HLN A55

High RPM Poster
Jan 27, 2009
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
So I ALMOST had my car back and THEN the found out that the car was popping out of second gear AFTER the rebuild... the tranny is now back out of the car and the tranny guy is stumped. By his inspection, there was nothing wrong with second to begin with and he can't figure out what the issue is. He's talking with Tremec about the problem and I think he's ordered a new second gear and synchro but really only as a "don't know what else it could be" path forward.

Does anyone have any carnal knowledge of these t56's that might help? it popped out with both the short shifter AND the factory shifter so that wasn't the issue.

He said he noticed that second gear doesn't have as much taper to it in comparison to the rest of the gears which is supposed to help suck the gear in tight but there doesn't seem to be any wear on it either...

Any help would be appreciated!!

Tony

Your guy is right. Jumping out of gear has nothing to do with shifter, but is held in place by the taper on the gear and the shift collar. Although I have never worked on a Tremec tranny, I have rebuilt a few manual trannys. I would recommend replacing the gear and the shift coller.
Wadew