Very good explanation by an actual designer of the C7 -- Sounds reasonable to me and I'm beginning to really like the C7 ..
I would have no trouble owning one of those and would seriously think of owning one if I had no 'vette now.
No qualms at all now over it's rear section -- at all.

Good video Riley.
Thanks for posting.

C.

I'm not upset about the tail lights anymore. Getting used to them and would like to see them in person. I would really like to see what they would look like with the surround painted body color instead of black. It just reminds me of thick eye shadow or a transformer face on a toy with the thick black surround.... However, on a white car with black wheels, it might look pretty awesome!!!!

I'm not upset about the tail lights anymore. Getting used to them and would like to see them in person. I would really like to see what they would look like with the surround painted body color instead of black. It just reminds me of thick eye shadow or a transformer face on a toy with the thick black surround.... However, on a white car with black wheels, it might look pretty awesome!!!!

emailed some pics in case you haven't seen these yet. Can't remember if I posted them or not -- probably did but have them anyway.
I corralled them for Terry earlier today so I had them handy.

C.

Great pics of the C7 Colin. I don't remember them on here. If you didn't take them, I would have thought a professional took them before the doors were opened to the auto show.

I like the fact that they tried doing round tail lights, it didn't look good so they scrapped it and moved on. At least it was considered and not just abandoned off the start. I think people are resistant because there are some signature item's that were always on the Corvette so if they change those items, they are afraid it won't look like a Corvette anymore. Sort of like the move to fixed head lights, however, it worked! The car is still gorgeous!

I look at the flowing lines of the car and I don't see anything flowing in the rear. The lines are all straight and chopped. Nothing flows. It's what you would expect on a Cadillac XLR....if there was one. They had these same sharp lines on the rest of the body. You just knew that they would be throwing LEDs at the car and they were piled on hot and heavy. We'll all get used to it though and five years from now we will be wondering what all the fuss was about.

I look at the flowing lines of the car and I don't see anything flowing in the rear. The lines are all straight and chopped. Nothing flows. It's what you would expect on a Cadillac XLR....if there was one. They had these same sharp lines on the rest of the body. You just knew that they would be throwing LEDs at the car and they were piled on hot and heavy. We'll all get used to it though and five years from now we will be wondering what all the fuss was about.

That's very true Keith .... The problem was the drastic departure from the C6....I still love the previous 'vettes but I think the new one has its place too.

Here's the pics I sent Riley -- in case I forgot to post them here:

mini-IMG_0031.jpg

mini-IMG_0030.jpg

mini-IMG_0029.jpg

mini-IMG_0028.jpg

mini-IMG_0027.jpg

mini-IMG_0026.jpg

mini-IMG_0025.jpg

mini-IMG_0023.jpg

I like the front, the sides, even the roof line. But I still can't say I like the back end. And I don't just mean the tail lights. And I have seen the car in person and spent quite a bit of time looking at it. The lower valance looks...like...something off of one of the rice rocket Honda Civics I see around town. It sure changed the look if that is what they were going for.

I like the front, the sides, even the roof line. But I still can't say I like the back end. And I don't just mean the tail lights. And I have seen the car in person and spent quite a bit of time looking at it. The lower valance looks...like...something off of one of the rice rocket Honda Civics I see around town. It sure changed the look if that is what they were going for.

What better way to attract a younger buyer? Some of these 'younger buyers' seem to have the means more and more these days......
........and to my mind they haven't trodden too hard on the toes of the older, more affluent clientelle.

My 2 nickles.

C.

What better way to attract a younger buyer? Some of these 'younger buyers' seem to have the means more and more these days......
........and to my mind they haven't trodden too hard on the toes of the older, more affluent clientelle.

My 2 nickles.

C.

I agree with you completely Colin. I know that's what they're aiming for at GM. The average Vette buyer is probably getting up there compared to the image the car intends. No doubt, younger affluent people were tired of the look of the C6; just look at the sales since 2008. But it doesn't mean I have to like it. I'm not in their target audience anyway so I'm sure they don't care about my opinion. But I do have an opinion. That whole black lower valance look is getting old to me. You see it on everything these days. It's a fad that will pass.

I agree with you completely Colin. I know that's what they're aiming for at GM. The average Vette buyer is probably getting up there compared to the image the car intends. No doubt, younger affluent people were tired of the look of the C6; just look at the sales since 2008. But it doesn't mean I have to like it. I'm not in their target audience anyway so I'm sure they don't care about my opinion. But I do have an opinion. That whole black lower valance look is getting old to me. You see it on everything these days. It's a fad that will pass.

You know to be honest I don't like that valence much either -- and that kind of thing happens from time to time on different models. It's not something that can't be fixed or modded quite easily. It's a bit of a PITA and extra expense but at least fixable. It helps keep Manny and the boys busy....:D

I honestly believe that GM cares about each and every customer -- the older ones who are more likely to have money, the middle aged ones like yourself who may be affluent enough but still love the name and stay maybe on the fence, and to try to boost sales they're also now trying to attract more younger ones who either have the means or have parents with deep pockets and will buy for these new, more angular looking cars for their kids.

I really think GM is trying to please everyone -- Of course they can't initially but they're hoping down the road the fence sitters and naysayers will retain some interest and not forget the 'vette.

I for one am delighted that it's still hanging on. After events of recent years at the big 3 --you can bet the topic of nixing the 'vette has come up a time or 2 as has happened with many other vehicles and brands even.

Interesting times for sure. I'm sure many of us who went thru the performance boom times of the '50's and 60's thought that performance and fun with vehicles would never be a reality again.

The demand is there. The money is there. It's up to the manufacturers to find a way to keep it going -- keep the customers happy.

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.