Arun, what tire combos are you working with? Are you going to go with some sort of drag radial, full slicks, some sort of road race tire or really gummy street tire for the rears? I just wondered since top speed stability will be any issue compared to 1/4mile drag racing.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Arun, what tire combos are you working with? Are you going to go with some sort of drag radial, full slicks, some sort of road race tire or really gummy street tire for the rears? I just wondered since top speed stability will be any issue compared to 1/4mile drag racing.

That's a real good question.

Slicks IMHO are not good for an event like this because of the way they "grow".

I have 3 different sets of drag radials, 2 sets are on 15's and one on 19's.

On the 15's I have a set of Mickey Thompsan 275's pro-they're a 275/60/15-which has the grip of a slick and stability of a radial. This tire is taken the drag racing world by storm.

Next is a set of M&H drag radials in a size fo 325/50/15's-they're more a "street" drag radial-and they work real well too.

Last set will be some Nitto drag radials mounted on 345/30/19's.

The 15's should offer the most grip off the line-but the 19's will offer the most stability.

So I'll have to make a few runs to see what tire I feel most comfortable with.

Nice! It'll be interesting to see which ones work the best for this application. Now with all these tire sizes, are they still keeoing the same aspect ratio as your oem size? I know that going up/down( and even some widths) in sidewall height can throw off gear ratios.

Nice! It'll be interesting to see which ones work the best for this application. Now with all these tire sizes, are they still keeoing the same aspect ratio as your oem size? I know that going up/down( and even some widths) in sidewall height can throw off gear ratios.

The 275's are 28.2" and the 325's are 28", the 345's are around 27". I do have to adjust the pcm for the tire so the tranny shifts where it's supposed to.

Oh, okay. At least they're pretty close. Matching your shift points would be critical. Can't wait to see your car in action.:thumbup::cool: Let me know if you need my GoPro cameras for in car and out of car videos.

Hotel is booked.:thumbup::) I was on the site looking for pre registration and it was closed. I'm not sure if that means that they are all booked up or it was just unavailable at this time.:confused:

I'm still debating on whether to run this event or not. Part of me wants to and the other is reluctant. Manny just installed a FAST intake manifold, 90mm tb and my LG longtubes just came in. I'd be relatively mild compared to what will be there.

I'm still debating on whether to run this event or not. Part of me wants to and the other is reluctant. Manny just installed a FAST intake manifold, 90mm tb and my LG longtubes just came in. I'd be relatively mild compared to what will be there.

Remember buddy, its not about how fast you go, its all about having fun!

I was hoping to run , but as I have a convertible and no cage , and not intention on add one ....guess its Pit Chief Duty for me :D

Sounds good. Do you need me to bring any tools? I have a foldable car sized awning I can bring to provide shelter from the sun. We can set it up as a homebase/ pit area.

Sounds good. Do you need me to bring any tools? I have a foldable car sized awning I can bring to provide shelter from the sun. We can set it up as a homebase/ pit area.

I have my Corvette tent which will be there along with a good assortment of tools

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.