Jan 23, 2017
Bobcaygeon
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Corvette
Province
ON
I was thinking since my car arrived early and I did not end up with Front soft close Frunk ( another story ), has anyone moved the front bumper logo to their Frunk thus using it to do the secondary close instead of pushing down on the hood and whipping off marks everytime? Curious as to what others do to avoid marks every time? Will it sit there flat as if it should have been there in the first place, or it this truly not required since there is an easy way to close it without leaving marks?

frunk logo move.PNG

Last edited:
"I use my palm and don't give a rats ass if it leaves a mark! LOL"

I tried using a rat's ass but it leaves a skid mark. I just wash my hands once in a while.

Last edited:
I was thinking since my car arrived early and I did not end up with Front soft close Frunk ( another story ), has anyone moved the front bumper logo to their Frunk thus using it to do the secondary close instead of pushing down on the hood and whipping off marks everytime? Curious as to what others do to avoid marks every time? Will it sit there flat as if it should have been there in the first place, or it this truly not required since there is an easy way to close it without leaving marks?

View attachment 112076
Im guessing if your anything like me ... and if you are ... im sorry

You'll then just be polishing the emblem ... please dont ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Murray20c8

View attachment 112076
Keep a korean microfiber towel in the car the rag should be 500 GSM use that to close the front trunk youll never leave a mark and a plush towel like that will not scratch the clear coat as long as the car is not dirty . Available on Amazon 8x8 would be perfect .
I ordered several in different colors ... after a wash I detail polish and buff using those rags and Wolfgang detail spray . Car comes out immaculate.
Sold by The Rag Company . If you try them you'll never use anything else on the surface of your C8 . Always keep in mind that GM clear coat is VERY soft .

Which brings me back to the 2024 "soft close" frunk rumour.
Say it's so, Joe, say it's so.

I am having the front bumper , headlights and the frunk PPF coated. This should help with leaving marks. The expel ultimate is self healing high gloss PPF. This way I can do as suggested keep a Micro handy close and wipe if needed. Thanks for ideas and options. Reality is I won't drive this much. To the golf course, maybe the odd Sunday morning drive. I live in the kawarthas and summertime means 8 million cottage'rs all in a hurry hauling boats or motorcycles all in a hurry! Spring after salt and sand is gone, and fall after weekenders are gone, and the odd Tuesday or Wednesday run will be ideal. I'm sure it's no different for most of you. I don't daily drive so I can choose the best weather and days to enjoy. yes... off to buy a lottery ticket, luck is on my side this week... lol

Reactions: Vettenut
If there was a Poll … I’d vote NOT to move it.
Most all carry a cloth in our C-Gen for this very reason.

Besides … it’s always more tolerable to have the hand-print of the C8 owner on the Front than to have this hand-print on the Back. JMO 😎
IMG_0659.jpeg

Reactions: Cannonball Rally

View attachment 112076

I vote do it and post pics for our entertainment. Sorry, I meant enjoyment...

View attachment 112076
to each his own....but what a Stupid idea!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Jack Raccoon!
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread