Jan 23, 2015
VetteCoins
Curious if any of my fellow Canadian C8 owners have had their 3 LT dash leather bubble up?

It seems like this issue could be related to vehicle location. I often check and it seems like the owners are in warmer climate areas like Florida, Texas, Louisiana etc. So I thought I would ask and see if anyone in the Great White North has experienced their dash bubbling.

Thinking I will toss a sunshade on my dash for this summer, to maybe help ward off any future issues.

I would imagine this is a production issue with the supplier on only a few defects. The complaints would be far more widespread if there was a major issue with 3LT trim packages.

3LT USA VIN Stingray only
2024 = 2400 to date
2023 = 11967
2022 = 9315
2021 = 9203
2020 = 7880

Yeah I found the Alcantara steering wheel and where I rested my left elbow on the door wore poorly
Also keep in mine, I believe CamsC8 is a 70th Anniversary Edition which is nice with wall to wall Alcantara or almost all interior surfaces covered in it.

Regular 3LT without the suede upgrade does not have Alcantara in the high wear/pressure areas and will not suffer from the same "Alcantara Crush" as I like to call it.
The reason I opted out of the suede wheel upgrade package which adds Alcantara to the mode knob/drive mode selector/cup holder areas. I know from experience that this would be an issue even if you wear gloves and keep brushing the fibres.
But man does it sure look nice when new.

Reactions: Movie Muscle
Thinking I will toss a sunshade on my dash for this summer, to maybe help ward off any future issues.
I was looking yesterday at this option as well and trying to find one shade that would work and fit properly is not such an easy task. It was my intention this year to drive my car to the golf course. Up until now I have been taking my wife's 2002 T Bird and parking it out in the sun, however I was informed that this just might not be the case this summer as she plans to actually drive it in 2024. Any ideas on what shades one should be looking at? obviously there are many options but as I read many reviews it appeared to be fitment issues with most thus far? Anyone care to offer advice I am looking to purchase fairly soon. Thanks

I was looking yesterday at this option as well and trying to find one shade that would work and fit properly is not such an easy task. It was my intention this year to drive my car to the golf course. Up until now I have been taking my wife's 2002 T Bird and parking it out in the sun, however I was informed that this just might not be the case this summer as she plans to actually drive it in 2024. Any ideas on what shades one should be looking at? obviously there are many options but as I read many reviews it appeared to be fitment issues with most thus far? Anyone care to offer advice I am looking to purchase fairly soon. Thanks
Ya, my advice is a 2LT! ;)

Not sure where you are located but I have a chance to purchase 2 new C8 shades for a discounted price. I can try the fit on mine and ship you the other if interested.

I would imagine this is a production issue with the supplier on only a few defects. The complaints would be far more widespread if there was a major issue with 3LT trim packages.

3LT USA VIN Stingray only
2024 = 2400 to date
2023 = 11967
2022 = 9315
2021 = 9203
2020 = 7880
There have been a reasonable amount of complaints actually. It has been an issue since the C6 generation. A quick Google will show quite a lot on the subject. I actually found this interesting comment the other day. Which also pokes a hole in my climate theory.

"Common 3LT problem...Heat is not the problem it's poor adhesion...I've seen a 3LT on the showroom floor with only 3 miles showing the same problem..."

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.