Did it sell yet?
Did it sell yet?

Not selling. Trading it back to the dealer I got it from and getting another. Do that every year.

I was offered a lot of money for this car from dealers in the states. However car as to stay in canada for 1 year and 12,000 kms so it won’t hurt the the dealer. So I’m trading back in and getting another and sending that one over to Callaway. Hoping for early spring.

How would that hurt the Dealer?

I have a awesome relationship with my dealer. If I sale the car across the border before the time is up than it affect them and me. Not worth it. They treat me awesome so they can send to the states after I trade it in if they like. I had offers close to $200,000 Us for this car however can’t take it. Wouldn’t be fair to my dealer.

Reactions: Dik

I have a awesome relationship with my dealer. If I sale the car across the border before the time is up than it affect them and me. Not worth it. They treat me awesome so they can send to the states after I trade it in if they like. I had offers close to $200,000 Us for this car however can’t take it. Wouldn’t be fair to my dealer.
You have been trying to sell this car since you bought it, seen it advertised in Kijiji, Ciocca in New Jersey have the new B2K in stock and selling for MSRP which is 35k over list of a Stingray so why would anyone in the USA offer you 200 when they can buy a new one for 120 tomorrow?
iOS Image - 770505174.jpg
iOS Image - 2432524255.png

You have been trying to sell this car since you bought it, seen it advertised in Kijiji, Ciocca in New Jersey have the new B2K in stock and selling for MSRP which is 35k over list of a Stingray so why would anyone in the USA offer you 200 when they can buy a new one for 120 tomorrow?View attachment 99317View attachment 99318

Car was never for sale.. haha.. I had posted to couple places just to see what interest there was.. and believe me there is lots. My car is Callaway launch edition which I guess is much harder to get since they only did 5 of them. Why dealers in the states would offer me that much? Don’t know but many want the car.

No offence to anyone, but me personally I don’t care for Callaways or lingerfelters and other tuners. I would not pay more for it, and I would always choose a stock C8 over a tuned one even if the price was the same. Also I don’t care about how limited something is especially if it’s not factory production limited. I suspect it’s because I am younger and those names not mean anything to me.

Reactions: Rhue
No offence to anyone, but me personally I don’t care for Callaways or lingerfelters and other tuners. I would not pay more for it, and I would always choose a stock C8 over a tuned one even if the price was the same. Also I don’t care about how limited something is especially if it’s not factory production limited. I suspect it’s because I am younger and those names not mean anything to me.
Denis since you brought up being”young” it’s surprising that you want to drive a cliche red HTC and that you like stock over modified. You have no desire to track your car or attend SM to see your capabilities or the cars.I think you’re an old man trapped in a young man’s body :)

Denis since you brought up being”young” it’s surprising that you want to drive a cliche red HTC and that you like stock over modified. You have no desire to track your car or attend SM to see your capabilities or the cars.I think you’re an old man trapped in a young man’s body :)
Gilles, I can confirm what Denis is doing is perfectly normal. We call it vibing (aka cruisin). :cool:

Source: another younger dude (if 30s is still considered young).

Reactions: unionville
Gilles, I can confirm what Denis is doing is perfectly normal. We call it vibing (aka cruisin). :cool:

Source: another younger dude (if 30s is still considered young).
In my mind, I’m still 18, but now the girls call me a dirty old man! 😝😝

this is my 1st Sports/Super/Exotic car. my 1st choice was rapid blue with 2 tone blue interior, but since I was going to get C8 Z06 in the same spec I decided to get Torch Red on Red as it is still exotic. My 3rd choice would of been yellow with black interior (but black interiors in my opinion are too common and cheap looking, even Honda Civic is available with black leather interiors).

I have modified my 1st car when I was 17 and quickly learned that mods made it only worse, and decreased the value of the car. I guess you can say I got it out of my system.

I have no desire to track my car because it will decrease the value of the car (the value I want to be there for when I trade it in or a Z06) and a track day is not only 4 hours on the track, its 4 hours before and 4 hours after of prep. I don't want to spend 12hrs for 4 hrs of fun. (same applies to "no sex until the 3rd date")

if by SM your mean Spring mountain, my choice not to do it is because of location and time it will take and not that I will not enjoy it. If it was done at Toronto Motorsports Park Cayuga, I would do it.

I know my capabilities and the car's, and I know that on the streets I will not approach the limit of either. For example a 0-60mph in 2.8 seconds is great and I was able to achieve that in my C8 on a 2nd try and replicate it twice. But I will not be launching my car on the city streets so those numbers don't mean much. I am more interested in the caranddrivers metric of 5-60mph (3.5 second for C8) that eliminates launch control and shows you true real world acceleration from a a light/stop sign.

as for your statement of being an old man trapped in a young's man body, I agree 100%. But to me that's good thing, I have learned from other's mistakes that took them decades to learn, decades to recover from and I am only 32. Just imagine how good my life is. If there is something I don't like or don't want to do I just don't do it. The power of "NO"

Kudos to you for treating your dealer well. One thought: given the potential for ++ profit the dealer could realize when reselling this car, would the dealer agree to a 50/50 split with you, of any monies it gets over and above what it gave you as credit for the car? It seems fair with the dealer benefitting from you not selling it on the open market.

Kudos to you for treating your dealer well. One thought: given the potential for ++ profit the dealer could realize when reselling this car, would the dealer agree to a 50/50 split with you, of any monies it gets over and above what it gave you as credit for the car? It seems fair with the dealer benefitting from you not selling it on the open market.

They will look after me I’m sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.