Placed my deposit with Jeff at WN July 2019. Car delivered August 2020.
Mine was a month after. I wouldn't want it to be in late summer anyway since can't drive it for more than a month or so and it's gonna sleep in the garage and depreciate might as well wait for 2021s in May.

Hi Everyone,

Jeff Moore here at Wilson Niblett. Our General Manager Chris Walters is more than happy to share any information you may need about your C8, including deliveries in 2020, the allocation for 2021, and your exact spot on our list. If you're on our list we can tell you your exact spot in a manner of seconds. Chris' cell phone number is 416 997 0420. Don't be shy, give him a call if you wish. Chris shares his personal cell phone with all our clients as a matter of convenience and access for them.

It has been a pleasant surprise that a lot of C8buyers from other dealers have decided to service with us, we are truly honoured to be trusted with your vehicle. We did even have a client come to us with his vehicle from Cobourg so we could get him a high wing spoiler that nobody was willing to source. As many of you remember, the High Wing spoiler was removed from many 2020 orders. We ensured that every customer who wanted a High Wing got one, as we immediately ordered a tonne of them for stock once given the instruction to do so from GM. We still have a few red ones left in stock if anyone is looking. It is this attention to detail, as an example, that has earned us the trust of Corvette enthusiasts like you! We have tried and continue to try and help everyone we possibly can. We are crazy about the car, always have been, and are very organized with everything Corvette as we are acutely aware of the expectations of the amazing Corvette client base.

It doesn't matter which dealer you purchase from, your C8 is always welcome here at Wilson Niblett I assure you. Just last week had a competing dealer bring their C8 here as they did not have the expertise to diagnose the vehicle and we helped them get it back on the road for their customer no questions asked.

We don't know who the number 1 Corvette dealer is and that's not what we focus on anyway. We want to be a great dealer period, for purchase and after sale service. We don't want to deprive anyone of the opportunity to drive this car by trying to hoard orders for our dealership. We want you out on the road having your hair blown back by the vehicle as it was designed and is intended to do as soon as humanly possible!

Managing expectations on the C8 with limited supply and astronomical demand has been a real challenge so we have to be very careful when discussing delivery details. That said we don't have anything to hide so here are some stats for you that we share when people call us.

We delivered 80 Corvettes in 2019. Then in 2020 we delivered 63 C8s. Now its 2021 and we have 27 2021 C8s currently in production and soon to make their way to the dealership!! We have about 119 outstanding Stingray orders, and our Z06 list is growing fast as well. GM has not provided total C8 allocation for 2021 as they are not sure what the year will bring either (let's be honest no one is!), but they have loosely assigned a projected number for the first half of the year which they were very direct in saying was NOT a commitment on their behalf. So the truth actually is, no one knows their total 2021 allocation. We anticipate we will deliver more C8s this year than last. Certainly, we expected to deliver a lot more than 63 C8s in 2020 so our fingers crossed just like yours!! If no supply disruptions the plan is to build as many Corvettes as the plant can handle.

I should also note we keep a 2020 C8 in the showroom so you can see it, touch it, smell it, the whole deal, before you place an order. We do encourage people to come and see the car when they order, it's all part of the experience and the memories!!

Thank you for reading everyone. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help you with your Corvette, or your incoming order! We haven't had a 30 year plus love affair with this car by being difficult to deal with!! We are here to help and love the car just like you do and are always happy to chat.

Jeff Moore
Well said and thank you for the information. Winter is here, lockdown has been here for some time... All many of us can do is hope that these measures end soon and we get back to some kind of normalcy soon.

Jeff, you saw the 57 Pickup when I came in (and the Bel Air).... since I'm bored now, I'm getting ready to drop in a new 350 into the truck. Should make 425+ horse with world products heads, high lift cam, etc... I'll bring it by in spring. I'm sure you'll hear it coming...... but that's a short project and then what..... I remain optomistic for the C8.....

Statistic this morning that 11% of people will be spending $$ this year and the remaining will be VERY conservative........ guess we're part of the 11%............

