Aug 4, 2012
Newmarket On
VetteCoins
Car
1975 stingray
Province
ON
Well I have created an album with some pics of my progress so far. Still have no clue how to get them in the body of the post like I have seen from some of you guys (big pic with the caption insert under).

Anyway please enjoy, and I am open to all comments and any time saving advice you might want to add.

sorry if there is more than one post on this still a newbie....LOL

Attachments

• 2012-02-19 14.29.47 (Small).jpg
    2012-02-19 14.29.47 (Small).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 2012-02-21 09.14.37 (Custom).jpg
    2012-02-21 09.14.37 (Custom).jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 2012-02-21 09.15.19 (Custom).jpg
    2012-02-21 09.15.19 (Custom).jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 2012-07-23 11.21.31 (Custom).jpg
    2012-07-23 11.21.31 (Custom).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 28
  • 2012-12-23 13.54.38 (Custom).jpg
    2012-12-23 13.54.38 (Custom).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Thanks,

The plan is to go Ontario Orange (with a bit more flake) for the color, black on the interior, not sure on the extent of the motor work right now, probably just freshen up what I have and reasses later. New suspension to make it feel tight again and though it may not be proper for the year, I am going with side exhaust.

Time and money thats all it is right...... well here's to the time we all have..LOL

nice shop to work in, that's half the battle right there. you could be setting yourself up for grief with sidemount headers on a 75. it's a dead giveaway to the M.O.E. "fun police" that you're running without cats. good luck on your project. :D

nice shop to work in, that's half the battle right there. you could be setting yourself up for grief with sidemount headers on a 75. it's a dead giveaway to the M.O.E. "fun police" that you're running without cats. good luck on your project. :D

Got to agree with you Doug on the sidepipes...a dead giveaway. :(

Yeah that has crossed my mind but how tight a$$ed are they? I mean we all hear of the M.O.E horror stories but how often do we know of real deal cases of someone getting the tickets, I have a harley that you can't stand beside for the pipes and not once have I had the pleasure of talking to someone about it. Now I know all bikes are loud and yes the pipes are a dead give away but......
Don't get me wrong I apreciate the heads up, have you guys heard of someone getting busted?

Sorry guys, my bad after I read what I posted it seemed a little harsh....

I have wanted a c3 with sidepipes since I was a kid so that was my first thoughts but if we know of real deal problems I would rather know of them then get myself pinched, and waste the money on the pipes.

Thoughts?

Sorry guys, my bad after I read what I posted it seemed a little harsh....

I have wanted a c3 with sidepipes since I was a kid so that was my first thoughts but if we know of real deal problems I would rather know of them then get myself pinched, and waste the money on the pipes.

Thoughts?

Na -- we're all easy going here and it didn't appear harsh at all -- The guys are just trying to help is all.

If you want the pictures full size just have a host like Photobucket to upload to and then copy and paste the link from there to here.

If I can help with that just holler.....

Looking forward to your progress.

Colin.

yup, plenty of cases. friend of mine got nailed with his 83 cutlass, another guy in peterborough with sidemounts on his 79 vette. they set up in port perry a couple of years ago and inspected EVERY classic car passing through. it is a hot button topic at cruise nights as many of the folks can relate stories of harrassment. :swear:

I know of people pulled over around here and given the once over. It can happen. Not trying to rain on your parade. I do see rubber bumper C3's with pipes in Ontario; not sure how they are fairing with the MOE.

Thanks guys for the heads up I will have to take it all in and do some more investigating of the subject, as it will be one of the last things to go on I will have lots of time to make the decission.
Colin, thanks for the info about photobucket I will check it out. I will keep posting the pics as this project goes along, I hope it helps the next guy just as you guys have helped me so far.

Glad to help --

We all enjoy helping and sharing -- These guys have a wealth of experience and knowledge and are a real good source of info, and very friendly too.

Keep us all apprised of your progress.:D

Colin.

Make sure you post lots of pics. Oh and get ahead of me so I can watch what you do for ideas :D. Glad to see someone else is willing to go through the process. Time and money right? And when you're done a car that is the way YOU want it.

T

Oh ya and I definitely use photobucket. works very well.

yup, if we can offer any help we're more than happy. taylorsk8 has a great thread on his frame off c3 resto/mod. nascar03 has a good step by step on bumper cover replacement as well. :D

doug.

I've been through the interior restoration process including the dash and console.

Greg.

I know of people pulled over around here and given the once over. It can happen. Not trying to rain on your parade. I do see rubber bumper C3's with pipes in Ontario; not sure how they are fairing with the MOE.

I am confused here...is the issue with the MOE running without cats...or with running side pipes?

My dad had been running side pipes on his 72 for 40 years and never had an issue. I drove by PLENTY of OPP etc last year and besides being given a thumbs up or "a nod" was never asked or pulled over for running side pipes. Is it actually an issue?

I am confused here...is the issue with the MOE running without cats...or with running side pipes?

My dad had been running side pipes on his 72 for 40 years and never had an issue. I drove by PLENTY of OPP etc last year and besides being given a thumbs up or "a nod" was never asked or pulled over for running side pipes. Is it actually an issue?

The issue is any Vette built from '75 on came with cats. Running side pipes on a '75 and up is a dead giveaway that you no longer have cats unless you squeezed them in between the manifolds and the pipes. That's all.

Hey guys,

Thanks again what a great community of car lovers here, I hope I have the oppertunity to meet you guys in person in the future. Taylorsk8 I have seen some of your posts, wow man awesome job so far. I will need some time to go through it all....LOL. Greg I will be picking your brain on interior when ever that part of the project comes around.

Well off to work, hopefully back in the shop this weekend.

Jeff

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.