Casual User
Mar 7, 2021
Belle River, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2022 Corvette Coupe
Province
ON
My 2022 order has been accepted by GM. I now have an order number. Dealer says I will move to next level when they receive an allocation. I am #1. They get 4 allocations typically.
Does this mean I am status 2000? Any guesses on how long to get it? Spring?
Car is Coupe, Torch red, 2lt, GT1 natural, grey trident wheels, red calipers, low spoiler/splitter, perf exhaust. No pricing yet.

My 2022 order has been accepted by GM. I now have an order number. Dealer says I will move to next level when they receive an allocation. I am #1. They get 4 allocations typically.
Car is Coupe, Torch red, 2lt, GT1 natural, grey trident wheels, red calipers, low spoiler/splitter, perf exhaust. No pricing yet.
I am #2 on their list but can't place order till price list come up. Which dealer are you with?

They got their first one in Oct last year. Not sure when production started compared to this year. I got lucky. Called in March and they had no list for 2022 yet. Now the list is long. Still #19 at another dealer in Windsor but the only get 9 per year. You have to call around it seems. Can't wait...

I don't believe any orders have been accepted yet. I could be wrong, but I think you are just at 1100. The term accepted does come at 2000, but like I said they have opened the ordering window, but 2000 comes with an allocation (unless my brain has left me ;) ).

• Agree
Reactions: pozi240
I don't believe any orders have been accepted yet. I could be wrong, but I think you are just at 1100. The term accepted does come at 2000, but like I said they have opened the ordering window, but 2000 comes with an allocation (unless my brain has left me ;) ).

Ok . Must be 1100 until allocation comes in. Still a long way to go. Thanks

You can get confirmation from the CC as to your status code, but that's all you'll get from them.
You can get confirmation from the CC as to your status code, but that's all you'll get from them.
Did you get your car

Ah Makes sense......I placed the order with my dealership in September 2020, was confirmed accepted with an order number in July........... Still waiting....... Nothing has happened since then.

Ah Makes sense......I placed the order with my dealership in September 2020, was confirmed accepted with an order number in July........... Still waiting....... Nothing has happened since then.
Yes it depends on how far down the list you are from an allocation. I got lucky and found a small dealer which offered me their first allocation for 2022. Called in March, Ordered in July, allocation in August and got it in October. I was also on another list at same time and am still a year away after this one was delivered. It's a crap shoot.

What is your status? Accepted is 2000 and above. With the shortages of late things have moved a little slower, but at 3000 things speed up.

I got lucky and found a small dealer which offered me their first allocation for 2022. Called in March, Ordered in July, allocation in August and got it in October.
I'll say you got lucky! :)
These things can happen, but they are few and far between.

When it comes to getting a C8 I think I might be one of the luckiest, especially when I hear others' timelines. I went to the dealership in mid June 2021 with no intention of buying a C8, but went to see what I could get for my C7. Happened to be the day they received allocations, not sure if they had a waiting list or not, or were just happy to get the prospect of a trade-in. I put my order in on June 19th, and was accepted by GM on June 22nd. Went to 3000 in early August and was built on August 25th. Took delivery October 14th. The shipping was the longest part. Overall less than 4 months from deciding to get a C8 until delivery. Very lucky!!

When it comes to getting a C8 I think I might be one of the luckiest, especially when I hear others' timelines. I went to the dealership in mid June 2021 with no intention of buying a C8, but went to see what I could get for my C7. Happened to be the day they received allocations, not sure if they had a waiting list or not, or were just happy to get the prospect of a trade-in. I put my order in on June 19th, and was accepted by GM on June 22nd. Went to 3000 in early August and was built on August 25th. Took delivery October 14th. The shipping was the longest part. Overall less than 4 months from deciding to get a C8 until delivery. Very lucky!!

Amazingly quick! And mind boggling that you had "no intention of buying a C8" when you went into your dealership! Hopefully you got your C8 at MSRP and if so, so much the better. Congrats!

I spoke with someone a couple of weeks ago who thought he'd paid MSRP for his new C8, which he drove off the lot a few days after seeing it for sale at a dealership. Similar to you Jdm127 he hadn't planned to buy a C8 and was snooping around one night and saw it for sale on the dealer website. It turns out his dealer misled him by claiming it was MSRP due to the aero accessories the dealer put on the car and I didn't have the heart to tell him otherwise and strongly recommended he join these Forums or at least a Corvette Club to get better informed. So there's an example of someone getting a C8 in less than a week but he paid for that privilege.

Yes, it was at MSRP. The only caveat is since I ended up selling the C7 privately and not trading it in, the dealer made me finance the C8 for the first six months, after that the financing can be discharged. So I was a little bit upset at the extra $1,500 in interest I have to pay for the financing, but I more than made up for that by selling the C7 privately. Really based on not having to go on a waiting list, getting to build the car I wanted, waiting less than 4 months and getting it at MSRP, I should shut up and smile. Which is what I do every time I drive it. Another crazy part about it is that they forgot to ding my CC for the deposit, so when I went to pick it up I hadn't even put anything down on it!!

Deep down I always wanted the C8 but was very happy with my C7, when I phoned around to other dealers after I was given the allocation and they all indicated that I could be put on their lists and would likely be looking at 12-18 months I realized this is too good of an opportunity to pass up and took the allocation.

Yes, it was at MSRP. The only caveat is since I ended up selling the C7 privately and not trading it in, the dealer made me finance the C8 for the first six months, after that the financing can be discharged. So I was a little bit upset at the extra $1,500 in interest I have to pay for the financing, but I more than made up for that by selling the C7 privately. Really based on not having to go on a waiting list, getting to build the car I wanted, waiting less than 4 months and getting it at MSRP, I should shut up and smile. Which is what I do every time I drive it. Another crazy part about it is that they forgot to ding my CC for the deposit, so when I went to pick it up I hadn't even put anything down on it!!

Deep down I always wanted the C8 but was very happy with my C7, when I phoned around to other dealers after I was given the allocation and they all indicated that I could be put on their lists and would likely be looking at 12-18 months I realized this is too good of an opportunity to pass up and took the allocation.
The dealer forced you to take financing, even though you didn't need it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.