Veteeple

Casual User
Feb 24, 2018
Bradford, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2006 3LT
Question - my 2006 C6 3LTcame with Nav and CD, but I don't believe any headphone jack or USB port available for a BT receiver to enable streaming music through the Bose surround sound. Is there any easy aftermarket solutions available to allow music streaming from an iPhone? Jim

I've had an i-Pod for a few years with all my music on it. I play the music through an FM adapter that plugs into the lighter. All you need is an AM-FM radio in your car. Sounds fine in our Corvette Bose system too. With all the road noise, a person wouldn't know if they had a quality sound system or not. I generally don't play music unless the car is sitting still as when washing or cleaning the car up. Quite enjoyable then.

There is an actual adapter that plugs into the back of the radio with a plug in lead to the arm rest. Dennis at DD Mods in the US used to sell them before he moved on. I will find it but it will take some searching.

I have a plug in one as well but in built up areas it is tough to find an empty FM station. I still use my CD play a lot.

Check this website out, it describes many options. C6 Corvette Modifications. I contacted the author last year and had lots of discussion with him. In the end I purchased the I-Simple Connect model ISGM655, but I haven't installed yet, It is a little more complex to install as it requires the stereo to be removed to install to existing connections and route wires. It gives you bluetooth, a microphone, a full function USB connection to the stereo, the USB port can be installed in the console like the newer models, as well as a headphone style 3mm connection and RCA connections for those style of devices. The best option to stay stock is to install a unit from a newer model vette, and this website provides the information that a GM dealer needs to make some necessary program mods quickly. So when done, I can connect my iPod classic and phone into the USB, charge it and control it from the head unit.

I found the best price for this an Amazon.ca at the time. It was approx $150, but I think I found a lucky price at the time. Hope this helps

Question - my 2006 C6 3LTcame with Nav and CD, but I don't believe any headphone jack or USB port available for a BT receiver to enable streaming music through the Bose surround sound. Is there any easy aftermarket solutions available to allow music streaming from an iPhone? Jim

I would not make anything permanent to your Bose system....not meant to be tweaked I believe..ie leave well enough alone.

I just bought a 2007 Vert a few weeks ago, and last week installed the Kinivo BTC480 which I bought on Amazon.ca for $35 and plugged it into an Aux port that I wired into my XM receiver with an extremely easy to install interface that was pre-built from: Corvette Aux Input.

Super-easy to do and works like a charm!!

PM me if you want any more info.

I have a 2006 with Nav system. I also wanted to use an I-Phone or I-Pod for music. Ray Kawal makes all the adapters for different scenarios at a very reasonable cost, and does ship to Canada.
The aux-3 harness + that I got from him has the aux jack for phone plug in, and the Nav Speed signal bypass for inputting destinations while the car is moving (by a co-pilot) of course.
When the I-phone is plugged in, it automatically cuts out whatever is being used on Nav Radio/CD/XM and starts to play from the I-phone. I also have bluetooth connector-Kinivo BTC480 as per the above post.
His website has all the info needed. google C6 Corvette Modifications-Ray Kawal

I have a 2008 with Nav and wanted to have bluetooth connection for my phone while still retaining all of the stock features. So what I did was install a newer steering wheel from a Centennial Edition C6 that had the phone buttons on the left side, (These buttons are already wired into the steering column harness with the existing connections, so it's just plug and play) Then I found on ebay an OnStar Control Module from a 2013 ZR1, This replaced my existing Onstar module in the rear passenger side location of the car. From 2009 on up the c6 has Bluetooth, so as long as the module has the Bluetooth logo. and same connectors it should work. Only thing is that the Onstar module will still have the vin associated with the donor car, but I'm not concerned with that, since I'm not using OnStar. 2 cables and associated wiring harness plugs on the original module, the replacement module from the ZR1 has a Bluetooth antenna, and 1 cable connection. The 2nd cable connection from what I understand is for the Onstar gps. so I just left it unplugged. I had to make a simple bracket to mount the module since It didn't have the bracket cast into the housing. Just used some aluminum strapping. Here's 3 pics. 1 of the steering wheel, 1 of the back of the 2 modules and 1 of the front of the 2 modules showing the original part number and the part number for the ZR1 module. Great thing is that the display on the dash shows the incoming phone number and all of the associated info. that the newer car would show. Radio also shows all of the info and the volume of the radio turns down. It's essentially upgraded to a newer system. Even the onstar light on the rearview mirror has stayed green, some internet comments said that it would go red. Anyways. for approx. $500 and an afternoon. My car has been updated to an OEM handsfree set up. Next step is to find a newer nav radio with the usb connection. Then my phone can play music through the nav unit. But I'd rather have the windows down and listen to the car, so that's not a priority for me right now. But the hands free is definitely the way to go when it comes to cell phones.

Attachments

• 20170915_223650_resized.jpg
    20170915_223650_resized.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 20171012_205811_resized.jpg
    20171012_205811_resized.jpg
    643.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 20171012_205821_resized.jpg
    20171012_205821_resized.jpg
    712.1 KB · Views: 71
I have a 2008 with Nav and wanted to have bluetooth connection for my phone while still retaining all of the stock features. So what I did was install a newer steering wheel from a Centennial Edition C6 that had the phone buttons on the left side, (These buttons are already wired into the steering column harness with the existing connections, so it's just plug and play) Then I found on ebay an OnStar Control Module from a 2013 ZR1, This replaced my existing Onstar module in the rear passenger side location of the car. From 2009 on up the c6 has Bluetooth, so as long as the module has the Bluetooth logo. and same connectors it should work. Only thing is that the Onstar module will still have the vin associated with the donor car, but I'm not concerned with that, since I'm not using OnStar. 2 cables and associated wiring harness plugs on the original module, the replacement module from the ZR1 has a Bluetooth antenna, and 1 cable connection. The 2nd cable connection from what I understand is for the Onstar gps. so I just left it unplugged. I had to make a simple bracket to mount the module since It didn't have the bracket cast into the housing. Just used some aluminum strapping. Here's 3 pics. 1 of the steering wheel, 1 of the back of the 2 modules and 1 of the front of the 2 modules showing the original part number and the part number for the ZR1 module. Great thing is that the display on the dash shows the incoming phone number and all of the associated info. that the newer car would show. Radio also shows all of the info and the volume of the radio turns down. It's essentially upgraded to a newer system. Even the onstar light on the rearview mirror has stayed green, some internet comments said that it would go red. Anyways. for approx. $500 and an afternoon. My car has been updated to an OEM handsfree set up. Next step is to find a newer nav radio with the usb connection. Then my phone can play music through the nav unit. But I'd rather have the windows down and listen to the car, so that's not a priority for me right now. But the hands free is definitely the way to go when it comes to cell phones.

You lost me not long after "I have a 2008 with Nav" but to be honest, I'm slightly tech challenged.... :Banghead:

Nav = radio with navigation

This is great information as many members have asked if this was possible or the easiest method. Definitely not the easiest method you found but it certainly is clever and dispels the myth that moving OnStar modules from car to car was not possible due to VIN restrictions.

Well done. Well done indeed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.