By the looks of those slicks it has some serious hp ...
Racing next summer?
Puttiin' the new shop to good use right off the bat.....Cool Doug. More details on the Stud.

C.

it's my plan to run a partial season in nostalgia racing next year. the owner has said we can work out a deal in the spring, he still wants to finish out this season as he's running for points in O.N.D.R. it is a tube frame car with full cage, 9 inch ford, tubbed and stretched for slicks. it's powered by a 355 sbc with th350. it runs in the high 11's now. what i would like to build for it is a 418 using the dart 400 block at standard bore with a 3.875 stroker crank. i would like to run high 10's with it, the 355 could be a good candidate to plunk in the shark. the O.N.D.R. is having an event at shannonville sept. 14, a car show and nostalgia racing, the studebaker will be there. :D

Very cool! I've always wanted a car that would go into the 10's! I bet that will be an absolute blast!!! Looking forward to seeing the pics of it sitting in your new shop!!!

Love the looks of the old Studebakers, styling years ahead of everyone. Will you be coming as far west as Cayuga to race on the O.N.D.R. schedule?

You are going to have some serious FUN with that car!

wayne i'm not too sure yet what sort of schedule i can plan for next season but the following season i'd like to do all the events and maybe some bracket racing too. :D

Good numbers for a tank like that isn't it Doug? -- That 355 will push the shark along nicely too....and a 418 in the Studebaker would be awesome. 10's is ZR-1 territory: PDQ.

Hope you go ahead with the project and congrats on the acquisition.

C.

it's my plan to run a partial season in nostalgia racing next year. the owner has said we can work out a deal in the spring, he still wants to finish out this season as he's running for points in O.N.D.R. it is a tube frame car with full cage, 9 inch ford, tubbed and stretched for slicks. it's powered by a 355 sbc with th350. it runs in the high 11's now. what i would like to build for it is a 418 using the dart 400 block at standard bore with a 3.875 stroker crank. i would like to run high 10's with it, the 355 could be a good candidate to plunk in the shark. the O.N.D.R. is having an event at shannonville sept. 14, a car show and nostalgia racing, the studebaker will be there. :D

That's quite a hike for me in Cambridge but man would I like to see that.
So I take it that you're going, Doug?

If you do, I'll discuss this with Terry and see what we can arrange. I believe Terry has been to one of those at Shannonville in the past.

Is that at the Shannonville Motorsports Park?

Colin.

you bet colin, i'll be going and taking along two gearhead buddies. my one friend is the fella i bought the shark from and the other guy has the supercharged stage 3 roush mustang. if you're back from bc by the 14th i'll bet you and terry would love it. the O.N.D.R. holds events at st.thomas, grand bend, and cayuga also. they do race for points but the primary objective is to have fun !!! :D

doug.

51 Studebaker Champion Car Bar

51stude.jpg
if all goes well this 50 studebaker racecar will be keeping the shark company next spring/summer in the new shop !!! :D

Hey Doug:

I rescued this bulletnose clip from a parts yard and fabricated a bar with it with the help of one of my local autobody buddies. It's truly unique...not another one like it.......the only racing I do with this is with the beer funnel...lifetime warranty on the whitewalls.....

Cheers, Fitzy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.