At the C8 release Travis Hester then president of GM Canada told us that they would be expecting dealers to take orders throughout the winter months in order to keep our priority status with GM. GM has a tenancy to neglect Canada and in some years and it was thought that if we ordered all year round we would keep in their inner circle for gaining allotment

With the C7's, there was not a time we could not order Corvettes through the winter, they just didn't arrive until April.

There have been numerous GM executives publicly saying something about the C8 Corvette that turned out to not be true. I won't accept anything unless it is on a written statement from GM.

Reactions: OttawaKev
With the C7's, there was not a time we could not order Corvettes through the winter, they just didn't arrive until April.

There have been numerous GM executives publicly saying something about the C8 Corvette that turned out to not be true. I won't accept anything unless it is on a written statement from GM.
Do you think that GM is going to hold our orders at BG until its spring?

Just throwing this out there for thoughts....Do you guys a possible allocation reduction could be to fill Non-NA markets they are moving into as orders could have been higher than anticipated and they make more per vehicle in those marketsand they want Corvette to compete with the Eurocars? I mention this as I have heard Tadge mention Europe and Australia in a few interviews.

Cheers,

Kevin

I assume it could be possible. It is the first time they are offering the Corvette in Australia. No one knows for sure except for the people behind those closed doors.

Do you think that GM is going to hold our orders at BG until its spring?

In the past two years, we've had Corvettes assembled for us in December that we didn't see until late-April, so yes, yes I do believe they will hold our Corvettes at BG until it's spring.

I assume it could be possible. It is the first time they are offering the Corvette in Australia. No one knows for sure except for the people behind those closed doors.

In the past two years, we've had Corvettes assembled for us in December that we didn't see until late-April, so yes, yes I do believe they will hold our Corvettes at BG until it's spring.
I know a guy who had one delivered here in Ottawa on April 1st he thought the dealership was messing with him when they called hahahaha

Just throwing this out there for thoughts....Do you guys a possible allocation reduction could be to fill Non-NA markets they are moving into as orders could have been higher than anticipated and they make more per vehicle in those marketsand they want Corvette to compete with the Eurocars? I mention this as I have heard Tadge mention Europe and Australia in a few interviews.

Cheers,

Kevin
Quite possibly, I think that when you look at that top 100 list of corvette dealers it dosent make any sense why a single dealership should get close to 1000 vettes when you can charge what ever you want in Dubai and they will take them. I think we are all extremely spoiled in the amount of vettes we are getting currently when you compare it to previous gen releases. I only got 5 in 2014 MY. I think that for the initial year this strategy they have taken makes sense but in the future they should make the opportunity for a lesser known dealerhip to order what they please.

It's becoming very difficult continuing as a GM Consumer, Loyalist & Advocate.
I most likely will continue while I am permitted to renew my operators' license.
After all I do realize that eventually ... all I will need is for someone to offer me a ride
to the Doctor, Pharmacy & Wine Store ... regardless of the make and model. :oldman:

Last edited:
  • Haha
GM raising the price of a Corvette ... people will still buy here ... but fewer.
Charging what one wants is what I saw at a few Dealerships with the C7zr1.
I will continue to chastise each and every one of them that attempted to do
this with me for their MSRP +$20k into the dealer pocket. If GM did this as
part of the MSRP ... I would have had very little problem.
It's a matter of my own integrity to excel over and above any
over-paying arrogance that would loom over C7zr1 ownership with me.
(those who have done it ... best to seek no pedestal ... and just enjoy the car)
I will be watching the entry C8 prices for the same attempts ...
knowing exactly will have not my patrionage and wheel barrow full of money
for a New C8 in a few years ... :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: EJChevy
There has been some discussion on this topic on the US based "Corvette Forum." Several GM dealers have commented that it appears that all confirmed customer orders will be filled, however, many dealers with big allocations have ordered lots of C8s for their inventory to sell to folks who walk in off the street. My understanding is that GM is committed to filling all orders that have a customer name attached to them but folks like Rick Conti may not get the 40-50 units that they ordered for inventory.

There has been some discussion on this topic on the US based "Corvette Forum." Several GM dealers have commented that it appears that all confirmed customer orders will be filled, however, many dealers with big allocations have ordered lots of C8s for their inventory to sell to folks who walk in off the street. My understanding is that GM is committed to filling all orders that have a customer name attached to them but folks like Rick Conti may not get the 40-50 units that they ordered for inventory.
Nice research David!

