You do not have to be a GM employee. GM Preferred Pricing allows for employees of select partner companies to purchase or lease a new vehicle at 2% over the dealer price. However even before this started many dealers were blowing out C8's, so I'm sure this offer will just further kill the Stingray market making discounts a common thing.
GM is acting half pregnant with this new program. Just make the program available to everyone and hopefully that gets them cleaned up.

My local dealer told me that he will sell either one of his 2 in stock C8s for invoice today and that still isnt attracting any buyers.

GM is acting half pregnant with this new program. Just make the program available to everyone and hopefully that gets them cleaned up.

My local dealer told me that he will sell either one of his 2 in stock C8s for invoice today and that still isnt attracting any buyers.
When you consider that the average cost of a Stingray , let alone an E-Ray or Z-06 , is about double the average Canadian income of $68,000 it’s not hard to see why actually. Especially if the vehicle is being financed at current interest rates which can more than double the total cost over say seven years. The rule of thumb for purchasing a residence for years was no more than 30% of income to qualify for a mortgage. I think that puts it in perspective.

High MSRP, Lux Tax with high loan rates make these cars not appealing.

If 24s don't move like GM thinks then how in the heck will they move 25s!!!
Probably off shore. North America isn't the only market with rich people that like fast cars.

As of Today:

1LT - 34 (reduction of 2)
2LT - 115 (reduction of 2)
3LT - 48 (reduction of 6)

Hard to say how accurate this will be as I'm sure there's customer ordered or dealer stock 24s still arriving and how many of these that were already impending deliveries...

The curious side of me wanted to see how many C8s are in the Province today and to compare at the end of the month to see if this incentive is working:

1LT - 36
2LT - 117
3LT - 54

All I did was go into the build and price and search inventory. This is a killer deal for folks looking for and can find a spec they like. I feel horrible for those who's cars have just arrived and are technically not stock...dealers must be working with them no?

Anyone interested in a heavily optioned ($25K) Amplify Orange 2LT Coupe with GT2 sky cool grey alcanterra/nappa chairs? It has been on the showroom floor since its recent PDI. Location is the BC interior. Car still has factory protective coverings on the Stingray door sill plates. Dealer will consider any reasonable offer for cash or financing. If interested PM me for pics and additional contact info.

Anyone interested in a heavily optioned ($25K) Amplify Orange 2LT Coupe with GT2 sky cool grey alcanterra/nappa chairs? It has been on the showroom floor since its recent PDI. Location is the BC interior. Car still has factory protective coverings on the Stingray door sill plates. Dealer will consider any reasonable offer for cash or financing. If interested PM me for pics and additional contact info.
Do you have photos of the car and also the window sticker so we can add it to the Showcase section of this site for a nominal charge to help support CCF?

Reactions: Gilles27
Dealers out West here in smaller urban centers are now selling at or below invoice. Used C8 prices are about to see a grand normalization into the next driving season.
You are right about that given supply and demand and the general state of the economy. The thing is if you have been enjoying your car and especially if you have no interest in selling it, perhaps ever , where prices go really should make no difference to current owners. Except perhaps being a bit annoyed seeing someone buying a unit after you and paying a bit less. :Hurray:

Reactions: JOHNNY MAC
The curious side of me wanted to see how many C8s are in the Province today and to compare at the end of the month to see if this incentive is working:

1LT - 36
2LT - 117
3LT - 54

All I did was go into the build and price and search inventory. This is a killer deal for folks looking for and can find a spec they like. I feel horrible for those who's cars have just arrived and are technically not stock...dealers must be working with them no?

After almost 2 weeks:

1LT - 33 (reduction of 3)
2LT - 113 (reduction of 4)
3LT - 50 (reduction of 4)

11 cars out of 207 is only 5% sold....yeesh. Going into fall will NOT help at all.

Now, there may have been a few left over 24s arriving from the factory so take these numbers with a grain of salt.

Reactions: cdnz
After almost 2 weeks:

1LT - 33 (reduction of 3)
2LT - 113 (reduction of 4)
3LT - 50 (reduction of 4)

11 cars out of 207 is only 5% sold....yeesh. Going into fall will NOT help at all.

Now, there may have been a few left over 24s arriving from the factory so take these numbers with a grain of salt.
I wonder how many of those cars are coupes vs HTC

I just went on GMs website and my search for 2024 Corvette came up with 255 units available today. 🤮

This is a HUGE problem. I think $10K off a 24 will be the norm sooner than later and in October I dont know if even that will clean them up?

I predict that there will be a shortage of 25s as most dealers will decline allottment if they still have 2-3 24s accruing interest.

Reactions: cdnz and DenisC8