HLN A55

High RPM Poster
Jan 27, 2009
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
probably an age old discussion when it comes to forums but anyone have any ideas on how to encourage people to contribute?

We're up over 120 members now!!! This is a social place!! If anyone just wanted to read all the content, they could have simply logged on as a guest I suppose so the question is... how do you encourage someone that goes through the registration process to also become involved???

i would say....let them post as guests. limited use only...this way then can interact and see that this forum is well on its way to been the only place for canadian vette owners to be at!!!!:canada:

You know what guys unfortunately there is no way! Its the whole lead a horse to water thing, some people just are not comfortable or don't have anything to say. We have guys in Saskatoon who drive around our meetings sometimes they come into the parking lot but will not come out and socialize??

Each to there own I guess.

Brent

well, i guess missed understood the post. i thought a lurker is someone that is not registered. so to answer to this post properly....i agree with brent. sometimes the level on know how is limited and people feel insecure. it also took me a while to start posting when i first found these forums!!!

well, i guess missed understood the post. i thought a lurker is someone that is not registered. so to answer to this post properly....i agree with brent. sometimes the level on know how is limited and people feel insecure. it also took me a while to start posting when i first found these forums!!!

Man I miss those days... is there any way i can get you to go back to those times?!?!?!?:rofl::rofl:

Brent

how about a poll for users over 3 months on the site to vote for the most valued new comer... prizes awarded accordingly??? could be based on posts, new threads, contribution in general to the site?

Winner gets CCF paraphenilia (yeeesh been a long time since I had to spell THAT) LOL

I can't really say much. On a CF that we do not mention here I was pretty much a lurker. Only posted once in a while. I had a great time soaking up information, but never felt as involved as I do here.

T

how many pics of Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan got thrown up? :rofl:

In all honesty, maybe that would work... it's not like I know. Just trying to see what people think. I was hoping that this THREAD might start people off but that hasn't worked either :confused::banghead:

"Wall of Fame" ?
I didn't post much on the othe site until we got serious looking for a Vette. Found the non-club at Chapters/Sherway and met Sierra, Pat, Lauri, Mark and a whole bunch more.

Found that there were no bad questions...and asked them all.

Regrets? Not knowing western participants so well. But I will. (Was born in Victoria; Father was born in Edmonton; Mother was born in Winnipeg) Somehow I'm happily stuck in the east, but need to travel west more.

So "wall of fame" perhaps to introduce people in afreindly way, so that lurkers might feel more at home.

BTW 06 coupe is gone: dealer didn't disclose that it was a US buy back--GM lemon car imported and sold at a Cdn GM dealer. When we found out we had the dealer buy it back. So I'm back looking for a Vette again.

Posting Virgins... they'll eventually come around

With each passing day the "lurkers" can read that we are indeed gentle folk. To date I'm not aware of any threads or posts containing put-downs, or name-calling, or insults. So members who are hesitant to make a post should be reassured that nobody is waiting to bite their head off. :coolgleam:
Members of this forum posses a wide range of skills, knowledge, interests, and curiosity. No one is too knowledgeable nor too ignorant to participate. We are all here to assist and inform each other and exercise our shared obsession with cars, sex, and rock & roll (is there really anything more?), and our shared hatred of cold and snow.
:swear:
So come on in, you hesitant ones, and ask or tell whatever is on your mind!
:seeya:

With each passing day the "lurkers" can read that we are indeed gentle folk. To date I'm not aware of any threads or posts containing put-downs, or name-calling, or insults. So members who are hesitant to make a post should be reassured that nobody is waiting to bite their head off. :coolgleam:
Members of this forum posses a wide range of skills, knowledge, interests, and curiosity. No one is too knowledgeable nor too ignorant to participate. We are all here to assist and inform each other and exercise our shared obsession with cars, sex, and rock & roll (is there really anything more?), and our shared hatred of cold and snow.
:swear:
So come on in, you hesitant ones, and ask or tell whatever is on your mind!
:seeya:

So I guess you missed that whole PC/Windows bashing thing on your "Premature Logout" thread then?

Bashing??? Hardly!!!! Just statement of fact... bashing is the expression of someone's opinion more than fact. If by reading that thread you thought someone was bashing Windows, then you must have concluded as well that Windows is in itself in an issue!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.