The expectation is winter deliveries will only take place with non-Z51 Corvettes, if they do this at all. There has been no official word on what changes will take place.

Since GM began restricting shipment, during the C7 run, I cannot imagine they will begin shipping summer-only tire-clad Corvettes in the winter because they will continue to have the same tire-cracking problem that could ultimately cost GM or the dealerships a lot of money.

7C is fine, it's -5C when you really need to be careful.
Wow this makes a lot of sense. Maybe this is why I got an early build week of March 9th, I didn't get the z51 package but my order was picked up far later than most in Canada..

Quite possibly, I think that when you look at that top 100 list of corvette dealers it dosent make any sense why a single dealership should get close to 1000 vettes when you can charge what ever you want in Dubai and they will take them. I think we are all extremely spoiled in the amount of vettes we are getting currently when you compare it to previous gen releases. I only got 5 in 2014 MY. I think that for the initial year this strategy they have taken makes sense but in the future they should make the opportunity for a lesser known dealerhip to order what they please.
Australian release reporting
Ausy Release

170K AUS is 153K CDN

150K Aus is about 135K CDN

Well that is a good point, I learned long ago to set proper expectations with your corvette clients orders. I will always give you the worst case Ontario and hope that it improves. As for GM in the Canadian market it boils down to money. They make more off of selling in the states. The C8 for example converts over to 18.75% instead of the 32% currency conversion. Our buying power is far superior but our allotment is less because of this. GM canada has an aggressive strategy to counteract this in the C8 gen. An example is the deliveries in winter over the traditional 7degree rule they have done in the past.
Has GM changed the 7 degree rule? Because I know of Ontario Z51 allocations that have TPW well before we get above -7.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but can there not be a significant time lapse between production week (TPW) and when the vehicle is shipped?
Good point, it just appears that with tpw in February and even add a month for quality control, it could be ready to ship end of March but could not ship till end of April if -7 degree rule in place?

Great thread! I cant wait to find out more about the true 2020 production numbers. I'm just hoping they confirm the Vert for Canadian allocation. They may not! My understanding is if you're in Canada and have already ordered the Vert, it's not verified and there is no TPW for those orders as of yet. Makes me kinda think of the Chevy SS, which never came to Canada at all. My brother-in-law in Michigan got a red 2015 Chevy SS, and holy s**t, it's a friggin beast!

Correct me if I'm wrong but can there not be a significant time lapse between production week (TPW) and when the vehicle is shipped?

Yes, there can be a significant period of time between build and shipment if, for some reason, the vehicles are being held.

It's warm in Bowling Green, but not too warm up here, so they'll keep them at the factory until it warms up here.

Has GM changed the 7 degree rule? Because I know of Ontario Z51 allocations that have TPW well before we get above -7.
So I have been told by higher ups in person that they will be doing drops of vettes to dealers all throughout the winter. In anticipation of this we have already made a receiving area at our corvette storage facility. (We bought the old oxford dodge dealership around the corner and store vehicles for the winter for 1k) I for example have two z51's with feb 3 TPW. I have read and heard from a couple of the american youtube celebrity vet saleman that there is going to be a mandatory 3 week quality control hold on all vettes produced. This is not out of the ordinary at all with High performance products as the CT6 V i had ordered sat for 2 months and multiple ZL1 maros sit for months sometimes. I am numb to the frustration knowing the vehicle is in 4600 status with a vin number and it just sits bayed for weeks on end. I will keep you all in the loop about how the process goes with my vette as part of my morning routine is to sip my coffee and go into the order workbench to check on my babies

I would believe the shipment of Corvettes to take place during the winter months to be true, because they now have all-season tires which eliminates the problem of tires cracking in the cold.

Not all Corvettes will have all-season tires though. I would be surprised if they will begin shipping Z51 Corvettes in the winter because they had been holding C7 Corvettes all this time. GM doesn't need another lawsuit they can avoid.

I would believe the shipment of Corvettes to take place during the winter months to be true, because they now have all-season tires which eliminates the problem of tires cracking in the cold.

Not all Corvettes will have all-season tires though. I would be surprised if they will begin shipping Z51 Corvettes in the winter because they had been holding C7 Corvettes all this time. GM doesn't need another lawsuit they can avoid.
Agreed, below seems to explain the cold weather issue well:
1579536845587.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.