It's totally up the dealer usually. My agreement stated that if the price changes between me signing the agreement and the delivery of the vehicle the dealer could pass along the increase, but I could cancel the agreement. Some dealers will stand by the price they stated to you and some will not. Again, read your purchase agreement. If you don't have one then you are not protected by that and you are at the mercy of the dealer.
I have a verbal agreement of 99,000$. I kept changing options , like the suspension. Constraint or ... So I might screwed, again.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
I have a verbal agreement of 99,000$. I kept changing options , like the suspension. Constraint or ... So I might screwed, again.

All I can say to your unhappy posts...is that once you're behind the wheel of a C8, you'll put all this "before stuff" in your rearview mirror and have nothing but fun driving a mid-engine Corvette. Like 99% of us who purchased a C8, we waited...waited...waited...and then waited some more. For those like me with the 2020 year, we endured a GM strike, followed by a several month COVID plant-shutdown and a few shorter shutdowns, making it all that more difficult and nerve-racking to land a 2020. Then many people paid an increased price for the 2021 and most I talked to or heard from, said that price increase was well worth it, once they had their vehicle. Most agree the C8 is underpriced for what you get, especially for Canadians, given the US/Canada exchange rate. There's a few positive points to consider, while you're waiting.

I'm now in the same "holding pattern" for the C8 Z06...and doubt I'll see one this year and perhaps not even next year? But I'm expecting I'll similarly love it, when I take delivery, and I look forward to that day.

All I can say to your unhappy posts...is that once you're behind the wheel of a C8, you'll put all this "before stuff" in your rearview mirror and have nothing but fun driving a mid-engine Corvette. Like 99% of us who purchased a C8, we waited...waited...waited...and then waited some more. For those like me with the 2020 year, we endured a GM strike, followed by a several month COVID plant-shutdown and a few shorter shutdowns, making it all that more difficult and nerve-racking to land a 2020. Then many people paid an increased price for the 2021 and most I talked to or heard from, said that price increase was well worth it, once they had their vehicle. Most agree the C8 is underpriced for what you get, especially for Canadians, given the US/Canada exchange rate. There's a few positive points to consider, while you're waiting.

I'm now in the same "holding pattern" for the C8 Z06...and doubt I'll see one this year and perhaps not even next year? But I'm expecting I'll similarly love it, when I take delivery, and I look forward to that day.
I have waited this long, so I will wait till I get it, but I am beginning to wonder if my dealership did not skip over some of us , for friends etc.

I have waited this long, so I will wait till I get it, but I am beginning to wonder if my dealership did not skip over some of us , for friends etc.

You should ask your dealer/salesperson, if any allocations went to family/friends or the dealership. Your salesperson should also be up front with you, about where you are on their list, how many allocations they get and when, and how you move up on that same list. If you don't get straight answers, consider getting on another list(s) with a different dealer(s). Best to be on multiple lists anyway, to increase your chances of getting a C8. The more effort you make to inform yourself about what's going on with your dealer...and other dealers...the more your homework will pay off down the road. Good luck!

You should ask your dealer/salesperson, if any allocations went to family/friends or the dealership. Your salesperson should also be up front with you, about where you are on their list, how many allocations they get and when, and how you move up on that same list. If you don't get straight answers, consider getting on another list(s) with a different dealer(s). Best to be on multiple lists anyway, to increase your chances of getting a C8. The more effort you make to inform yourself about what's going on with your dealer...and other dealers...the more your homework will pay off down the road. Good luck!
I was told, I am next up, at the dealership:Hurray:, for an allocation. I do not see my salesman being happy with another salesman or even his boss taking over that spot and pushing his part of the profit of the car, further away, than it has been already. I have been wrong before , though , many times in my life;). As for the new car department manager, I called him once , left a message and he did not call back.:mad: I kind of trust my salesman but he does not work for me/us, but for the garage. I spoke to him about the increase and he says I should not pay for it but he has no control over that. Dealership has that power. If they charge me the increase , I will still buy my C8 but I will never buy there again and will cancel our EV Equinox order with them and all maintenance with the C8 will be done elsewhere on warranty or not.

He put in my order on April 20th . At least that is what he told me. No allocation yet though. Does that mean I save the increase?
As long as your dealer put the order into the GM Workbench system, you should not have to pay any increase.
HOWEVER: should you make any sort of change to the order after June 13th, then all bets are off. It is my understanding you are price protected so long as no changes are made.

As long as your dealer put the order into the GM Workbench system, you should not have to pay any increase.
HOWEVER: should you make any sort of change to the order after June 13th, then all bets are off. It is my understanding you are price protected so long as no changes are made.
Oh, ok , my last changes were way before then, good news , thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.