Vijay

Gotta thank Wilson Niblett for their less than transparent wait list policies. Been there done that. Best thing that ever happened to me. I had a Stingray on order with a 5k hold for several months in 2014 when the Z was released. I had contacted them a few times with no help whatsoever. After receiving some great info that a Z06 was still unaccounted for of the first 32 allotted to Canada, I hunted that allocation down for two days and found it in Quebec. In speaking with the owner, the first thing he said to me was that nobody there spoke English and he asked if it would be ok if I dealt with the GM District rep directly... Got my money back from WN and on a return trip from Taipei to Toronto 2015, I got the notification that it was sitting at the dealership. Found a plane from TO to Quebec City and then drove her home 9 hours straight in the pouring rain. It's been a love affair ever since.

There is so much involved in the order process and allocations that it would make your head spin. To this day, people place down payments with dealerships that don't want to lose the business but haven't a clue if they are even getting a car that year. The buyer suffers and many have. At least back then, the only confirmation a dealer had of that allocation was a single slip of paper and those that weren't getting any were not told such...so people just kept on throwing their money down on orders that wouldn't pull through...at least back then specifically for the Z06's. Even after some got that allocation and had a build made, they arrived at the dealer (I know of two for sure) only to have the dealer add a market premium to their purchase. It was disgusting and I hope it has changed.

Attachments

• IMG_6770.JPG
    IMG_6770.JPG
    753.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Reactions: WN Jeff
Hi Everyone,

Jeff Moore here at Wilson Niblett. Our General Manager Chris Walters is more than happy to share any information you may need about your C8, including deliveries in 2020, the allocation for 2021, and your exact spot on our list. If you're on our list we can tell you your exact spot in a manner of seconds. Chris' cell phone number is 416 997 0420. Don't be shy, give him a call if you wish. Chris shares his personal cell phone with all our clients as a matter of convenience and access for them.

It has been a pleasant surprise that a lot of C8buyers from other dealers have decided to service with us, we are truly honoured to be trusted with your vehicle. We did even have a client come to us with his vehicle from Cobourg so we could get him a high wing spoiler that nobody was willing to source. As many of you remember, the High Wing spoiler was removed from many 2020 orders. We ensured that every customer who wanted a High Wing got one, as we immediately ordered a tonne of them for stock once given the instruction to do so from GM. We still have a few red ones left in stock if anyone is looking. It is this attention to detail, as an example, that has earned us the trust of Corvette enthusiasts like you! We have tried and continue to try and help everyone we possibly can. We are crazy about the car, always have been, and are very organized with everything Corvette as we are acutely aware of the expectations of the amazing Corvette client base.

It doesn't matter which dealer you purchase from, your C8 is always welcome here at Wilson Niblett I assure you. Just last week had a competing dealer bring their C8 here as they did not have the expertise to diagnose the vehicle and we helped them get it back on the road for their customer no questions asked.

We don't know who the number 1 Corvette dealer is and that's not what we focus on anyway. We want to be a great dealer period, for purchase and after sale service. We don't want to deprive anyone of the opportunity to drive this car by trying to hoard orders for our dealership. We want you out on the road having your hair blown back by the vehicle as it was designed and is intended to do as soon as humanly possible!

Managing expectations on the C8 with limited supply and astronomical demand has been a real challenge so we have to be very careful when discussing delivery details. That said we don't have anything to hide so here are some stats for you that we share when people call us.

We delivered 80 Corvettes in 2019. Then in 2020 we delivered 63 C8s. Now its 2021 and we have 27 2021 C8s currently in production and soon to make their way to the dealership!! We have about 119 outstanding Stingray orders, and our Z06 list is growing fast as well. GM has not provided total C8 allocation for 2021 as they are not sure what the year will bring either (let's be honest no one is!), but they have loosely assigned a projected number for the first half of the year which they were very direct in saying was NOT a commitment on their behalf. So the truth actually is, no one knows their total 2021 allocation. We anticipate we will deliver more C8s this year than last. Certainly, we expected to deliver a lot more than 63 C8s in 2020 so our fingers crossed just like yours!! If no supply disruptions the plan is to build as many Corvettes as the plant can handle.

