Gilles, I can confirm what Denis is doing is perfectly normal. We call it vibing (aka cruisin). :cool:

Source: another younger dude (if 30s is still considered young).
Gilles, Dennis is a young guy and leads on lots of cruises, which he is an expert in doing, from the planning to being the lead. By the way, he does a great drive in his stock C8.

this is my 1st Sports/Super/Exotic car. my 1st choice was rapid blue with 2 tone blue interior, but since I was going to get C8 Z06 in the same spec I decided to get Torch Red on Red as it is still exotic. My 3rd choice would of been yellow with black interior (but black interiors in my opinion are too common and cheap looking, even Honda Civic is available with black leather interiors).

I have modified my 1st car when I was 17 and quickly learned that mods made it only worse, and decreased the value of the car. I guess you can say I got it out of my system.

I have no desire to track my car because it will decrease the value of the car (the value I want to be there for when I trade it in or a Z06) and a track day is not only 4 hours on the track, its 4 hours before and 4 hours after of prep. I don't want to spend 12hrs for 4 hrs of fun. (same applies to "no sex until the 3rd date")

if by SM your mean Spring mountain, my choice not to do it is because of location and time it will take and not that I will not enjoy it. If it was done at Toronto Motorsports Park Cayuga, I would do it.

I know my capabilities and the car's, and I know that on the streets I will not approach the limit of either. For example a 0-60mph in 2.8 seconds is great and I was able to achieve that in my C8 on a 2nd try and replicate it twice. But I will not be launching my car on the city streets so those numbers don't mean much. I am more interested in the caranddrivers metric of 5-60mph (3.5 second for C8) that eliminates launch control and shows you true real world acceleration from a a light/stop sign.

as for your statement of being an old man trapped in a young's man body, I agree 100%. But to me that's good thing, I have learned from other's mistakes that took them decades to learn, decades to recover from and I am only 32. Just imagine how good my life is. If there is something I don't like or don't want to do I just don't do it. The power of "NO"
Well said. That reminds me of the time a 4 star general and former NATO commander once told me that “I have a 5000 year old mind in a young man’s body”. One of the best compliments I have received.

Reactions: DenisC8
Denis since you brought up being”young” it’s surprising that you want to drive a cliche red HTC and that you like stock over modified. You have no desire to track your car or attend SM to see your capabilities or the cars.I think you’re an old man trapped in a young man’s body :)
Gilles is just a grumpy old frenchman, who's trying to keep up with us young folk

Well said. That reminds me of the time a 4 star general and former NATO commander once told me that “I have a 5000 year old mind in a young man’s body”. One of the best compliments I have received.
Someone gave me the HaHa emoji on one of my comments once. Made me feel all scooshi inside...

this is my 1st Sports/Super/Exotic car. my 1st choice was rapid blue with 2 tone blue interior, but since I was going to get C8 Z06 in the same spec I decided to get Torch Red on Red as it is still exotic. My 3rd choice would of been yellow with black interior (but black interiors in my opinion are too common and cheap looking, even Honda Civic is available with black leather interiors).

I have modified my 1st car when I was 17 and quickly learned that mods made it only worse, and decreased the value of the car. I guess you can say I got it out of my system.

I have no desire to track my car because it will decrease the value of the car (the value I want to be there for when I trade it in or a Z06) and a track day is not only 4 hours on the track, its 4 hours before and 4 hours after of prep. I don't want to spend 12hrs for 4 hrs of fun. (same applies to "no sex until the 3rd date")

if by SM your mean Spring mountain, my choice not to do it is because of location and time it will take and not that I will not enjoy it. If it was done at Toronto Motorsports Park Cayuga, I would do it.

I know my capabilities and the car's, and I know that on the streets I will not approach the limit of either. For example a 0-60mph in 2.8 seconds is great and I was able to achieve that in my C8 on a 2nd try and replicate it twice. But I will not be launching my car on the city streets so those numbers don't mean much. I am more interested in the caranddrivers metric of 5-60mph (3.5 second for C8) that eliminates launch control and shows you true real world acceleration from a a light/stop sign.

as for your statement of being an old man trapped in a young's man body, I agree 100%. But to me that's good thing, I have learned from other's mistakes that took them decades to learn, decades to recover from and I am only 32. Just imagine how good my life is. If there is something I don't like or don't want to do I just don't do it. The power of "NO"
Hey Denis- kudos for knowing what you like and don’t like. And more importantly that you know your capabilities and limits. Too many young folk out there driving well beyond their capabilities and ending up in cuffs or on a stretcher. I personally like the looks of the Callaway but could not justify the expense. I grew up with only enough money to get what I needed and not much more. Now that I can afford whatever I want, I still have that frugal mindset. It took a lot of deliberation to actually buy the C8. I love it and and have no regrets. But in that same vein, I would not buy a Z06 because I personally don’t see the value proposition (and like I said- that’s just thinking about my perspective )Others obviously do, and that’s fantastic as I would truly love to see the car driving around.
Regarding your age- well that’s just a number! I’m 20 years older than you, feel like I’m the same age as you, and sometimes ache like I’m 40 years older than you.

Gilles, I can confirm what Denis is doing is perfectly normal. We call it vibing (aka cruisin). :cool:

Source: another younger dude (if 30s is still considered young).
Gilles, Dennis is a young guy and leads on lots of cruises, which he is an expert in doing, from the planning to being the lead. By the way, he does a great drive in his stock C8.

Since the Raccoon lives in the area , I’m going to send him on the next cruise will his straight piped C8 and he can also report on the cruise

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.