Debate welcomed. No reasoned opinion is wrong and in the end, we all vote with our money and usually enjoy what we buy once committed to it. I struggled with my decision and considered the harsher ride (35% more than the Z51) as well. For me, hearing the Z06 exhaust note was a big factor since it reinforced my long love affair with the ICE and growing up enjoying the rumble of my neighbour’s souped-up 454 Camaro SS. Again, I’m curious to see how both the Z06 and E-Ray fare in the fullness of time, amongst automotive pundits and with resale value.
Z06 will have better resale value than the E-Ray. Wait times for allocations will be the longest for Z06 followed by Stingray, then the E-Ray. ZR1 will be unobtainium in Canada.

Reactions: CamsC8
I'll be driving a Z06 in about a month and a half to get a feel for it. I am looking forward to taking mine to the track. Less weight and better handling are a benefit. The sound of the engine and the fact that the Z06 is 340 lbs lighter than the E-Ray with the Ceramic brakes is a big difference.
I don't think it's a bad thing using F1 technology to have quick charge batteries to provide additional power when needed. The Z06 is more of a track car, the E-Ray is more of a daily driver. It has the lowest top speed of any of the Corvette models but most won't notice.
I agree with Netsinah, the development costs for developing the electric motor and software comes no where close to developing the LT6 engine from a blank sheet of paper for the Z06. The E-Ray should be 20-25K more than the Stingray and not 50K! I believe the E-Ray buyers are being gouged and GM knows that if they opened up the system to orders, dealers could fulfill the entire years allocations for E-Rays in one day, based on the waiting lists that currently exist.
I am very interested in your comparison with the Z06. Are you getting a Z06 of your own next? Will it be a Z07? I am on the list for an Eray and Z06 and may be faced with a decision to pick one or the other due to them coming up at the same time. I track a bit and don't want the expense of replacing CCB that is a forced option on the Eray. I am leaning toward a Z06 without Z07 package but want a reasonably decent touring ride. I have heard feedback from some who say the Z06 ride in Tour is good but many others state the ride and noise is terrible for touring but it is not specified if the hard ride and noise is only on the Z07 or if it is still poor on the base Z06. Can you give some feedback? Have you decided to come out to one of the track events we discussed?

I am very interested in your comparison with the Z06. Are you getting a Z06 of your own next? Will it be a Z07? I am on the list for an Eray and Z06 and may be faced with a decision to pick one or the other due to them coming up at the same time. I track a bit and don't want the expense of replacing CCB that is a forced option on the Eray. I am leaning toward a Z06 without Z07 package but want a reasonably decent touring ride. I have heard feedback from some who say the Z06 ride in Tour is good but many others state the ride and noise is terrible for touring but it is not specified if the hard ride and noise is only on the Z07 or if it is still poor on the base Z06. Can you give some feedback? Have you decided to come out to one of the track events we discussed?

I'll give you a non-Z06 owner answer, while you're waiting to hear from Mr.Corvette. The Z07 suspension is 8% stiffer than the Z06 suspension, so there's a small ride difference between the 2. Some people in these Forums (like CamsC8 in his post above on this thread) found the Z06 ride unacceptably harsh, which is one factor steering him towards the E-Ray. But I've "++ talked" with others in the States on another Corvette Forum who use their C8 Z06 as a daily driver and enjoy the stiffer ride, so don't find it a problem. Like anything, it comes down to personal preference. If you're looking for a "track beast" then IMO the Z06 is definitely the way to go. But you mention that you "track a bit" so that's likely not the deciding factor for you. If you're barely tolerating ride stiffness in something like a C8 Stingray in sport or track mode on the roads you frequent, then you'll likely not enjoy the Z06 ride (without or certainly with the Z07 sport package). You mention a concern about CCB's. That should steer you away from the Z07 package, with its included CCB's. Finally, I spoke with one of the GM engineers who road tested all of the C8 line at the annual "Bash" in April 2022. This was before the E-Ray so he'd extensively driven the Stingray and Z06 on all sorts of road conditions (for example, he said the roads in Michigan were particularly rough). He said the completely base Z06 was a fabulous machine, and drove/performed well on both the track and street. He thought the Z07 package was really only needed for someone who was a "track rat" and one of the main things that helped it on the track, were the Cup2 R tires. He found the Z06 ride on long trips comfortable, even compared to the Stingray. Some might take his opinion with a grain of salt, given what he does for a living and his potential bias for a sportier vehicle. But he was definitely singing the praises of the Z06 when I spoke with him. It would be interesting to hear his thoughts about the E-Ray, now that he's ++ driven it as well. Unfortunately, I never renewed my conversation with him "post E-Ray" since I didn't attend the 2023 Bash. Ideally, it would be nice for you to drive a Z06 like CamsC8, then decide what works for you. Good luck with your decision!

