They should have offered Z51 orders the choice of tyre they wanted as they are both 0$ in the spec sheet...buy hey I work for the city not for GM hahahahahha

Z51 is a performance package. No sense in having a performance kit without performance tires.

Maybe GM will send us our z51/s with transport steel rims like some of our escalades

They only do this on the select few that have 22" wheels. Then they use the tires on the steel rims on the rims that go on the truck. Few dealerships have the means to replace 335/30R20 ZP tires on 12" wide wheels, especially without damaging the wheels.

Besides, who really wants their Corvette delivered in the winter when all the road salt will get sprayed all over the underside? Everyone likes to believe their Corvette has never even seen rain, let alone salt.

Reactions: kerry4
Auotoblog and some other totally reliable sites (sarcasm intended) posted stories a couple days ago...

It's all the same source looking at this. Chevy Dude down south who made some inquiries with GM. Nothing official from what I've followed. All the articles are using this dealer's comments as the source.

Now it could well be true but currently still just fan fiction.

Here are some of the sources. Maybe not validated but seems to at least make sense that strike will impact first year build.

stands to reason...impossible to to make up 2 months of lost production during a shortened 7 month model year
'21 production starts Sep 1st w/deliveries in time for winter storage :Ack2:

Last edited:
Reactions: ABC
stands to reason...impossible to to make up 2 months of lost production during a short 7 month model year
'21 production starts Sep 1st...does anybody really want fall delivery?
I am not unhappy about the drop in numbers. Should make those that are fortunate enough to get one hold their value a little better. I look at it as a trade off for first year model builds. Sure there may be some "kinks" that get worked out in 2021 and future, but first run of model change with lower build numbers should count for something no?

Just saw ChevyDude post this skip his usual vlog stuff start in at about 24 sec of this.

My fingers are crossed for my 1100 Event Status and if I don't get my allocation its bye bye GM forever! I am worried as if the US is having this how will it effect us up here.

ALLOCATIONS CUT EXPLANATION

Worried in Ottawa

Kevin
with whom did you put a deposit? I am also from Ottawa.I am 4th on the list at dealer

with whom did you put a deposit? I am also from Ottawa.I am 4th on the list at dealer
Myers.... I was #1 on their list but I decided on getting a convertable so they put through their 2 coupes they had as when they got an allotment of 2 picked up by GM. The convertibles were still on constraint at that time so I'm still sitting at 1100 hoping for a Feb allotment.

Here are some of the sources. Maybe not validated but seems to at least make sense that strike will impact first year build.

So a salesperson at a GM dealership says that GM says that something is happening.

That same salesperson is interpreting the information and is saying that it is definitely what will happen.

No word directly from GM on the matter.

Don't take things so seriously. People love to create chaos, especially YouTube content creators.

Reactions: frankmp and ABC
@EJChevy Do you believe BG can make up for 2 months of lost production (strike)?

How many they make for the entire year is irrelevant. Do you believe it will have any effect on anyone who has placed an order and is actually expecting to get a 2020 Corvette?

Most of H1 orders have been fulfilled.

No one knows how many H2 allocations there will be, so at this time it's completely irrelevant how many they're going to make. Besides, GM will focus on filling sold orders before anything else.

Shall we try to estimate how many they will make?

In 2019, from January 1st through to August 1st, they produced 14,112 Corvettes. Let us say they worked 5 days/week, no overtime, no days off. That would be 150 built/day.

They have added a second shift for producing the 2020 Corvette, so it would be safe to say they could build 250-300/day.

Production begins the first week of February, so that'll be 30 weeks(ish). From regular production, that would be 150 days of production. At this rate, they may build around 37,500 to 45,000, 2020 Corvettes. If they did one day of overtime every three weeks, that would be an additional 2,500 to 3,000 Corvettes.

Now the first few weeks will have lower production numbers as they get things ramped up. Could it be safe to say they'll produce 35,000 to 42,000, 2020 Corvettes?

IIRC, they originally planned for about 44,000 Corvettes. A 20% drop would mean 35,000 would be made.

Remember, from January 2018 to December 2019 they built 37,000, 2019 Corvettes. There were a few months of downtime involved in those two years.

I really don't think anyone needs to be worried about how many or how few 2020 Corvettes GM will make. As of today, a few thousand have been allocated to dealerships and they have production planned to the end of April. I feel confident they will be able to make enough to fulfill most, if not all sold orders (at least for the USA, who knows what will happen here in Canada).

safe to say 250-300 per day?
11.6 per hr is the target build

Again, source?

I took a quick look and saw that 11.6/hour is what they were able to do after an overhaul with the C7. Prior to the overhaul, they were doing 17.1/hour.

Ok, so 11.6/hour would mean 92.8/shift. Two shifts would be 185.6/day.

So at a minimum we're looking at 28,000 built with no overtime and no improvement in production speed.

Add overtime three weekends/month (which I can see GM doing) would mean an additional 21 days of production for an additional 4,000 Corvettes. Now we're at 32,000.

If I were a betting man, I'd say GM can get production to run faster than 11.6/hour. Even a modest boost to 13/hour would make for another 22/day or another 3,000-4,000 for the entire production run.

I still feel we're very much in a position of not needing to worry about how many are built.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.