Wicked!!! Be fun to talk a little shop (maybe a little smack too lol). I was at the montreal race in 2005. Last year if the v-10 engines. What a sound! My whole family is addicted.

Well I'm Italian so of course I cheer for the red machine but I am excited about the coming season and happy to see MS back. Now that Mercedes has started to pull away from Mclaren, I even don't mind them so much :).
[mob][/mob]

Wicked!!! Be fun to talk a little shop (maybe a little smack too lol). I was at the montreal race in 2005. Last year if the v-10 engines. What a sound! My whole family is addicted.

Well I'm Italian so of course I cheer for the red machine but I am excited about the coming season and happy to see MS back. Now that Mercedes has started to pull away from Mclaren, I even don't mind them so much :).
[mob][/mob]

It is lining up to be one of the most promising seasons,
I think Schumi's return with Mercedes will spark a whole new scenario in F1.... and now that the cars cannot re-fuel during the race, it will come down to a good qualifying and overtaking on the course!!!

I agree.. I regret that Ferrari wasn't allowed to provide him the third car but I feel that with Alonso behind the wheel that we really do have the best pilot in F1 today. That being said... if MS has lost .3 of a second per lap from when he retired due to age, he might still be the fastest there is!!!

There's no arguing that the combo of Brawn and MS has proven formidable in the past.

I too am looking forward to getting rid of the fueling. It will ensure that driving style also comes in to play. Smoother drivers with better throttle control will surely get better mileage throughout the race and this may also come into play with how much fuel is required to be put in the car. Qualifying will again be an all out, low fuel, pure speed shoot out as well. No more of the situation whereby the 3rd session times are slower than the 2nd session. I thought that was pretty stupid.

I agree.. I regret that Ferrari wasn't allowed to provide him the third car but I feel that with Alonso behind the wheel that we
I too am looking forward to getting rid of the fueling. It will ensure that driving style also comes in to play. Smoother drivers with better throttle control will surely get better mileage throughout the race and this may also come into play with how much fuel is required to be put in the car. Qualifying will again be an all out, low fuel, pure speed shoot out as well. No more of the situation whereby the 3rd session times are slower than the 2nd session. I thought that was pretty stupid.

It will be real racing indeed. About Alonso being the best pilot out there....well, we are starting with the controversies right off the bat! LOL

I also think that Vettel is going to be great. Whether or not he wins a championship will depend of course on the car. Adrian Newey has a proven record of designing winning cars but last year the renault engine let them down big time in terms of bot power and reliability. This was also after the FIA lifted the freeze on engine design changes especially for them because they were already so far behind everyone else. Interesting counterpoint to that however is that the engine is believed to be very fuel efficient so it will remain to be seen if the difference in fuel economy equates to a performance advantage due to the car being able to carry less weight in the car from the onset of the race!
[mob][/mob]

Any predictions for the following season?

1. World Driver's Champ?
2. Constructors Champ?
3. Biggest improvement?
4. Biggest disappointment?
5. Driver with the most DNF's?
6. How many times will someone run out of gas? (my new fave!!)

1. World Driver's Champ? Schumacher
2. Constructors Champ? Mercedes or McLaren
3. Biggest improvement? Nico Rosberg
4. Biggest disappointment? Williams
5. Driver with the most DNF's? someone using a Cosworth engine
6. How many times will someone run out of gas? (my new fave!!)
1 per race average

Well, here's my prediction :)

1. World Driver's Champ? Alonso
2. Constructors Champ? Mclaren
3. Biggest improvement? Kobayashi
4. Biggest disappointment? Button
5. Driver with the most DNF's? Coulthard is gone now so... LOL anyone driving the USF1 car (they're a newcomer that is the only one designing their own gear box, it's February and it hasn't proven to change a gear yet!!)
6. How many times will someone run out of gas? (my new fave!!) I'd say none... for now...

Well I have to re-do my prediction for the most DNF's actually... USF1 was SOOO bad that they didn't even get a car LOL Peter Windsor was nothing but a mouth piece that the SPEED network should have paid to keep quiet... arrogant!!! I think he only did this because he wanted the attention.

My new DNF prediction is the newly crowned Hispania team :D

Well I have to re-do my prediction for the most DNF's actually... USF1 was SOOO bad that they didn't even get a car LOL Peter Windsor was nothing but a mouth piece that the SPEED network should have paid to keep quiet... arrogant!!! I think he only did this because he wanted the attention.

My new DNF prediction is the newly crowned Hispania team :D

Indeed....did you see the pictures of their official unveiling of the car? looked pretty sad...

You have to admire the effort... but dont go to war if you dont have the weapons..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread