Yup, we do stick together. And why not Orange IS the best color! haha!

That Ceramic Matrix grows on you. I wasn't sure at first either but after our trip south i do like it.

A friend of mine when to a Saturday Cars & Coffee in Phoenix and parked next to his new friends he just met. GS, ZR1 and ZO6 all Carbon 65.
IMG-2290 (1).JPG

Reactions: Riley P and 12cents
Is there any merit in trading up every couple of years or??

This depends on your situation. If you're trading a Stingray for a Stingray, then I would say it's not worth it. Keep yours and enjoy it. Upgrading to a Grand Sport or Z06 - well, this will depend completely on whether or not you're willing to have the extra expense of taking a loss on your current vehicle and spending more for what is essentially the same, but with a bigger body and potentially more power (and the badge, of course).

Interested to know what kind of kms your car has?

I have a 2009 Base 1LT that I got in July of 2019. It had 59k km on it. Now, it has 72k km on it. I bought this car specifically to drive it, and I have been very much, as you can see.

My situation is different from yours as C6 Corvettes have basically stopped deprciating. I can continue to drive like this and will lose minimal value when it comes time to upgrade.

What is the feeling about your car and mileage and when do most plan on trading up?

I feel with trade-ins, if you want the vehicle to maintain value from having low km, you need REALY low km. We're talking under 2k/year or less. Basically a collector car/garage baby. If you ACTUALLY want to drive it, then the mileages that I feel have an effect on value are 60,000 km and 100,000 km. In my personal opinion (not professional) a Corvette that has hit 100,00 km is no longer desirable at all because it's clearly been driven a lot.

My $0.02
My take is, you’ve seen a lot of oldies running around yet (cars) and wonder. Just me I gather I know what’s in my ride and confident that it will get me from point A to B with no issues. I’m use to the condition of the vehicle the ride (stiff) I’m sure getting into a C8 would be a dream come true likewise when I have my C5. C8 still in my bucket list. Who knows I might even settle for some managers special out there but maybe keep my C5 just for the memories. Cheers 🥂

Reactions: Rruuff Day
My take is, you’ve seen a lot of oldies running around yet (cars) and wonder. Just me I gather I know what’s in my ride and confident that it will get me from point A to B with no issues. I’m use to the condition of the vehicle the ride (stiff) I’m sure getting into a C8 would be a dream come true likewise when I have my C5. C8 still in my bucket list. Who knows I might even settle for some managers special out there but maybe keep my C5 just for the memories. Cheers 🥂
Hey, I am just getting started with a C6, 2008 silver coupe, higher k, but in excellent shape, no winters and service reguarly at McMaster in Orangeville anc City Buick, Toronto. Even have the GM readout from Pre delivery spring 09, right up untill my oil change last week. A GM engineer, friend and car buff, told me not to worry about the high k's, engine and car good for 3 to 400,000 miles if well maintained. My beauty is not close to those k's, but over 100,000. I love the way it runs. On our first cruze today, with 12 cars and 5 21'S joined the trip. They are beauiful and none were less than 150,000. So guess, I will be waiting a while.

I disagree with many of you, I bought a c6 2008 with high k's 6 weeks ago. 160,000 K on it. It is immaculate, no winters, inside and out. Base coupe silver, I have bought it to drive it. My engineer friend from GM, no problem on these engines to do 3 to 400000 KS without any trouble.
My new vetter shop has an older snowbird lady, who drives her vette to Florida, each winter and it now has over 300000 K on it. She loves it and the drive. So if you are looking for fun, drive them, it is only money. Especially if you are not a collector. Can't wait to take ours to Florida in October. It will be there for 6 and a half months, even though we are there only 4 months. Flying home in between. Enjoy the drives guys.

Is there any merit in trading up every couple of years or??

This depends on your situation. If you're trading a Stingray for a Stingray, then I would say it's not worth it. Keep yours and enjoy it. Upgrading to a Grand Sport or Z06 - well, this will depend completely on whether or not you're willing to have the extra expense of taking a loss on your current vehicle and spending more for what is essentially the same, but with a bigger body and potentially more power (and the badge, of course).

Interested to know what kind of kms your car has?

I have a 2009 Base 1LT that I got in July of 2019. It had 59k km on it. Now, it has 72k km on it. I bought this car specifically to drive it, and I have been very much, as you can see.

My situation is different from yours as C6 Corvettes have basically stopped deprciating. I can continue to drive like this and will lose minimal value when it comes time to upgrade.

What is the feeling about your car and mileage and when do most plan on trading up?

I feel with trade-ins, if you want the vehicle to maintain value from having low km, you need REALY low km. We're talking under 2k/year or less. Basically a collector car/garage baby. If you ACTUALLY want to drive it, then the mileages that I feel have an effect on value are 60,000 km and 100,000 km. In my personal opinion (not professional) a Corvette that has hit 100,00 km is no longer desirable at all because it's clearly been driven a lot.

My $0.02
HMMM, MINE HAS 160,000 K, MINT, STRONG ENGINE, NO WINTERS,SILVER, HEAD TURNER TARGA COUPE, GM ENGINEER FRIEND SAYS DRIVE IT, ENJOY, AND GOOD FOR OVER 400,000 K IF MAINTAINED, WHICH I DO.

I like Ceramic matrix . It like owning a sleeper . Its a old man look . Lol . As far as trading up , my little stingray is my favourite. Light , nimble , USE IT . if you want a garage queen do that with your second one. ( ie. invest ) But enjoy your stingray . You only live once . And there’s always Warranty.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.