Perhaps one of the model car companies could make and sell a model of your car. This old kid would buy one. :)

Thanks, Keith. This is the closest I could find. It's a 1/12th scale. Very, very large. I've rarely seen 1/12th scale models.

28m1e20.jpg

2m31b1w.jpg

Holy Crap! That is a huge model! Just think, if you bought 12 of them, you'd have a 1:1 model....it works like that, right?

So, I just have to ask, what is the most obscure item you have with your car on it (or red 67 coupe)? I keep coming on this thread and seeing awesome stuff I never knew existed!

...what is the most obscure item you have with your car on it (or red 67 coupe)?...

Snow? :rofl:

2en6ydj.jpg

January 9th, 2007, I had a visitor from across the pond who simply had to hear the car run. It was a perfectly sunny winter day, so I thought, "Why not? I'll pull it out.".

Just after shutting it down, a snow cloud suddenly appeared and opened up. I couldn't resist the photo.
:seeya:

Some relatives are coming over from Ireland this coming summer and are anxious for a ride in our Corvette. Over there, motorcycle racing is BIG. In the North West race, they run the highway between Port Stewart, Port Rush and Colraine. Two years ago, I believe, the fastest bike was clocked at 205 mph. We won't be going that fast but I'm sure I can give them a fun ride. ;) It will be the middle of June so hopefully there will be no snow. Neat picture 67HEAVEN.

Last edited:
More photos? The days are getting shorter, so I have to do something to keep from going crazy. :D

How far did my complete Corvette rebuild go? Perhaps this will help explain.

The restored instrument cluster from my '67...
bgbwib.jpg

How I got there...
9iqm28.jpg

This alone was several weeks of work on weekends and evenings. The time sure mounts up when you get knee-deep in these projects.

Last edited:
And this is how you connect all those wires, plugs, switches, etc. behind the instrument cluster, when there's little room to do so after bolting it in.

10y2e6c.jpg

Use long threaded rods to hang it on. Connect everything, slide it home, and then replace the rods with correct bolts, one at a time. Tada!

Sorry, Doug.

By the way, I rarely take things for granted, so while assembling the ZZ502 Deluxe Kit crate engine, I took the bowls off the 850 Holley. I just like to check for myself. :D

Keep in mind....this is a brand new over-the-counter carb. :nono:

2dcheyv.jpg

28u3e68.jpg

GM replaced the carb right away. I checked the next one too. :D

To take my mind off Newtown, CT, and to prove that I may be as 'odd' as you suspected, here's a photo taken after my return from Carlisle six years ago.

301kbhl.jpg

"So what?", says you. Well, see those little white gouges? They came off a tandem dump truck on I-81.

Once my painter saw that, he about freaked. "Calm down", says me. "Battle scars". :D

"Huh?", he says. "I'll fix it for free for chrissake!".

"Nah, leave them. It's a road warrior. I drive this baby. They're badges of honour...and I don't care. :rofl:

He walked away scratching his head.

hahaha !!! that's not odd bob. in my world it's called preserving your sanity. reminds me of a good friend and similar situations with his chris-craft. he tells people if he worried about stuff like that , they would never take the boat out. plus , he maintains, he provides good entertainment for the lockmasters !!! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.