Zora on you latest render thread you mentioned the aftermarket sales GM is losing out on.
This is interesting as GM produces so called “carbon” cars that do not have very much carbon on them. These cars are a combination of carbon fibre and carbon flash. Sometimes the 2 materials are right up against on and other. (Carbon fibre Stage 3 splitter and carbon flash canards) looks ridiculous so we buy aftermarket canards that fit and look proper on a carbon fibre splitter. Consider all the vents and other add ons that GM doesn’t even offer.
Also the prices for the carbon fibre options they do have are really high.
C7 carbon fibre stage 3 rear spoiler is over $3400 from GM and an aftermarket one that is identical in fit, finish and quality is US $1250. I know this as annoyingly my car came with carbon fibre stage 3 aero package. All good except it doesn’t include the rear spoiler. I quickly bought an aftermarket one after comparing price. The carbon fibre hood insert on my car is an option worth more than $3000. Not much choice on that one though as it would be a major undertaking to put in after.
I fully agree that GM should offer more bolt on stuff for the Corvettes but until they get the prices competitive I’m not sure it will go well for them.

D

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents and Zora
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.