Arun

Dec 16, 2012
Waterloo
VetteCoins
Car
2002 Z06
Check this out!

wannaGOFAST - High-Speed Racing - Home

This event is open to anyone who wants to wind out there Corvette like it's meant to be wound out.

The event is June 1st and 2nd in Chicago. Event registration starts Jan 4 and is limited to 150 cars per day.

Myself and few local cars will be attending and racing.

It will be a cool event to cruise down to and watch, and even better race! The more merrier I find!

There is going to be alot cars from mild to wild with exotics and lots of American Muscle.

But be warned-these kind of events will lead to the "mod" bug real fast!

Last edited:
That'd be a great cruise......I haven't been to the Windy City for about 4 yrs, last time there on business I found some great blues clubs among other things, Dan Aykroyd has one "up town" and Buddy Guy has one "downtown" lol......I used to truck through there regularly back in the 70's as well........
50/50 we'll be in for the cruise......sounds like a good time!
[mob][/mob]

Sounds awesome! I basically have the month of June off so the timing would be perfect. Post details on hotels/group discounts, etc. Leeann and I were just talking the other day about doing a trip to Chicago. This would be a perfect compromise...cars amd speed for me and some sightseeing for her.:thumbup::beer::cool:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Sounds awesome! I basically have the month of June off so the timing would be perfect. Post details on hotels/group discounts, etc. Leeann and I were just talking the other day about doing a trip to Chicago. This would be a perfect compromise...cars amd speed for me and some sightseeing for her.:thumbup::beer::cool:

I think this idea Justin may work for me too with Cheri:D

I will get the details as to where were booked to stay. I beleive it's a Best Western.

So far I think my plan is to leave on Thursday and arrive sometime Thursday Evening.

The Friday we can sleep in and relax and check out the facilities. Alot of my US friends will be there as well.

Saturday is the day of the event. I'm pretty sure our plans is to run on Saturday-although the racing is open for Saturday and Sunday.

There are supposed to be some very HEAVY HITTERS coming to this event. Some 1900 WHP GTR's and some Underground Lambo's and Vipers.

Anyone can enter-just go to the website for details. Registration is supposed to open up on Jan 4th and should fill up very quickly.

We can probably all meet up at DasilvaMotorsports and use that as a meeting point.

It's great to see all the interest in this! It's going to be great to meet everyone and have your support!

:canada:

That's great! *Registration should open up towards the end of next week.
Kind Regards,
Blake Hutchison
(850) 585-5168 On Jan 3, 2013, at 7:45 PM,
This is an email I got back from wannaGOFAST.com
Will wait for some details Arun if you are putting something together
[mob][/mob]

Just got the info from Frank, this is the hotel he booked for us.

It's minutes from the runway

BEST WESTERN Monee Inn
5815 W Monee-Manhattan Road
Monee , Illinois
60449-9597, United States
Phone: 708/534-3500

Some pics:

333423_461635003899742_1466127144_o.jpg

DSC_8070.jpg

DSC_7846.jpg

DSC_8072.jpg

DSC_7849.jpg

DSC_7928.jpg

DSC_7972.jpg

DSC_7986.jpg

DSC_8029.jpg

DSC_8043.jpg

Check it out! There is a C7 racing a C6 at the 1:07 mark in the video! ...wait, what was that? What do you mean it's a Camaro? It looks like the C7 from the back!:rofl:

Those are some awesome pictures Arun!

Great pics! :thumbup::cool: Arun, what mph are you attempting to hit? I'm assuming that you'll be tweaking your car for top end power.

My goal is to hit 185-190.

First time ever doing this so there will be a learning curve.

Car will be geared different than the quarter mile for sure. I plan on only using 2 gears, the first gear will get to me to 120mph and then second gear will get me to 200.

The gears and which ones I will be using is a secret-my method is unconventional but it has been proven to work for big power cars.

We'll be bringing down a few different sets of tires as well to see which tire offers the most grip and stability down track. We will also have to tweak with different shock settings too to get the most plant off the line and then keep the nose down up top.

So many things to consider.

It's going to be alot fun!

Thanks Arun for the pics this has me sold for sure I think my wife and i will roll down on friday and hit the track for saturday and then sunday some site seeing. I hope we will have an oppurtunity to get some of these really great photo shots :coolgleam: of all the sweet cars that will be on the airstrip

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.