Featured Thread
May 18, 2018
bathurst New Brunswick Canada
VetteCoins
Hi might as well start the tread, the frame and body are now tucked in the garage. Body off resto will start this winter, it will be a slow process as my body is in ruff shape. Here are starting pictures, body in garage, motor and trans taken out of the camaro ( l82 and built th700r4), frame got in the garage and has been tucked in

Attachments

• iOS Image - 2163179688.jpg
    iOS Image - 2163179688.jpg
    880.5 KB · Views: 131
  • iOS Image - 339243770.jpg
    iOS Image - 339243770.jpg
    975.7 KB · Views: 124
  • iOS Image - 2661006394.jpg
    iOS Image - 2661006394.jpg
    895.4 KB · Views: 122
  • iOS Image - 1842866216.jpg
    iOS Image - 1842866216.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 124
  • iOS Image - 3872867175.jpg
    iOS Image - 3872867175.jpg
    934 KB · Views: 115
Hi Paul. Nice big shop to work in. Look forward to seeing this beauty transform for you. Love the color of your inspiration car.
I’ll be following along for sure. 👍

I just went back and found the star Paul. That’s an awesome find. Yup must be a good sign. 👍
Looks like the frame needed a little going over so yeah good decision to pull her apart and do the car up properly. You saved another beauty. 😁
This is going to be a great follow along story.

Forgot to mention the star in the second picture, must have been some kinds of lucky star someone had hidden there
I have heard of people finding all sorts of things in car frames from factory workers, coins, notes, weird markings. Neat find!

Good luck with the frame strip down. Take a good look for cracks, rusted thin spots, and damage....it is a heck of a lot easier to fix with it stripped down!

T

Hi might as well start the tread, the frame and body are now tucked in the garage. Body off resto will start this winter, it will be a slow process as my body is in ruff shape. Here are starting pictures, body in garage, motor and trans taken out of the camaro ( l82 and built th700r4), frame got in the garage and has been tucked in
How long have you owned the '78 for Paul? Did it come from your area and had it been driven recently?

I have bougth the engine from a friend about 6 year ago when his transmission let go in his truck. I rebuilt the engine for my 82 camaro z 28. Ever since i had the engine i made some inquiries about getting the rest of the carwich where met with inquiries about bying the engine back. Last year my offer to buy the rest of the car was accepted, i happily paid up and brought it home. My friend had bougth the car from someone that lived in the edmunston nb area. I have the guys name but i don’t think disclosing it would be very nice. I should resume working on the car in a week or two. Currently the travel trailer is in my shop, it was leaking in the corner and i am replacing some of the wood frame that was rotted.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread