Zora

Corvettes & Road Trips: Priceless
Regular
Sep 23, 2018
U.S. Pacific Northwest
VetteCoins
Our C7 Z06 is deleiberately Velocity Yellow with many contrasting carbon flash metallic black trim pieces (both OEM parts and aftermarket). However, we are thinking that the C8 looks better without a contrasting trim piece.

Here are a couple of example with contrasting trim, the first by FVS (“FirstVetteSoon”), the second by Chazcron. Then one by renderer “bdsvavars” without any contrasting trim. Not reflecting your feelings about the renders, but only the question of what do you think about contrasting scope edge trim piece or not, what say you please?

9F77EAF6-7559-4394-BCF7-484BDC8CC52A.jpeg
84BBDBEF-0B04-4DE1-A5B0-DF821B81058B.jpeg
55674FAC-A087-4794-8720-310AB2DC9B43.jpeg

My personal taste is go without the contrasting trim piece. But having the option to do either I think would benefit everyone and appeal to a wider customer base. Not that I think it would be any kind of a deal breaker but would be a more satisfying for the customer.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann and Zora
While I am leaning to no contrast, I believe we will all reconsider when we see the car — maybe however, still reaching our initial, tentative decisions. I know I will re-look at it once it is revealed, decide then. Might there be two cars at the reveal, one with, one without a contrasting scoop trim piece?

Guesing the three main renderers, FVS, Chazcron and bdsvavars, have based the scoop’s location and height on the Nurburgring and the C8.R pictures.

Of course, GM has some staff, I have named the “Masters of Deceipt,” whose full time job is to fool us and those who do renders. They did a good job on the C7. Let’s see how they do on the ME, e.g., how surprised we are at the reveal.

Seems to me I've already put my 2 cents worth in your other post John. Black on Black carbon fibre would look good derek but the contrast on any other colour I'm not crazy about...

A little off topic, has anyone given any thought to the location of the intake scoop? Personally I don't like it. It is too low. I would prefer it much higher and rearward like every other mid engined supercar.....

Ya you make good point considering all the debris that comes up off the wheels. Not an insurmountable problem to mitigate but yes without side skirts the location on the current renderings are in that sweet spot to collect pretty much all of it. 😂

Ya you make good point considering all the debris that comes up off the wheels. Not an insurmountable problem to mitigate but yes without side skirts the location on the current renderings are in that sweet spot to collect pretty much all of it. 😂
Yeah, that's a good point. Quite honestly I hadn't even considered the debris collection issue. I just don't like it from an aesthetics point of view. Zora could be right, and I hope he is, with GM ultimately having the intakes higher on the finished product. I would like to see them more in line with the current transmission cooling intakes on the Z06 which is a similar location to the Ferrari 360 and F430 intake vents. It's just a much nicer place to have them, and allows the door to be left alone.

Reactions: ddgermann
Yeah, that's a good point. Quite honestly I hadn't even considered the debris collection issue. I just don't like it from an aesthetics point of view. Zora could be right, and I hope he is, with GM ultimately having the intakes higher on the finished product. I would like to see them more in line with the current transmission cooling intakes on the Z06 which is a similar location to the Ferrari 360 and F430 intake vents. It's just a much nicer place to have them, and allows the door to be left alone.

I personally really like the look of the big air scoops on the side despite the possibility of road debris and maybe the odd pedestrian getting sucked in them.
However I would not be surprised to discover these are just a trick to throw everyone off and will not be on the actual MEC8. I expect they will place and configure them based on wind tunnel tests to provide the maximum amount of air flow at various speeds to keep the car healthy. Especially the city driving would be a big consideration. Unless they install a forced air system for these low speed times.
Another thing to consider is the car may have different air scoop configurations for different models as they do with the C7.
We may see the big side scoops only on the Z06 and up models. (If they use the Z06 badging on this car)
I’m certainly excited to see the real thing. I can’t wait to see what the engine bay looks like. Picturing it all trimmed up glowing in blue or red LED. Wow 😀

Reactions: ccltj and flyboy999
While I agree with most of what you have posted, can you imagine the cost of sending over a team of 20+ Corvette technicians, four drivers, four ME’s for over a week, including privately renting the Nurburgring for a couple of days, to Germany for a total of over a week, then bringing all that back to North America?

As aero, including cooling the motor and more is way more critical on a ME than a FE, you do not expend all that money testing dummy air scoops. Then have to start again with your “real ones.”

Reactions: flyboy999
While I agree with most of what you have posted, can you imagine the cost of sending over a team of 20+ Corvette technicians, four drivers, four ME’s for over a week, including privately renting the Nurburgring for a couple of days, to Germany for a total of over a week, then bringing all that back to North America?

As aero, including cooling the motor and more is way more critical on a ME than a FE, you do not expend all that money testing dummy air scoops. Then have to start again with your “real ones.”

We will see soon enough.

Reactions: flyboy999
Actually, not as soon as many think. I keep seeing posts in lots of forums, even some, “I bought my tickets to Detroit.” I sure hope that they are refundable or changeable without large penalty.

I am hearing louder and louder drumbeats that the ME will not be revealed in January at NAIAS.

The good news is that it is not important when the reveal is (other than our damned impatience), and that the ME’s production schedule remains on track.

The Ferrari LaFerrari has part of its scoop on the door. We might have to get used to this feature — or choose to stick with your beautiful C7’s.
Remember that the Ferrari LaFerrari is a "hyper-car" not a "super-car".........limited production and hybrid..........as I said, pretty much every other "super-car" has the intake vents mounted high and aft. There is clearly a reason for this, whether it's aesthetics or due to wind tunnel testing. Also, the LaFerrari, although very cool, has never been viewed as Ferrari's most beautiful design.......

Reactions: ddgermann
Not sure how up to date that Muzi release notice is. None of their renderings look or sound like anything we've see lately and they are projecting 700+ HP with auto or manual tranny as well... Guess we will see soon...

Not sure how up to date that Muzi release notice is. None of their renderings look or sound like anything we've see lately and they are projecting 700+ HP with auto or manual tranny as well... Guess we will see soon...
I think it's pretty outdated and people on the US forum have predicted that the post will be removed soon. Too bad. I would trade in my Z06 on that in a heartbeat.

Our C7 Z06 is deleiberately Velocity Yellow with many contrasting carbon flash metallic black trim pieces (both OEM parts and aftermarket). However, we are thinking that the C8 looks better without a contrasting trim piece.

Here are a couple of example with contrasting trim, the first by FVS (“FirstVetteSoon”), the second by Chazcron. Then one by renderer “bdsvavars” without any contrasting trim. Not reflecting your feelings about the renders, but only the question of what do you think about contrasting scope edge trim piece or not, what say you please?

View attachment 21551View attachment 21552View attachment 21553
Give me the yellow one please: looks great to me - TEHO!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.