Jul 31, 2021
Manitoba
VetteCoins
Car
Red Mist 2023 Coupe
Province
MB
Looks like another round of price increases effective today. Check this post on the MEC Forum:
From what I am reading so far, orders already in the system should be price protected but I am far from certain on that...

Chevrolet Interim -- Effective June 13, 2022

Chevrolet is announcing revised prices effective for vehicles produced on or after June 13, 2022. This revision affects base model prices for 2022 MY Corvette. Select options will also be revised. Dealer invoice amounts will increase accordingly. Dealer discounts remain unchanged.

Dealer price schedules will be available in GlobalConnect effective June 13, 2022.

Retail sold order price protection eligibility dates are dictated by the customer and dealer order dates as follows:
-Customer order date must be prior to the date of the price increase.
-GM systems order date (date dealer enters in GM system) must be no more than one workday after date of the price increase.
1LT COUPE - $65,595
2LT COUPE - $72,895
3LT COUPE - $77,545

1LT CONV. - $73,095
2LT CONV. - $79,895
3LT CONV. - $84,545

Options with increases:

E60 Front Lift - $2,595

J6E Yellow Brake Calipers - $695
J6F Bright Red Calipers - $695
J6N - Edge Red Calipers - $695
NGA - Black Exhaust Tips - $395
EYK - Chrome Exterior Badges - $295
ZYC - Carbon Flash Exterior Mirrors - $195

BV4 Personalized Plaque with Name/VIN - $295
D30 Color Combination Override - $695
R6X Custom Trim and Seat Combo Override - $695
36S - Yellow Custom Leather Stitch - $495
379 - Orange Seat Belts - $495
38S - Red Custom Leather Stitch - $495
3A9 - Tension Blue Seat Belts - $495
3F9 - Red Seat Belts - $495
3M9 - Yellow Seat Belts - $495
3N9 - Tan Seat Belts - $495
N26 - Sueded Microfiber Steering Wheel - $695
TU7 - Two-Tone Seats - $595
AH2 - GT2 Bucket Seats(2LT Only) - $1,695

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know if we need to contact dealership to make it protected ? Or it should be automatic. Mine was produced 2 weeks ago

From past experience, some dealers will pass along the price increase even when they shouldn't. My next-door-neighbour bought a 2021 and placed his order, before any price increase. GM had put out a directive to the dealers, saying the price increase would only apply to new orders. He got hit with the price increase when he picked up his 2021, even after telling the dealer GM's policy dictated he shouldn't have to shoulder any increase. He didn't fight too much though. He was lucky to get an allocation and his happiness getting a new C8 outweighed the surprise of the price increase, which he viewed as relatively small. So lance I'd suggest you contact your dealer now, to avoid any surprises later when picking up the car.

Always best to organize as much as you can before pick-up, so you can better focus on taking delivery. I had my insurance in place and made arrangements for the dealership to do the registration, plus I had the dealer prepare and send me some of the closing documentation in advance, which all saved time. I was very happy to get their proposed Bill of Sale, since it had a few unexpected items and after sending them copies of earlier emails where the dealership agreed to charge me no more than MSRP, my dealer agreed to delete the "dealer inspection/doc" fee, plus the "standard" vehicle warranty offered by the dealership on each new vehicle sold. As well, they tacked on a $100 A/C charge and quickly retracted that as an error on their part, when I pointed out that same charge was already contained in the manufacturer MSRP. They also sent me all the warranty info, including pricing for the extended manufacturer warranty, which allowed me to choose in advance and not spend that time at the dealership.

A few other points:

-see if your dealer will take photos of your vehicle, if possible, to capture it on the truck and before then during it being unwrapped (assuming you're not there, which is common);
-decide if you want the dealer to clean the outside of the vehicle. Some ++ fussy owners don't want anyone touching the exterior paint, for fear it could cause paint swirls. Your call;
-ask your dealer to keep ALL the paperwork that comes with the vehicle, such as the additional "build sheets" it comes with. This extra documentation comes inside the vehicle and might help you on resale or for your own piece of mind, so there's more than just the Monroney label or "window sticker". But most importantly, ensure they retain that window sticker and hopefully they don't fold it. Some people like to frame it, especially if you enter your vehicle at car shows.

They should be used to us "fussy Corvette people" so don't think these requests will be anything new.

Congrats on having yours built...and soon (in a month?) to take delivery!

Reactions: lance
Looks like another round of price increases effective today. Check this post on the MEC Forum:
From what I am reading so far, orders already in the system should be price protected but I am far from certain on that...

Chevrolet Interim -- Effective June 13, 2022

Chevrolet is announcing revised prices effective for vehicles produced on or after June 13, 2022. This revision affects base model prices for 2022 MY Corvette. Select options will also be revised. Dealer invoice amounts will increase accordingly. Dealer discounts remain unchanged.

Dealer price schedules will be available in GlobalConnect effective June 13, 2022.