I should also note we keep a 2020 C8 in the showroom so you can see it, touch it, smell it, the whole deal, before you place an order. We do encourage people to come and see the car when they order, it's all part of the experience and the memories!!

Thank you for reading everyone. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help you with your Corvette, or your incoming order! We haven't had a 30 year plus love affair with this car by being difficult to deal with!! We are here to help and love the car just like you do and are always happy to chat.

Jeff Moore
I paid my $5k deposit to WN back in July 2020. I was just asked to re-build my car online. Apparently my sales guy Sergio is no longer there and now Aria is taking care of it. Order was initially a late 2020 model and is now supposed to come as an early 2022.. Does this seem right/normal?

I paid my $5k deposit to WN back in July 2020. I was just asked to re-build my car online. Apparently my sales guy Sergio is no longer there and now Aria is taking care of it. Order was initially a late 2020 model and is now supposed to come as an early 2022.. Does this seem right/normal?
Not a chance that a July 2020 deposit would make 2020 production.

I put down a deposit in July 2019 and barely made it into 2020 production.

With all the delays related to covid and semi conductors, early 2022 delivery sounds about right to me.

It seems a little late given WN's history. It shouldn't take more than a year these days. However, I have no idea who maintains the list at WN. You can call the GM of WN if you want. Jeff from WN on here seems to be a straight shooter.

Edit: Check that. Give the GM a call.
"General Manager Chris Walters is more than happy to share any information you may need about your C8, including deliveries in 2020, the allocation for 2021, and your exact spot on our list. "

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I pulled into Wilson-Niblett in September 2020 with my son (and our 57 Bel Air) to see Jeff Moore. Within 15 minutes, we were taking pics beside the white C8 on display and we were now on the waiting list for a 2021. So here we are almost a year later and we are on schedule for a 12-18 month delivery. Now mind you, it did get pushed to 2022, but that's life. I have a C5 with 630 horse to keep me entertained anyway.

Patience? I have never been a patient person, however, this is beyond my control and it is what it is. It will show up at some point...and when it does, as Jeff says, it will be worth it.

My point is that throughout the process, whenever I enquired about where I was in the que, or what was new, he answered. Remember people, this is what he does FOR A LIVING. It is to his advantage to be transparent and "tell it like it is". He would have nothing to gain by lying to a client.

I highly recommend Jeff - Stand up guy in my books.

Cheers
Vijay

Reactions: 12cents
Any idea if anyone can check my allocation # at WN? Placed a deposit in oct 2021 but my sales rep will never give me an answer. Says its too early and to check back later this year... not good service.
Who is your sales rep?
@WN Jeff there has been very open and honest with everyone here. It is likely way too early to have any significance, but it's always nice to know where you stand. If he answers your call it takes very little effort to tell you. You are likely way down at around 80 given the date of your deposit, but that's just a guess on my part.

Any idea if anyone can check my allocation # at WN? Placed a deposit in oct 2021 but my sales rep will never give me an answer. Says its too early and to check back later this year... not good service.
I believe you're too early for an allocation. From my only experience, my deposit was Sept 2020 - allocation was August 2021. So, I'd say end of summer for your allocation, delivery before Christmas....... but that's how mine went.......if BG ramps up production and parts and chips are available, could be sooner....... but again, my educated guess.

Reactions: vinny's vette
you'll be lucky if you get a 2023 if you placed it that time... My deposit was in 2019 and still haven't received...

I will post an update when I get my allocation and then when I get my C8. We will see.
Hi guys, just noticed that this thread came up again and I forgot to post a follow up on when I received my C8 from Spencers. Deposit placed end of September 2020 and car received at my house in Nova Scotia on May 27, 2021. Loving my Red Mist HTC

Reactions: vinny's vette
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.