After ordering the parts through the dealer, without the luxury tax being charged btw, I read the article about the dealer with the 18% discount. its too late this time to order from the other dealer, but for any future major purchases i will contact that dealer. The one small saving grace is that a former employee of mine now works at GM and he will come in with me so I will receive the GM employee discount, which I believe is 10%.

I’m thinking the installation costs would far outweigh the luxury tax on some of these items. Rad screens are not an easy after market installation nor is the rear spoiler. Not sure what it takes to install ground effects ? Might be easier to just suck it up on these items while contoured mats are a no brainer.

I’m thinking the installation costs would far outweigh the luxury tax on some of these items. Rad screens are not an easy after market installation nor is the rear spoiler. Not sure what it takes to install ground effects ? Might be easier to just suck it up on these items while contoured mats are a no brainer.
If you were planning on buying a 2024 that was a little over $100k and wouldn't generate much luxury tax then your probably right. It only takes about 15 minutes to remove the rear bumper to install a high wing spoiler and a little longer to remove the front bumper for the grill guards or you can install them by removing the lower plastic covers and installing them from below without removing the front bumper. If your installing the side ground effects you just need the template and to drill 6 holes on either side and then rivet them in place. A dealer will charge you 3+ hours labour to do this if you don't have a lift or the tools.
Unless you have a really big desire for a different colour or options from what you already have, keep your car.

I did end up ordering the parts from GM Parts in Ottawa. I printed off the parts and their prices and took it to my dealers parts dept and asked them to price match, they offered a 10% discount. So I still saved an additional $700 by ordering from Ottawa. This included ground effects package, car cover, floor mats and front rad grills. Regardless of where you buy the parts you are still going to have to pay to have them installed, (unless you do it yourself, I am reading the owners manual and I think I can handle the floor mats and car cover). Ottawa shipped them out last Tuesday and they were here the next day in St. Catharines. My salesman texted me last night, Christmas eve, and told me that my car has been shipped and that he had the Onstar activated, I went on My Chevrolet app and see the car sitting in Ingersoll. it is supposed to be here Thurs - Sat of this week. It will be PDI'd, inspected, parts installed then put away into storage. I will have a car 3 - 4 months old with about 20 kms on it when I take it out in the spring :). Have a great Christmas everyone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.