Retail sold order price protection eligibility dates are dictated by the customer and dealer order dates as follows:
-Customer order date must be prior to the date of the price increase.
-GM systems order date (date dealer enters in GM system) must be no more than one workday after date of the price increase.
1LT COUPE - $65,595
2LT COUPE - $72,895
3LT COUPE - $77,545

1LT CONV. - $73,095
2LT CONV. - $79,895
3LT CONV. - $84,545

Options with increases:

E60 Front Lift - $2,595

J6E Yellow Brake Calipers - $695
J6F Bright Red Calipers - $695
J6N - Edge Red Calipers - $695
NGA - Black Exhaust Tips - $395
EYK - Chrome Exterior Badges - $295
ZYC - Carbon Flash Exterior Mirrors - $195

BV4 Personalized Plaque with Name/VIN - $295
D30 Color Combination Override - $695
R6X Custom Trim and Seat Combo Override - $695
36S - Yellow Custom Leather Stitch - $495
379 - Orange Seat Belts - $495
38S - Red Custom Leather Stitch - $495
3A9 - Tension Blue Seat Belts - $495
3F9 - Red Seat Belts - $495
3M9 - Yellow Seat Belts - $495
3N9 - Tan Seat Belts - $495
N26 - Sueded Microfiber Steering Wheel - $695
TU7 - Two-Tone Seats - $595
AH2 - GT2 Bucket Seats(2LT Only) - $1,695
all prices in USD, I wonder what CAD prices will be

From past experience, some dealers will pass along the price increase even when they shouldn't. My next-door-neighbour bought a 2021 and placed his order, before any price increase. GM had put out a directive to the dealers, saying the price increase would only apply to new orders. He got hit with the price increase when he picked up his 2021, even after telling the dealer GM's policy dictated he shouldn't have to shoulder any increase. He didn't fight too much though. He was lucky to get an allocation and his happiness getting a new C8 outweighed the surprise of the price increase, which he viewed as relatively small. So lance I'd suggest you contact your dealer now, to avoid any surprises later when picking up the car.

Always best to organize as much as you can before pick-up, so you can better focus on taking delivery. I had my insurance in place and made arrangements for the dealership to do the registration, plus I had the dealer prepare and send me some of the closing documentation in advance, which all saved time. I was very happy to get their proposed Bill of Sale, since it had a few unexpected items and after sending them copies of earlier emails where the dealership agreed to charge me no more than MSRP, my dealer agreed to delete the "dealer inspection/doc" fee, plus the "standard" vehicle warranty offered by the dealership on each new vehicle sold. As well, they tacked on a $100 A/C charge and quickly retracted that as an error on their part, when I pointed out that same charge was already contained in the manufacturer MSRP. They also sent me all the warranty info, including pricing for the extended manufacturer warranty, which allowed me to choose in advance and not spend that time at the dealership.

A few other points:

-see if your dealer will take photos of your vehicle, if possible, to capture it on the truck and before then during it being unwrapped (assuming you're not there, which is common);
-decide if you want the dealer to clean the outside of the vehicle. Some ++ fussy owners don't want anyone touching the exterior paint, for fear it could cause paint swirls. Your call;
-ask your dealer to keep ALL the paperwork that comes with the vehicle, such as the additional "build sheets" it comes with. This extra documentation comes inside the vehicle and might help you on resale or for your own piece of mind, so there's more than just the Monroney label or "window sticker". But most importantly, ensure they retain that window sticker and hopefully they don't fold it. Some people like to frame it, especially if you enter your vehicle at car shows.

They should be used to us "fussy Corvette people" so don't think these requests will be anything new.

The purchase agreement is legal and binding. Read it and see.

A few other points:

I’ll send an email and inquire. Hopefully they don’t do any trick. It’s been almsot 24 months wait… I don’t think I have a signed contract. It was when I made the deposit which stated Msrp + 700 admin fee.

Price protected, for who, GM! So now, after 28 months wait and counting, I will have to pay an extra 2300$ US on top of all the increases since I ordered a 2020? GM is probably the worst company I have had to deal with in my life and I am 64. I have bought over 45 vehicles and have never been gouged this much! I know covid , wars etc , boohoo , they have no respect for Canadian customers and especially Quebecers. I know my dealership and salesman are not happy with them either. I will tell you something they do not want you to know , do not pay prep , they get re-imbursed by GM for that but still charge us for it. I know I will put up a stink about it. This, if I ever get one will be my last GM and I probably, will cancel my wife s EV Equinox. Did you notice GM reduced the price of the Bolt in the USA but not for Canada.

Price protected, for who, GM! So now, after 28 months wait and counting, I will have to pay an extra 2300$ US on top of all the increases since I ordered a 2020? GM is probably the worst company I have had to deal with in my life and I am 64. I have bought over 45 vehicles and have never been gouged this much! I know covid , wars etc , boohoo , they have no respect for Canadian customers and especially Quebecers. I know my dealership and salesman are not happy with them either. I will tell you something they do not want you to know , do not pay prep , they get re-imbursed by GM for that but still charge us for it. I know I will put up a stink about it. This, if I ever get one will be my last GM and I probably, will cancel my wife s EV Equinox. Did you notice GM reduced the price of the Bolt in the USA but not for Canada.
From my understanding, you are next in line for an allocation correct? Did your dealer not yet put your order in the system? That would be unusual but not unheard of I suppose.

From my understanding, you are next in line for an allocation correct? Did your dealer not yet put your order in the system? That would be unusual but not unheard of I suppose.
Actually it's about 65 / 35. 65% don't enter the order until an allocation is received.

A few other points:

I would also either ask to look at under carriage on lift or put it on one when I got home. I took delivery in December so car sat under my lift till spring the dealer had driven it to fill with gas so I wanted to clean undercarriage, there were two panels that were damaged from loading it on semi. Dealer was very good and apologetic and replaced panels but have to wonder how many are damaged and nothing is said.

He put in my order on April 20th . At least that is what he told me. No allocation yet though. Does that mean I save the increase?

He put in my order on April 20th . At least that is what he told me. No allocation yet though. Does that mean I save the increase?
It's totally up the dealer usually. My agreement stated that if the price changes between me signing the agreement and the delivery of the vehicle the dealer could pass along the increase, but I could cancel the agreement. Some dealers will stand by the price they stated to you and some will not. Again, read your purchase agreement. If you don't have one then you are not protected by that and you are at the mercy of the dealer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.