Aren't they both 3M products now? I believe 3M bought Ventureshield back in 2007 if my memory is correct. Would still like someone with product knowledge of both products to chime in here. I know Manny does some 3M installations but he didn't say too much about which product(s) he uses/prefers. I have read up on both brand names and still don't know which is better? Manny uses 10 mil but I can't find anything that says either of these products are any thicker than 8 mil. Perhaps I just haven't found the right information yet and they both do come in 10 mil.

[mob][/mob] the way I understand it, is that the pre cut kits are a bit different than bulk product..... I had mine done a few years ago, and the installer used bulk 3M material, said it was thicker, claimed it was more difficult to work with that way as he had to cut stretch and form every piece by hand as compared to pre cut kits that were thinner and conformed easier to the contours of the front end.......either way, good stuff for the front end, mine still looks like new after a few seasons since I had the nose/fenders flashed in and the 3M installed.....
[mob][/mob]

Just wondering if any of you have installed the 3m protective film on your cars? I have heard it works quite well but they recommend having a professional installer put it on. Does it stand out on the car or does it blend right into the colour of the car? Might save some stone chips etc. from happening but I don't want anything that is going to be visible to any extent.

Definitely do the front sides behind front wheel and rear splats. A must

Hood, you could possibly pass on hood if you don't plan to drive the car much in early spring when s**t is on the road.

You will see the film close up. It may dull the shine a bit - why I say maybe not to do the hood.

Brian

If there is a God he'd make curreently awaiting results from my last railcar of grain #1 with a protein bonus..........then I might be able to consider something like this too!

There's two places in Edmonton I found that I like. Eurotint--where I ended up not getting it done, and Auto Details, where I did get it done. PM me if you want to know more about the price etc.

my car already had ot on and i think it's a great product. it also makes it easier for the bugs to come off as well.

Maybe for those of us who are close to Manny's and interested in getting the Ventureshield installed, Manny would consider a special group price for members. Depending on the price, if Manny is interested in providing one, for some members it may still be better to have it done locally when all costs are factored into the equation. With Manny you know what you are getting. Just my thoughts and Manny is on vacation I believe?

Maybe for those of us who are close to Manny's and interested in getting the Ventureshield installed, Manny would consider a special group price for members. Depending on the price, if Manny is interested in providing one, for some members it may still be better to have it done locally when all costs are factored into the equation. With Manny you know what you are getting. Just my thoughts and Manny is on vacation I believe?

Yes Terry -- he's back next weekend.

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.