E-Ray:
I'm personally excited about the Stealth Mode. When I am up in the morning at 6am I start my Stingray up and it wakes my daughter up, the neighbors up etc. It will be great to get out of my garage and neighborhood without the fuss.
You and your neighbour are low on insulation! I can barely hear ours start. The garage wall has spray foam on it.

I’m sure on this forum most people would take the Z06 over the E-ray, but I feel that the demand in the general used car market for the e-ray and Z06 would be similar, and I think the difference of the two in resale value would be less than 20k (for same build price). To the mass market, eray has pretty much the same look, even better 0-60 times (which many ppl care lol), electric motor (not everyone understands the meaning of LT6) and AWD.

I’m sure on this forum most people would take the Z06 over the E-ray, but I feel that the demand in the general used car market for the e-ray and Z06 would be similar, and I think the difference of the two in resale value would be less than 20k (for same build price). To the mass market, eray has pretty much the same look, even better 0-60 times (which many ppl care lol), electric motor (not everyone understands the meaning of LT6) and AWD.
You bring up an important point here, when you say "on this forum most people would take the Z06 over the E-Ray".
I totally agree with this statement, yet I'm not convinced the same holds true for the general population of Corvette owners.
I may be mistaken, but I get the distinct impression that the bulk of forum members place a much higher emphasis on their vehicles than the average civilian.
Don't believe me? - Ask your neighbour the top speed of his mini-van.
This is, after all, why people join a forum, right? A community of like-minded people extolling the virtues (or pit-falls) of their beloved toys. We even parade them for fun.

So, who buys a Z06 and who buys an E-Ray?
Let's assume that you actually do get to choose (I will be lucky to see either).
Also, we must allow for the perceptions of the vehicles, rather than argue 1/4 mile times, or g-force accomplishments.
I believe the guy that loves extreme, high-end performance, wrapped in the beauty of an up-scale Corvette, will go the route of the Z06.
I also believe the guy that wants the beauty of a remarkable, up-scale Corvette, encasing high-end performance, will opt for the E-Ray.

Back to your point on resale value (finally).
Head into the future 4 or 5 years, when each of these cars are back on the market.
Each car has 30,000 or 40,000 kms on it, but are immaculate (after all, they were owned by forum members).

Do you buy the Z06, knowing that it probably has been 'tested' at every traffic light, and even 'tracked' if possible? This is why it was originally decided on, right?
Do you buy the E-Ray, knowing that the original Owner was probably not 'enjoying' the vehicle to it's full potential? He bought it for 'comfort', not speed, right?

Not that I can envision this scenario for myself, but were it to occur, I would opt for the E-Ray.
I can certainly see this car holding it's value in the future.

Hal-Last month I ordered a Z06 for my buddy in Ottawa as he got a non Z07 allocation before I got my allocation. The dealership that I am on the list with got one, which was also a non Z07 allocation and that went to a friend and customer of the GM. I did not order the CCB on the car.
The Z07 as mentioned above is even stiffer than the Z06's 35% over the Z51, so 43% stiffer overall. My bill of sale still says 2022 Corvette Z06 Coupe 3LZ with Z07 package and TOG visible carbon fiber aero package. So much for that! I was leaning coupe for using at the track.
I'm starting to think we need to organize a track day where we have a Z06 base, Z06/Z07, E-Ray Base and E-Ray ZER package all there to compare.
My thread in June about the Ron Fellows owners school and would you consider going went over like a lead balloon, with very little interest. There seems to be
very minimal interest in tracking Corvettes. Not just here and not entirely, but IMO, it seems the interest level is small. I have a couple of folks that have been asking me to bring my Corvette to Grand Bend and I have been waiting to get my Z06 to go up there and stomp them.
Last week, the Niagara Corvette Club went to CTMP and members were charged $1200 to drive the Z06 a few laps along with Camaro ZL1's and V series Cadillac's
similar to the cars that were on various tracks when I was in Pahrump. Hypersonic loved driving the Z06 and he said, well worth going. I imagine the insurance was included for the price they paid that day. I figure when my allocation comes up for the Z06 the Z07 won't be available. As of now, both TOG and TOF aero packages are on constraint still for the start of 2024 Z06 production! The base Z06 makes more sense for everyday driving as the Cup 2's are not a street tire compared to the base tire. I don't use my car as a daily driver, so when I do go out, it's like a track day!
I will be able to answer your question about the ride and noise more after I drive one, but Thom has and overall he preferred the Stingray Z51 as an everyday car.
The noise will be similar in a base Z06 to the Z07 and I am hoping that the fourth version of Magnetic Ride Control that these cars have will make up for some of the harshness in the ride for both versions of the Z06.
As for tracking, I am going to come up there and check it out. The weather was bad last time. I'm about to trade in my current car for my new car with Z51
and mag ride like my first C8. I was thinking about trying both the Z51 with the 4S's and then the Z51 with the all seasons and then at some point TBA, the Z06 with one tire or the other. My current car is non-Z51 and non mag ride and I got a reminder of why every car at Ron Fellows has both last month.
I don't see you on the Z06 list, what are your plans for track cars?

