so which brand and did the rim lip stick out badly? I know they fit just barely but wondering how bad it looks.

I'm trying to get away with running all-season tires and 335+ tires don't exist.

I found fronts 295/35/18 for the 11 inch rims which is more than fine but those rears worry me.

Yep, did 325/30/19 PS4S on 12.5" wide wheel (Forgeline).

Looks good and no problems at all. I know 325/30/19 is listed to be mounted on a 12" max wide wheel.

I'll find a pic or two and edit this post with them.

Video: near the 4 mins mark

Attachments

• IMG_20191230_194320.jpg
    IMG_20191230_194320.jpg
    990.3 KB · Views: 67
Yep, did 325/30/19 PS4S on 12.5" wide wheel (Forgeline).

Looks good and no problems at all. I know 325/30/19 is listed to be mounted on a 12" max wide wheel.

I'll find a pic or two and edit this post with them.
Do you know if Michelin tends to run that tire wider than it claims? As opposed to something like Toyo?

I purchased the Apex Forged VS-5RS in the same sizes as you have done , I too was concerned about tire fitment on the rear as websites very with their stand on fitment , I talked with Tirerack etc and got conflicting answers , when checking Apex website with C7 Corvette fitment with rim and tire combinations , people are running said size without issues , I even phoned Apex on this size/fitment issue….they told me they numerous calls on this very issue ‘alot’ , they assured me there is no issues with running a 325/30-19 tire on a 12.5” rim. I will be running Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 ZP275/35-18 on the front with 325/30-19 outback. On the’look’👀 issue , I am not sure if rim will protrude from tire ??.

You will be fine, my pic and videos of my Forgeline wheel shows exactly how the tire will fit on the wheel.

The Apex rear wheel is actually quite conservative when it comes to what offset they go with. I can't remember the offset of my Forgelines but it is slightly more aggressive (I have specs at home and I can post it up later when I'm there). My rear RSR wheel is very aggressive with a +47mm offset on a 20x12.5" wheel and fits no problem.

Tony

Checked my rear Forgeline wheel specs that I had written down before I sold them. They are a 19x12.5" +52. The Apex 19x12.5" wheel is a +55 offset. Basically if you could overlap them on your car they are very close as illustrated in this site I use when I spec wheels:

Compared to the factory 20x12" rear wheel here is what the Apex wheel will look like:

The Apex wheel to my RSR wheel:

Another better picture below:

Attachments

• IMG_20190724_145234 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20190724_145234 - Copy.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Thanks guys, went with some all-season Toyo's. Hopefully they fit fine, I'll report back for future reference when everything arrives.

I purchased the Apex Forged VS-5RS in the same sizes as you have done , I too was concerned about tire fitment on the rear as websites very with their stand on fitment , I talked with Tirerack etc and got conflicting answers , when checking Apex website with C7 Corvette fitment with rim and tire combinations , people are running said size without issues , I even phoned Apex on this size/fitment issue….they told me they numerous calls on this very issue ‘alot’ , they assured me there is no issues with running a 325/30-19 tire on a 12.5” rim. I will be running Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 ZP275/35-18 on the front with 325/30-19 outback. On the’look’👀 issue , I am not sure if rim will protrude from tire ??.
Well there goes my plan. Toyo tires are completely out of stock everywhere. Must be going out of business or something.

Had to opt for Michelin A/S 4s as well. But now I might face another issue. The rears are run-flat but the fronts aren't.

285/35/18 only exists in non-RF and 325/30/19 only exists in RF, thanks Michelin... Didn't want to drop down to 275 for the run-flat variant + I couldn't find it near me. So now I'll have stiffer tires on the rear, gonna watch those corners at high speeds, I don't track the car so it should be fine. Michelin advises against this obviously since one side will give out before the other when pushing the car but whatever. Classic muscle car characteristics. Goddamn tire shortage.

I've read that running RF and non RF on the same car is a no no:

All 4 should either be RF or non not 2 of 1 type and 2 the other, maybe find another tire brand that has the proper sizes you need?

I've read that running RF and non RF on the same car is a no no:

All 4 should either be RF or non not 2 of 1 type and 2 the other, maybe find another tire brand that has the proper sizes you need?
There's nothing else unfortunately, not unless I want to wait several months. I'll see how it goes, not too worried about it.

I am buying my tires out of the USA….no tire shortage down there like here , when to Kal Tire here in Canada and because I live in a small town , they said to go to Kelowna,B.C. is your best bet as we can’t change or mount the tires here , oh and they said if I order tires now …..I may receive them in August or maybe September or later😳! I can go pick up my Michelin tires with a 1 day notice 😁👍 across the line , only problem is my rims are delayed due to co-vid , manpower shortages, shipping delays ( just another reason to raise prices and be as rich as the gas companies 💵💵💵💵

Tires arrived quickly. Had to get them from 2 separate places. My new TPMS sensors are also here. Now the waiting game begins for the rims. I was told 4 weeks a week ago, hope there aren't any delays.

Sprint-Lip-Comparison-1200.jpg

I'm so excited, if the rims still crack after that gorgeous lip design I will personally take the car to GM's headquarters, quarter it, and shove it up their behinds. I hope to never deal with this mess again.

Hey 19C7GS , which rims and finish did you choose ?
EC-7RS in Anthracite, 18 and 19 inch with beefier tires to keep the ratio similar to stock so the TC doesn't complain (and to prevent cracking fingers crossed). I would've gone black VS-5RS since they look similar to OEM but wanted to try something new.

Got them from wheelsco.ca, they said they had them in stock (Apex does since they dont' actually stock it themselves) and it would take 4 weeks. Hope they weren't lying.

The only thing that is slightly concerning is the load rating. The math is pretty complicated but the general rule is car weight / 2 should be the minimum per rim. Which in our case is 1750lbs, but the rims are rated for 1600lbs each. Probably about 1000lbs more than the trash OEM rims but who knows, Forgeline rims are like +1900lbs so it made me question it a bit. Cray forged rims are like 1250lbs so I decided against those.

I think we will be ‘safe’ with our choice of Apex wheels , since a lot of people ‘track use’ them they will more than sufficient for street use. Last year I was going to purchase Apex SM-10 in Anthracite, but changed when the ForgedLine came out👍 , please some pictures when you get them on your ride 🏎 , nice choice , can’t wait to see them👀

They came in like a week ago. I've driven with them for a bit now, even over the bad roads that cracked my OEM wheels several times now and no issue. The car rides smoother and some bumps aren't noticeable anymore. Also there is 0 issue with running run-flats in the back and non-run-flats in the front. The car handles better than it ever did on my Bridgestone run-flats.

The tires do look a bit stretched, especially the fronts, but it doesn't seem to be an issue and actually looks good. I took corners at high speeds and did a few hard pulls, the tires grip really well.

That inner lip is literally double the size of the OEM one and actually protrudes out like a lip should. Hopefully the wheel issues stop here.

(Also those TPMS sensors worked fine, they got picked up within 5 minutes by the car)

PXL_20220626_134313101-min.jpg

PXL_20220626_134323836.MP-min.jpg

PXL_20220624_094403485-min.jpg
PXL_20220626_134257798-min.jpg
PXL_20220626_134248463-min.jpg
PXL_20220624_095020734-min.jpg
PXL_20220624_095006887-min.jpg
PXL_20220622_201256371-min.jpg

Reactions: henkz06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread