Short list comes to mind including, apparent narcolepsy or other distractions delaying forward motion when lights turn green, use of brake lights as turn signals guessing games, expecting me to move left giving them the right lane to let them merge into freeway traffic, big rigs that are traveling 1mph faster than the other big rig they're trying to pass on the freeway effectively blocking both lanes for miles, tailgating me for miles when I'm in no hurry because they don't know they can safely pass me even when there are solid lines separating lanes (in Ontario), failing to turn right on a red when there's ample opportunity, to name but a few. No one is perfect when it comes to driving, but around here, the mistakes are glaring and abundant.

• Informative
Reactions: 1st Vette
expecting me to move left giving them the right lane to let them merge into freeway traffic
Not sure what you mean. They are trying to enter the freeway and you are trying not to let them?
If someone is trying to enter the freeway I simply back off and let them in in front of me.
If that's not what you mean, please explain.
What annoys me is when people don't use the entire merge lane to get on. Some try to merge immediately and hold everyone up. If they use the entire lane then more cars can get into the merge lane. Everyone's time is important, but there is also a law about sharing the road.

Not sure what you mean. They are trying to enter the freeway and you are trying not to let them?
If someone is trying to enter the freeway I simply back off and let them in in front of me.
If that's not what you mean, please explain.
What annoys me is when people don't use the entire merge lane to get on. Some try to merge immediately and hold everyone up. If they use the entire lane then more cars can get into the merge lane. Everyone's time is important, but there is also a law about sharing the road.
They're perfectly welcome to enter the freeway, but I'm under no legal obligation to help. It's up to the "merger" to figure out how to safely merge, either by accelerating (used to call them acceleration lanes) or decelerating to safely merge into traffic. I'm under no legal obligation (I am in "possession" of the driving/rightmost lane) to let them in by disrupting my speed or position, to make it easier for them to merge. Some drivers do it because they've been conditioned to, by the poor freeway driving skills of others. You figure it's safer to help them, than to school them. It's a Canadian thing.

I agree re:driver skills. For me I really notice 2 things: poor awareness when changing lanes, and drivers forcing themselves in to merge at the last possible moment rather than trying to merge as soon as they see the lane ending.
Totally agree. I call them the "Moses Mergers", expecting traffic to part for them, like the Red Sea.

They're perfectly welcome to enter the freeway, but I'm under no legal obligation to help. It's up to the "merger" to figure out how to safely merge, either by accelerating (used to call them acceleration lanes) or decelerating to safely merge into traffic. I'm under no legal obligation (I am in "possession" of the driving/rightmost lane) to let them in by disrupting my speed or position, to make it easier for them to merge. Some drivers do it because they've been conditioned to, by the poor freeway driving skills of others. You figure it's safer to help them, than to school them. It's a Canadian thing.
But. That extra car length they gain by forcing themselves in front of you is going to make a huge difference in when they arrive at their destination 50 km up the road….:Banghead:

What Are The Right-Of-Way Driving Rules In Ontario? (https://www.thinkinsure.ca/insurance-help-centre/right-of-way-when-driving.html)
It's not a matter of time or convenience. It's a matter of respecting the rules of right of way.
And schooling the rest of the poorly trained drivers to not "expect" someone to move over or slow down/speed up for them every time they can't figure out how to do it themselves.
I knew I'd get someone's back up over this. I blame the NWT dude. ;)
So you are so bent up for someone wanting to waste 2 seconds out of your life?

What Are The Right-Of-Way Driving Rules In Ontario? (https://www.thinkinsure.ca/insurance-help-centre/right-of-way-when-driving.html)
It's not a matter of time or convenience. It's a matter of respecting the rules of right of way.
And schooling the rest of the poorly trained drivers to not "expect" someone to move over or slow down/speed up for them every time they can't figure out how to do it themselves.
I knew I'd get someone's back up over this. I blame the NWT dude. ;)
:smile1:

• Clever
Reactions: MKC8