Hi guys, I purchased a 1982 survivor with 22000 miles out of the USA last fall because I could not find any decent one's in Canada after searching for 2 1/2 years. I am looking for other 82 owners to pick your brain about the crossfire engine. There were only 469 1982 models sold in Canada that year and I am sure there are not that many left. They are rarer than a C8 here. If you could post a picture of your car and where you are located. It would be great to get a bunch of us together for some pictures and talk. My name is Darrell located in Toronto and I am always thinking of my car day and night lol. My first Vette was a 1980 bought new when I was young so I am very familiar with the late C3's. Let's hear from you! I can't figure out how to post a picture, working on it lol
a couple of pics of my 82 corvette

Attachments

• $_59 3.JPG
    $_59 3.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 28
  • $_59.JPG
    $_59.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 26
  • $_594.JPG
    $_594.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 28
  • $_595.JPG
    $_595.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 25
I'm kicking around the idea of a 1979 and after a year watching the classified don't see a good one.
Any advice for looking/purchasing in the US?
Where do you live? What condition and price range are you looking for? Colour? Our Dollar is stronger now compared to the u.s.when I bought mine. First try putting a Corvette wanted ad locally on Kijiji. When I was looking for mine I did that and I had several people offering cars that were never ever advertised. one of them was a beautiful 1979 mint condition. Try looking on the American Corvette forum in their C3 for sale section. I found mine on Craigslist in Wichita Kansas from a very honest seller. We spoke for hours about the car and he sent me tons of videos. If you find one in the us, you would have to have somebody check out the car condition and send you pictures and information about it, there are people and companies that do this. Shipping can be expensive. If you are serious I am available for any questions or info and don't mind assisting you on your search. Good luck,

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Cool cars. I have a lot more respect for late C3s and the crossfire splatter disaster after Car Wizard went over this one. It's also cool knowing the injectors are the same as the TBI just split up.

New here and have owned my 82 for 30 years+. Runs well, ALL CFI, 383 and mid 12s in the 1/4 mile. Working on a new tune from scratch and hope to get into the 11s this winter. Great cars if you know how to make them run. :thumbs:

New here and have owned my 82 for 30 years+. Runs well, ALL CFI, 383 and mid 12s in the 1/4 mile. Working on a new tune from scratch and hope to get into the 11s this winter. Great cars if you know how to make them run. :thumbs:
Hi Buccaneer, Welcome to Canada lol. I was going to get in touch with you and amazingly you post to my thread. I may be interested in changing over to your system. Has anyone in Canada installed the Dynamic CFI system. I am having difficulty finding anyone that really knows anything about the crossfire engine as very few were sold here. If possible I would like to use your vast knowledge regarding my crossfire problems. As a side note to our Canadian members, Buccaneer is the King of the Crossfire and is regarding as a leading expert on that engine and it is an honor to have him on our Canadian site. He is a regular contributor to Corvette Forum. Hopefully we will talk soon.

WOW! That's one heck of a welcome and introduction...Thank you. :thumbs: I landed here by accident while looking for something else. I didn't know this forum existed, nice. To answer your question, yes there have been a few HAM boards, EBL Flash II ECMs sold to Canadian CF owners. If you needed to switch to a better ECM, I can help and will give you free of charge a great running tune for your 82 if stock. It was tested on three different 82s as it was developed and works great. I even sent the tune to a Chevrolet dealer in Missouri for an 82 they had when they replaced the customers ECM that was bad with an EBL Flash II. He just sent me mail the other day on how good the motor ran and the customer was very happy. He only had to change the idle a little lower, but not a big deal at all. I like to keep the idle a tad higher for the off idle throttle and more zip off idle.If your ECM dies, I can help you to get running again.:Biggrin:

If someone needs help with their CFI vette, give me a call or send mail. Thanks all.

• Winner
Reactions: 12cents
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.