Last edited:
The Eray will be a better all around daily driver as many of you had stated.
After spending 2 days behind the wheel of a Z51 for the first time flocking through the mountains in BC, it has further reinforced my believe.
While the SR is a fantastic car in every aspect, at times I wished it has more torque down low in the rev. Those that characteristic from a EVs especially Model 3 Performance. This is were I think the Eray will offer that instant traction and torque sensation over the Z06. And to me that is more exhilarating then hearing the LT6 sings imho.
Back in my younger days, my LT5/ZR1 produces some nice tone as well with an after market exhaust system and headers, but after one long trip to BG, I was beginning to queation my decision. :) Sure a short drive around town is great, but on long trips with a loud exhaust is not comfortable imo.
You all are going to love the Eray I predict and will never doubt your decision.
Congrats to you all and I hope that you get your Erays asap..:Cheers2:
Btw, if you have a chance to hit the BC mountains in your Corvette or a Corvette, do it.

Reactions: Mr.Corvette
Hal-Last month I ordered a Z06 for my buddy in Ottawa as he got a non Z07 allocation before I got my allocation. The dealership that I am on the list with got one, which was also a non Z07 allocation and that went to a friend and customer of the GM. I did not order the CCB on the car.
The Z07 as mentioned above is even stiffer than the Z06's 35% over the Z51, so 43% stiffer overall. My bill of sale still says 2022 Corvette Z06 Coupe 3LZ with Z07 package and TOG visible carbon fiber aero package. So much for that! I was leaning coupe for using at the track.
I'm starting to think we need to organize a track day where we have a Z06 base, Z06/Z07, E-Ray Base and E-Ray ZER package all there to compare.
My thread in June about the Ron Fellows owners school and would you consider going went over like a lead balloon, with very little interest. There seems to be
very minimal interest in tracking Corvettes. Not just here and not entirely, but IMO, it seems the interest level is small. I have a couple of folks that have been asking me to bring my Corvette to Grand Bend and I have been waiting to get my Z06 to go up there and stomp them.
Last week, the Niagara Corvette Club went to CTMP and members were charged $1200 to drive the Z06 a few laps along with Camaro ZL1's and V series Cadillac's
similar to the cars that were on various tracks when I was in Pahrump. Hypersonic loved driving the Z06 and he said, well worth going. I imagine the insurance was included for the price they paid that day. I figure when my allocation comes up for the Z06 the Z07 won't be available. As of now, both TOG and TOF aero packages are on constraint still for the start of 2024 Z06 production! The base Z06 makes more sense for everyday driving as the Cup 2's are not a street tire compared to the base tire. I don't use my car as a daily driver, so when I do go out, it's like a track day!
I will be able to answer your question about the ride and noise more after I drive one, but Thom has and overall he preferred the Stingray Z51 as an everyday car.
The noise will be similar in a base Z06 to the Z07 and I am hoping that the fourth version of Magnetic Ride Control that these cars have will make up for some of the harshness in the ride for both versions of the Z06.
As for tracking, I am going to come up there and check it out. The weather was bad last time. I'm about to trade in my current car for my new car with Z51
and mag ride like my first C8. I was thinking about trying both the Z51 with the 4S's and then the Z51 with the all seasons and then at some point TBA, the Z06 with one tire or the other. My current car is non-Z51 and non mag ride and I got a reminder of why every car at Ron Fellows has both last month.
I don't see you on the Z06 list, what are your plans for track cars?
I have been on the list for both the Z06 and the Eray for several years. I did not add my name to either list here on the forum because my dealer told me recently it was likely that my delivery for both "would come up at the same time and which would I choose", as I only want one at a time. My response was whichever one I can get first. I prefer to stay off that published list for now thank you, but I do appreciate your knowledge and expertise you provide on the forum.
I won't be attending the next Wed. evg. lapping Aug. 3 at Grand Bend but will likely attend the one on Wed. Evg. Aug. 17. Wed. evg. are open to anyone so you can run your car then too. I would be happy to meet you there and show you what its about. I can take you on a few laps in my Z51 with mag ride and PTM and show you how it performs there. I run mainly stock on 4s with upgraded rotors and pads and a "mild" track alignment. There is an all day event in Grand Bend on Aug. 10 which I am planning to attend also but if you want to run your car you will need to have them Ok you as they don't take anyone without some experience. You can PM me to let me know.
PS I was at Mosport Driver Development Track yesterday at the "Porsche Experience" and we ran quite a bit on track in their 911's. It was like the Ron Fellow's school at Spring Mountain and I enjoyed it a lot. I proudly wore my Corvette hat all day and get a few questions about the car comparison. At the end I did a HOT lap with Ron Fellows' son Sam Fellows (who races NASCAR etc.) at the wheel. Even though Sam Fellows was employed by Porsche at the time he notice my hat and said secretly "I'm really Corvette Guy too".

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.