Just catching up with your thread Jr. Impressive work you are doing on your baby and really glad you are sharing this with us. those Wilwoods look great as well as the other pics you posted. :thumbs::thumbs:

Ya... About that... I accidentally tried to put the rear rotors on the front. I didn't realize they are slightly different. So the fronts are installed and I'll post a picture of the rears soon. I was cleaning up the wheel wells scrapping, priming and painting. During that time I also replaced all the body bushings with polyurethane and got replacement rear body mounts and got them Powdercoated so they'll never rust again. Lots of works but well worth it. Also restored my wiring harness running new power and ground wires and redoing all the connections.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    629.1 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 36
Hey Guys!

Been a while since I've posted so I wanted to give an update. I finished repairing those body mounts on the frame. My uncle cut my some metal with his Plasma cutter and I bent, drilled and painted it. I mounted those plates on both sides so that the body would sit level.

I also finished painting the fuel lines. I buffed them up to a high sheen, then I cleaned them and clear coated with POR15. Also finished the C4 blower motor wheel conversion. That was quite the pain and I hope it's worth it come spring! Had to build a special spacer out of wood and extend the shaft of the motor because I keep the C3 motor and didn't upgrade to the fourth gen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 29
Thx guys!

Should start getting some more picture coming out soon. I should be done the transmission in a week or two and I'll be starting on the engine in a couple weeks. Just have a few more parts to buy. I should also have the interior back together soon, just waiting on some Polk audio 4x6 speakers for the front.

NASCAR03- The blower motor wheel is suppose to improve the air flow. It's I think 3/4" wider and has 6 more blades (I can't remember exactly). However, it requires that stupid spacer between the blower motor which was a real pain dealing with tight clearances.

Hey Guys.

Another update!

The car has been coming along pretty well lately. I finished torquing everything in the back to spec. I also started to reinstall my upholstery that I got recovered with the same material as my seats so it will all match. I also finished resealing the TH400 that I pulled out of it and I'm just in the middle of painting it (of corse I'll post pictures when I'm done). This past weekend I finished rebuilding my power steering box and freshened it up with a rebuild kit and new grease (boy, was that a mess but it sure was fun). Lastly I bought some more parts for the engine which include a specter low profile air intake along with a bunch of eye candy!

Thanks again for all the support!

Deadline is the first week of May!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 21
Oh man. It's been awhile. Sorry I've been very busy trying to get the car ready for summer.

Riley P- It was really easy. I got a refurb kit from corvette depot with new ball bearings and brass bearings. The hardest part was probably cleaning everything. What a mess that made. Really if you go slow and pay attention to where all the bushings, seals and bearings go it's not too hard. The ball bearings just shake out of the wormgear housing. Once you have it cleaned up you grease up the new bearings and wormgear and pop them all back in. You also just have to make sure when you assemble everything that it's all centered or else you would have more turns one way than the other.

So the tranny is all re-sealed, painted and installed with a new energy suspension bushing! The engine is almost done! Cam, gears, windage tray, pump, pan, lifters, rods, and rockers all installed and the valve lash has been set! I'm dropping it in tomorrow! I also finished the majority of the interior which was rewrapped by my interior guy and I restored the lenses and hardware and replaced all the dash lights with LED's. I also finished painting the steering box and installed it and torque to spec. The vacuum lines are all done along with the wiring. Also painted the tranny lines.

Lastly my FiTech EFI system came in so stay tuned for that install and for a wicked cool air intake system!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 12
Also forgot to mention Riley that you need a inch pound torque wrench that goes from 0-80 to set the box. That was one of the bigger issues as well just trying to find one. Calgary doesn't have any I could find so I had to order it off amazon. It's also hard justifying a $50 one time use torque wrench for 20min to set your box.

Hey guys!

This will probably be my last post. I've got the engine in place and all buttoned up. I'm a couple hours works away from starting it up. I ended up having to go with a different air intake because the one I got wouldn't fit and my backup choice was $514! One day maybe when it goes on sale or I find a used one I'll get it but not yet (I'll include a picture below)!

Anyways, thanks for all the encouragement and support!

P.S. Some may have noticed the teflon tape on my AN fittings by my fuel pump. I made a mistake but luckily my parts guy caught it so I undid all of the fittings and took that stuff off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 6
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread