Feb 5, 2009
Richmond Hill
VetteCoins
Car
2019 2LT M7 Stingray
This might be a stupid question but I never like to assume anything. I'm going to be driving through Saskatchewan this Summer and I was wondering if there is any kind of air surveillance (I don't think it would be economically feasible) and also what the speed trap situation is like on the Trans-Canada.
Thanks.

I have never had a ticket through air surveillance. Speed traps consist of RCMP driving on the highway and catching speeders through radar. The good ol fashion way.

We just need some southern Sask locals to inform where the highways are more heavily monitored. The only stretch I can think of is between Regina and Moose Jaw.

Just remember to give us a heads up before you are heading though so we can organized our own road trip to meet up with you somewhere...if you have time to stop for a drink/meet.

I have never had a ticket through air surveillance. Speed traps consist of RCMP driving on the highway and catching speeders through radar. The good ol fashion way.

We just need some southern Sask locals to inform where the highways are more heavily monitored. The only stretch I can think of is between Regina and Moose Jaw.

Just remember to give us a heads up before you are heading though so we can organized our own road trip to meet up with you somewhere...if you have time to stop for a drink/meet.

Does that mean if I have a clear view in front of me for a few clicks then I am clear?:D

I will give you guys a heads-up prior to leaving for sure.

Does that mean if I have a clear view in front of me for a few clicks then I am clear?:D

I will give you guys a heads-up prior to leaving for sure.

I would hate to say YES then you get a ticket but that is the method I use! I used to have a radar detector with Laser and all the bells and whistles until I got a ticket with it ON and IT NEVER MADE A SINGLE SOUND!!

This may be the only time you have ever heard this but I have found the RCMP here are good to deal with if traffic is light and you are not being an idiot, they have flashed me a few times but let me continue on.

I am not that fast of a driver though...

Brent

So far all I needed was a good radar detector, and follow behind someone thats thinks they are racing. Trans Canada is a busy road so the RCMP are usually out around the bigger towns. There will be time you can open it up,
for a short time, but running at 140klm average is where I run at.
Good luck...:seeya:

After much experience and one of my good freinds who is sargeant of a detachment between moosomin and moose jaw ,i would suggest you take it easy and don't speed . especially by broadview and mclean. There are a lot of slight hills where they hid behind and gun you when you crest the top. Radar does you no good and only GARANTEES you a ticket were you might only get a warning, REMEMBER 85 mph + gets you a dangerous driving charge and 95 + gets your car impounded. AND its pricey to get your car back!

hhahahhaha...there is air patrols in saskatchewan...not all over but there is. i have a few friend that are cops and they say yes also. there is markers on the highway they time you from the air and they radio to the closest patrol. so beware. who would have thunk it!!!!

When I drove from Montreal to Calgary last year(52hr) I saw one OPP in northern Ontario. I used common sense and maintained speed limit in populated areas...however once out in the open and you can see the horizon I stepped up the pace a little :D...just keep your eyes peeled...you never know

Whens the next turn??:eek:
2zz2aur.jpg

When I drove from Montreal to Calgary last year(52hr) I saw one OPP in northern Ontario. I used common sense and maintained speed limit in populated areas...however once out in the open and you can see the horizon I stepped up the pace a little :D...just keep your eyes peeled...you never know

Whens the next turn??:eek:
2zz2aur.jpg

Once someone (who had police friends) told me that legally they have to clock you from within a 1/4 mile (I believe for accuracy reasons) and I have been working with that principle ever since.

So in the prairies there should be straightaways for kilometres on...

driven accross this country lots.. quebec.. give er, stay behind the fastest guy that passes ya, ont - i dont speed or stay about 10% over; manitoba- 120 -125 shouldn't be a problem, sask, 120 ish, be aware there is a poplar tree on a curve 97.628 kms west of Regina watch out!! alberta 20 kms either side of Medicine Hat and same around Strathmore other than that 130 ish but be aware for the highway patrol - no breaks; bc 8% over the speed limit and you wont have a problem..on the praries keep your detector on and be aware. have fun.
drove from BC to NS last summer in the vette not a ticket and gave her most of the time...

Just a weird thought, why not go the speed limit? Are you in that big of a hurry? Isn't the vette ride enjoyable? As a rule of thumb for me, unless I really need to be somewhere, I go 115 to 120kph on the divided highways (limit being 110kph). Back home the cops told me they will almost always give 10% of the speed limit due to inaccuarcies in the detectors. But still the speed limit is there for a reason.

T

When are you coming through Saskatchewan?

I already passed through both ways on my trip to Alaska, sorry I couldn't connect with you guys because I was short on time.

I must say though, you guys have some really nice highway to drive those Vettes on!

I got let off on a warning for doing 130 in a 110, still don't know why he even bothered pulling me over (in Toronto I would get rear-ended at that speed). No one was in a hurry to go anywhere, I was amazed as to how many people were driving at or below the limit.

Great trip, lots of fun, met lots of nice people.

PS - I managed to avoid a couple of prairie dogs with my ninja reflexes...lol

Good to hear you made it safe and sound. Any pictures of the trip? I don't think my truck would work very well in Toronto as it tops out at 120 km/h if I am lucky...

Lots of nice scenery along the way. Drove to Prince Rupert, BC, from where I took the Alaska Ferry to Haines, AK. Saw whales, seals, glaciers/icebergs, mountains on the 37 hour ferry ride.

Got off at Haines Port and drove back through The Yukon, Northern BC. The scenery was breathtaking and an enormous amount of wildlife to be seen along the Alaska highway.

TheYukon.jpg

MtRobsonBC.jpg

LastScan8.jpg

JasperAlberta.jpg

BC3.jpg

BC2.jpg

NorthernBC.jpg

MatanuskaFerrytoAKfromPrinceRupert.jpg

Bearwithcub.jpg

AlaskaCanadaBorder.jpg

IcebergAlaska.jpg

WhaleinAlaska.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.