update: same issue continues. Car would not start at the coffee shop after it was remote started at home 10 min ago. I opened the mychevrolet app, and hit "start" nothing happened for about a minute, then the car started. Drove to the lake front park, locked the car waited couple of minutes, and tried remote starting it with no luck. unlocked it, locked it, still no remote start. Opened the door, closed the door, locked it. Hit remote start and it started. Went for a walk for 30min, came back and started the car with remote start. I will try this again with my 2nd key next to I go for this drive.

at the end of the day this is not a big deal, but I still want to figure it out.
I'm still struggling with the remote lock/unlock stuff.
I did the self taught course today on mirrors, to fold or not, to angle down or not, and when. :eek:

Is there something in the 2024 owners manual that says the car has to have been parked for at least 10 minutes before you can remote start it again? It should remote start for you when starting for the first time during that particular day and then remote start again after being parked for 10 minutes. If the first remote start times out and shuts off, it may remote start again without moving the car. Have you tried that?

Is there something in the 2024 owners manual that says the car has to have been parked for at least 10 minutes before you can remote start it again? It should remote start for you when starting for the first time during that particular day and then remote start again after being parked for 10 minutes. If the first remote start times out and shuts off, it may remote start again without moving the car. Have you tried that?
Not that I can find.
30 minutes max per remote start cycle, unlimited number of remote starts within, but not exceeding that combined total of 30 minutes. Longest run time during remote start is 15 minutes, before the car shuts off automatically.
It's not specific as to what resets that counter, but the assumption has been, start the car once with the push button.
I think if you reach the 30 minute total, and the remote start shuts off, you must manually start it to reset the remote start timer/counter.

nothing in the owners manual. it always starts 1st time on a particular day, and starts after being parked for over "what feels like" 5 min. I wonder if the car computers don't shut down completely when the car is shut off/locked and some process linger for few minutes, and that is what preventing it from going into "remote start available state". I will try it again with my 2nd key so see if anything changes.

nothing in the owners manual. it always starts 1st time on a particular day, and starts after being parked for over "what feels like" 5 min. I wonder if the car computers don't shut down completely when the car is shut off/locked and some process linger for few minutes, and that is what preventing it from going into "remote start available state". I will try it again with my 2nd key so see if anything changes.
I guess you just have to test it to see how it actually operates via trial and error. I wanted to add a part that allows you to lower the top via the key fob as well, but it seemed overpriced at $500 US plus all the costs to get it here.

There's a device that lets you close the convertible roof with the fob?
Tell me more, corvette guru.
Yes, been considering this part and I see there is a distributor in Montreal now looking into it again today.
Check out the installation-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ0-xNEwK10
Also the part-https://www.mods4cars.com/sms/shop/index.php?p=b3JnYT1zbWFydHRvcCZncm91cD0yJmxhbmc9MiZjdXJyPTI=&action=products&cat=212&mode=view&id=181

I'll have a look. Probably won't work on a 2024. My luck.
I'm still puzzled as to why GM didn't include this very useful function from the get go?
Car is in the driveway, top down, rain starts, "crap, now I have to go sit in the car to close the roof?".
That, and adaptive cruise control.

The wiring for the HTC operation should be the same for 2024 so it should work. The other video showed and install on a Ceramic Matrix Grey
so I think your safe on colour as well!:)
To answer your other question the reason is cost. It would have cost a few bucks extra to add a module to one touch up and down inside the car, and put the top up with the key fob as well. Initially they rejected the adaptive cruise due to the weight of the added parts. The safety improvements for 2024 they had to add.

Last edited:
  • Clever
Reactions: MKC8
That works out to $700 Can plus shipping etc. It is an excellent feature to have but I don't know if it is worth it. But am definitely interested.
That's the reason I didn't order it over the summer. Now that I see they have a distributor in Montreal, I will check with them to see what the CDN price is without duty.
I wonder what the price of this part would be if they had a contract with GM to supply them for every HTC? Probably $50 maybe a bit less is my guess.

Reactions: MKC8
The wiring for the HTC operation should be the same for 2024 so it should work. The other video showed and install on a Ceramic Matrix Grey
so I think your safe on colour as well!:)
To answer your other question the reason is cost. It would have cost a few buck extra to add a module to one touch up and down inside the car, and put the top up with the key fob as well. Initially they rejected the adaptive cruise due to the weight of the added parts. The safety improvements for 2024 they had to add.
The safety add ons are all useful. I have no problem with them.
Although the backing up/reverse warning alarm is a bit annoying, but I'm leaving it as is, jic.

The safety add ons are all useful. I have no problem with them.
Although the backing up/reverse warning alarm is a bit annoying, but I'm leaving it as is, jic.
The 2023's and priors also have the back up warning and alarm. It was not operational for a while in 2022 with the computer chip shortage which also affected the heated steering wheels but that got updated for those owners when the chips became available. For 2024 the safety options that were added are:
  • Addition of new standard safety features:
    • Following Distance Indicator (UE4)
    • Forward Collision Alert (UEU)
    • Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning (UHX)
    • IntelliBeam auto high beam (TQ5)
    • Automatic Emergency Braking (UHY)
    • Front Pedestrian and Bicyclist Braking (UKT)

The 2023's and priors also have the back up warning and alarm. It was not operational for a while in 2022 with the computer chip shortage which also affected the heated steering wheels but that got updated for those owners when the chips became available. For 2024 the safety options that were added are:
  • Addition of new standard safety features:
    • IntelliBeam auto high beam (TQ5)
    • Automatic Emergency Braking (UHY)
    • Front Pedestrian and Bicyclist Braking (UKT)
those work well from my testing in the last 2 weeks

those work well from my testing in the last 2 weeks
Does your "Lane Keep Assist" actually nudge you left or right?
Either mine's not doing that, or I have it misconfigured.
Never mind. RTFM has probably solved this one.
Sorry.

Reactions: DenisC8
Does your "Lane Keep Assist" actually nudge you left or right?
Either mine's not doing that, or I have it misconfigured.
Never mind. RTFM has probably solved this one.
Sorry.
Usually you have to engage that by a switch on the steering wheel. Probably what the manual says.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.