Z51 of any year do this. I should know.

My solution, is to shove a pressure washer into the brakes and wash out the dust. Between pads and rotor, from every angle.

Good for a while after that. You likely notice more squeal in dry weather due to the dust, don’t you?

Interesting that you should know….. but my 2020 C8 Z51 has never squealed in 12000 kms of driving
Read my signature, so you can understand what I said. And oh…I never said that that every single car does. What I said is that any years of Z51 do this (i.e. can experience brake squeal.)

From the 2023 OM - Vehicle Care - Brakes - starting on page 257...
"Brake Squeal and Brake Dust
Some driving conditions or climates can cause a brake squeal when the brakes are first applied, clearing up following several applies. This does not mean something is wrong with the brakes. Vehicles equipped with high performance brake systems provide superior fade resistance but will produce increased brake squeal and brake dust on the wheels and calipers as compared to standard brake linings. This is normal.
To help reduce squeal, the brake pads are treated with an anti-squeal paste that may need to be reapplied periodically as part of normal vehicle maintenance. The anti-squeal paste will dissipate over time. Also, the use of wheel cleaners or power washers directly on the brake calipers may remove the anti-squeal paste from the brake pads. It may be necessary to reapply the anti-squeal paste if it is removed during cleaning. If brake squeal is excessive, the anti-squeal paste should be reapplied. The anti-squeal paste should always be reapplied whenever the brake pads are removed or replaced. See your dealer for service."
Just sayin'...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread