May 15, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette LT2
Province
BC
I have a 2023 C-8 Z51 with 600 km and a terrible brake squeel at 1 - 5 KPH. It is so loud it is Embarrassing to pull up to any intersection. It has done this since I drove it home from the dealership. I read some of the forums and have tried to Bed the Brakes 10 to 100 KMPH done 12 times in a row. This actually did work but for only 200 KM. I found another video which indicated there was a Service Bulletin on this problem. The fix involves removing the front pads and placing a bead of Permetex Copper on the leading edges of the Pad as well as on the back where the piston touches. I have an appointment at the dealership May 16 and I will keep all posted as to whether this is a long term fix. For a $100,000 plus car the brakes should not squeel this bad even though the brakes were designed for track use.
Would appreciate any feed back from any of you that have had this GM fix.

Please do. I'm all ears (sorry) as I'm looking to get the same car someday soon.
Agreed on the price versus problems comment.
I wonder if Porsche and Ferrari have new car brake issues?

all performance brakes on all performance cars are loud, on some more than others
Do they slowly go deaf, with age, like the rest of us? ;)
Or get louder? Like when we talk on the phone, and raise our voice, because we can't hear what the caller is saying?:rolleyes:

Reactions: Dik and KTJF
I had the exact same problem when I got my 2020 Z51. I tried everything on earth and the only thing that solved the problem was switching out the stock Z51 brake pads to Power STop Extreme. They were cheap from Paragon Performance and they have not squeaked once in 25,000km's
How are they on dusting?

Reactions: Rebby
I had the exact same problem when I got my 2020 Z51. I tried everything on earth and the only thing that solved the problem was switching out the stock Z51 brake pads to Power STop Extreme. They were cheap from Paragon Performance and they have not squeaked once in 25,000km's
Thanks for the tip...I had my shop try to fix it...nothing. So I will try your pads next..

Reactions: PapaSmurf
I have a 2023 C-8 Z51 with 600 km and a terrible brake squeel at 1 - 5 KPH. It is so loud it is Embarrassing to pull up to any intersection. It has done this since I drove it home from the dealership. I read some of the forums and have tried to Bed the Brakes 10 to 100 KMPH done 12 times in a row. This actually did work but for only 200 KM. I found another video which indicated there was a Service Bulletin on this problem. The fix involves removing the front pads and placing a bead of Permetex Copper on the leading edges of the Pad as well as on the back where the piston touches. I have an appointment at the dealership May 16 and I will keep all posted as to whether this is a long term fix. For a $100,000 plus car the brakes should not squeel this bad even though the brakes were designed for track use.
Would appreciate any feed back from any of you that have had this GM fix.
I had the same on my 2020. It was nasty and people on the streets would turn and look. The fix for me was driving in reverse a few times and slamming on the brakes. I was told the cause was a small stone stuck in the pads. 2-3 reverse stops fixed the issue. Who knows the real cause? But it worked for me. Good luck.

Reactions: KTJF and Bunny hop
I've had other "performance vehicles" and NEVER had the problem the OP described: pulling up to an intersection with my brakes loudly ++ squealing and getting everyone's attention. I've had some brake squealing but nothing that would "wake up the dead" which is how I see this problem described. My 2020 C8 (non-Z51) and now 2023 Z51 C8, had no such issues: no brake noise at all nor do any of my friends with C8's (mostly Z51's) have this issue. So this isn't "normal" if it's super loud and like others have said, GM should come up with a fix for this next-to-new (600 km) vehicle, just like any manufacturer should do for any other next-to-new vehicle. My 2 cents.

Reactions: Bunny hop
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread