Trussie

I'm New Here
Jul 28, 2015
VetteCoins
Car
2016 1LT
Province
ON
The dealership is offering a 5 year extended warranty (upgrade from the regular 3 yr; apparently covers everything...according to them) for $1920 plus tax. Any experience out there whether it's worth it? It's our first vette. Not planning on putting too many kms/yr on it, or holding onto the vehicle for more than 4-5 years.

Shop around for a better price at another dealer. I understand that the difference in price can be substantial. Negotiate for your best deal.

Good luck.
Congratulations on your new ride! I decided to purchase a 7yr/80K for $2500. Procrastinated, but ultimately viewed it as an insurance policy. Basically spent the money for years 6 & 7 as the intent is to keep the car. Opinions will vary, but ultimately, we make choices that best meets our needs.

I just got multiple quotes which were from $1974 to $3700 plus tax for an 84 month 100,000km warranty on my C7 with a $100 or $200 deductible. I don't think I really need 100,000 kms however will probably go that route as I have 22400km on my C7. Cheapest for $100 deductible was $2358. Cheapest for $200 deductible was $1974 plus tax. $1974 plus tax seems cheap to me to extend the warranty by four years.

I realize this thread is old but just passing along info for others considering extended warranty. Best discount that I got was $1500 off published price of any 84 month warranty that I wanted to buy.
Thanks for this info violinfather. I'm thinking about getting extended warranty on my new ride as well. I take it you just called a number of dealerships and asked for quotes based on year and model?

Our `05 is around the 50K mile mark and has needed nothing major yet. Unless you are beating on them, nothing major should go wrong in the first 50K miles or even longer. These companies have the numbers and know how to make lots of money with the warranty programme. Everyone wants to sell you a warranty on everything. Our`05 Jimmy has been the same, just normal wear and tear items. Track the cars or abuse them and you are going to have problems but the warranties may not cover you.

What are the thoughts on the following post purchase sales...

I`m close to striking a deal on a new outgoing 2016 Z51 manual-anyone have an opinion on the following post sale items? I for one never purchase extended warranty or any of this additional type of protection. I do plan to keep the car for at least 5yrs and just wondering if it is worth the peace of mind?

Protection Package $1699

Appearance Package $1589

Tire and Rim 5 years $2500

Total Loss Protection $1299

For sure you can drop tire and rim off the list, especially for $2500! Tires should have a treadwear warranty based upon mileage and Corvette rarely pile on the km........(except for AllFlash :p)

What sort of driving are you planning on doing? Is the car going to be garaged? If it'll be the typical Corvette and garaged, I would also drop the appearance package, or spend the money where you may get it back such as on XPEL protection.

Total loss protection. Check with your insurance first. It may be cheaper to go through them.

You may have to explain what is in the Protection Package for us to make an educated guess.

even I don't have the fine print...I asked the financial manger to remove all items from bill of sale. Provide me the fine print as I have 30 days to take their offer on these items as well decide on extended warranty extension prior to warranty expiration(will be costlier later but by then I`ll have a better idea if I want to keep the car longer or types of issues encountered till that point) I`m soo excited !!!

Standard warranty - 3 year/60,000 and 5 year/160,000 on powertrain. GM for the most part has a pretty good reputation with the new car standard warranty but I have heard some horror stories from people who tried to collect on extended warranties. Read the fine print very well. I put about 6000 per year on my C6 and expect the C7 usage to be about the same. I took my chances with the standard warranty.

Keith is right. Extended warranties are much like a Vegas slot machine.... It isn't there for the consumers benefit!

I'm gonna stick with the standard warranty and keep the extra $$$ in my pocket. Mine will be an everyday driver (except in the Ottawa snow). I put enough mileage on my current vette that the oild like is depleated to 20%. Hope to get similar use from new one.
Thanks

Enjoy...Jaybonn.... you will not be disappointed.... I did my first road trip last week to Vancouver.... 3000 km.... car worked like a dream....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.