Santa Fe at Merced, California

I just missed a great opportunity at 05:10 to capture the Rocky Mountaineer train as it was leaving Calgary for Banff. According to their website the journey begins in Banff and/or Lake Louise and not Calgary this year.

I guess that explains why there wasn’t a single person on it aside from the crew having a meeting in one of the cars.

Its going to require a very early morning departure to Morants Curve to photograph/video this puppy when the time comes. Very early !

Saw the "VIA Canadian" yesterday in Washago, Ontario at noon yesterday. If the schedule is still the same that means it was running at least 12 hours late or maybe 36 who knows its a train!

Surprised at how shabby the equipment looked. The consist was about 22 cars long hauled with tow locos. Lots of people on board.

Saw the "VIA Canadian" yesterday in Washago, Ontario at noon yesterday. If the schedule is still the same that means it was running at least 12 hours late or maybe 36 who knows its a train!

Surprised at how shabby the equipment looked. The consist was about 22 cars long hauled with tow locos. Lots of people on board.
I agree on how beat up those VIA rail cars look. Sad really that rail travel is waning nowadays. In Canada anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
I’m going to ask my buddy if he knows where this might be sitting. Guessing by the path worn alongside,it gets regular visitors. Not enough background to hazard a guess though.

And here I thought by some of your great scenery and history posts that you knew every tree west of Calgary Mike.... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread